Hex Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by yankeeRoyal, Feb 2, 2013.

1. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Which games are you basing this assessment on?

Just to be clear, just like Jurgen Klinsmann had jack shit to do with any changes in the German youth program, he has done absolutely jack shit to make any changes in our youth development system.

Beerking repped this.
  2. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Point still stands. The only times in 17 months that JK has let go of the reigns has been when his back has been against the wall in qualifying or when the press is hounding him about overly defensive tactics.

He opens it up for one game, our boys show what we are really capable of, and then he shuts it down again with overly defensive tactics.

3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Here is the problem with your mechanistic approach: when Mexico goes out ahead as far as you forsee, a certain mentality will take over : " dont play Hernandez and Giovanni, we dont have to and we want to train up the subs in case of injury down the road anyway" is typical of this mindset. There are other considerations which take over as well. This makes it all much more unpredictable than you would think.

4. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley's was solid minus three things:

1. Away to Costa Rica in qualifying.
    2. Bringing Findley to the World Cup over Ching.
    3. Starting Clark in the World Cup.

5. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Partly a player pool problem as well. Brazil's bench blows our starting 11 out of the water, and Mexico has quality 1-23. Bradley had Bornstein and Feilhaber. :(

Beerking repped this.
  6. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So where is it? We haven't been creating hardly any chances in front of net.

Except those changes were already being made before he got here.

:confused:

7. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has done absolute jack shit to make any changes in our youth system? Your hatred against Klinsmann is disgusting!

DaNnYsOl09 repped this.
  8. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    What has he done? Seriously...what has he done? If I'm so off base, then you should be able to provide examples of what specific steps he's taken to improve youth development in this country.

Beerking and LongDuckDong repped this.
  9. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing compared to the anti-Bradley posters......yet.

10. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also like to see specific examples.

11. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Detcelfer

Detcelfer Member

Jun 30, 2011
    WA - USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He hired and works closely with Claudio Rayna. The youth system now incorporates much of the training that the USMNT does. The ultimate goal was to have the youth transition into the professional world seamlessly without the massive adjustment period and slow professional starts we often deal with. The youth level is also now currently training in a "flexible 4-3-3" with a now American styled (for lack of better words) system which is all new.

Honestly, it doesnt take any time to look this stuff up. Haters are going to hate. I get that, but some of you shit bricks over nothing.

DaNnYsOl09, BimmerBenz95 and bmo180 repped this.
  14. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    What specifically has he done to begin the process.

You bark like I'm out of my mind when I say that he hasn't done anything, yet are completely unable to provide one single solitary example of anything that he's even attempted.

I realize you have a man crush on him because he's German, but at a certain point, reality wins out.

Actually, I take that back. This is BigSoccer, and reality pretty much never wins out with people like you.

15. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What has he changed about the youth system? The current playing/coaching philosophy and formation emphasis was developed by Reyna and a team of observers that spent time in Germany, Spain, and Holland before JK was hired. The centralized academy system (with many free MLS youth teams) was in place years before JK took over.

JK hasn't had any impact on youth development.

16. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    No he didn't Reyna was hired by Sunil nearly a year before Klinsmann was hired. And Reyna's blueprint for youth development was written and in place 6 months before Klinsmann was hired.

And the US Youth Development academy was founded around 2007, four years before Klinsmann was hired.

No it doesn't. Each coach has autonomy to run whatever formation that they want. Just look at the U-23s of you don't believe it. That was a coach that was hand picked by Klinsmann and Porter ran a completely different system than anything that Klinsmann has run.

You're right. www.google.com

I can give you a quick lesson on how to use that website if you'd like, because your dates and facts on the Reyna hire are so completely wrong its laughable.

Beerking repped this.
  17. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other than not qualifying for the Olympics, what has Klinsmann done to fix the youth system?

Beerking repped this.
  18. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    30 years ago England decided they needed to produce "flair" players like Brasil, and "reformed" their youth leagues to attempt to achieve this end. No results yet. Shall we give Jurgen a few decades?

19. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reyna was hired 1.5 years before Klinsmann. The 4-3-3 tactical setup for the youth academies was established a full year before Klinsmann took over as coach.

All that stuff you mentioned was already in place by 2011 when JK was hired.

20. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man crush? :rolleyes: And you hate him because he's German? You have been criticizing him NON
    STOP! It's not normal to have so much hate like you do towards Klinsmann.

21. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    I don't give a shit if he's German, Swahili, American or if he's from the planet K-Pax. I just want a coach who walks the walk.

And you still haven't answered the question. And its a very simple one.

What exactly has JK done to improve youth development in this country?

Edit: Also want to point out that speaking the truth about JK doing NOTHING to advance youth development in this country isn't "hating". Its preventing mythology from developing.

22. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go read Detcelfer's post. Even though Claudio was hired before JK became the new coach, Claudio, Jurgen and Javier Perez(U18 coach) have been working together to create a new philosophy for the youth system. I believe there's
    a pdf of their curriculum over at the youth
    forums.

23. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    And you should read everyone else's posts.

That curriculum was developed by Claudio Reyna and put into place long before JK was hired.

You. Are. Wrong.

24. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That curriculum has Claudio's and Perez's name on it, Javier Perez was hired last year by Jurgen Klinsmann so I'm sorry but...

You. Are. Wrong.

25. xsosx

xsosx Member

May 27, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The U.S. Soccer Curriculum was released at the U.S. Soccer + SPARQ Player Development Summit which took place from April 19 to April 21, 2011. The PDFs for the U.S. Soccer Curriculum are available here. According to the document properties of the files, they were created on April, 11, 2011. Klinsmann was hired July 29, 2011.

Javier Perez's name appears as the author on the title pages of these documents, however, he was not hired as a coach of the U18 team until March of 2012.

According to this article, Perez and Reyna have known each other for some time.