Hey Andy, I've got (stole) an idea . . .

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Chris M., Dec 30, 2013.

1. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TV's gonna be a hit first. Sponsorships and money are great and much needed. But my view on the big picture doesn't see cash flow for radio than might lead to a half dozen ticket sales and maybe the product of the investor seeing little to no increased revenue.

Investors/sponsors pulled out of Brad Friedel's soccer academy, an opportunity to be involved in a huge way the US produced players. Players who will play for MLS, be sold to other counties and play for the USMNT.
    No sponsors.

"Pause to Baky...Baky to Pause...Pause to Baky.." doesn't stand a chance.

"Ronaldinho to Zlatan..." k, we are now open to discussions.

2. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    In order to have the footprint necessary in a market like Chicago you must have radio and TV. Focus should not be on one at the expense of another. Marketing the team and making it entwined in the sporting landscape of the city requires a multifaceted approach, TV, radio, print, the Internet all have a role.

3. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is the reason is so funny to be this type of fan of a baby league. We the fans are fighting for a radio broadcast...we the fans who are at the game. It makes perfect sense.
    Sure...radio...next subject.

4. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yeah, but we aren't at all of the games.
    Plus, it would be nice to hear the broadcast (as long as Dan Kelly is nowhere to be heard) while waiting to trying to get into the stadium on game days. :(

5. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Lack of radio has always been a bit of an annoyance, for sure. Always a pain trying to follow games while driving is a bitch, stuck looking at Twitter and what not.

Let's remember that DePaul games on the Score are 'time buys'. They are paying a lot of money for them to pick the games up, unlike say for example the Sox, who the Score pays a ton for the rights to said games. For all the talk of how cheap this organization is, it shouldn't come as a surprise that they don't want to pay to have games on radio IN ADDITION to paying WPWR to air games on TV.

6. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It's 2014, everybody has a phone and internet connection, c'mon ya Skyway Pirates!

[​IMG]

HomietheClown repped this.
  7. seamuslush

seamuslush Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    In regards to radio studio sponsorship -

The Chicago Wolves have the naming rights for WSCR's update studio, so if the Fire approached WXRT (for example), CBS' local sales team would have a price point to give them (from what I can tell - the Wolves get a namecheck and a 10 second ad every 30-60 minutes (example - "From the Chicago Wolves Update Studio, I'm Mark Rodewald; the Wolves are live this Saturday at 7 and this Sunday at 3 vs the Rockford Ice Hogs").

I don't know how much more this would cost than last year's radio advertising budget (which focused, as best I could tell, on 30 second spots on WSCR/WMVP). It's been a while since I've seen rate sheets for those stations...

HomietheClown and Chris M. repped this.