He's So Wondo! The continuing chronicle of Chris Wondolowski's career

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by TyffaneeSue, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will he be meeting with the Casbah at that end of Buck Shaw Stadium or the other end this season? :confused:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both: Goal scorers will have an SG to greet behind either goal this season.

7. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice, looking forward to it. Not only does it make the field more intimate, it spreads the enthusiasm around and will let each group do their thing.

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As will opposing goalkeepers have an SG to taunt them throughout the whole game. :D

Will the entire Casbah be moving to the south end of Buck Shaw Stadium? Will that extra seating added there for the home finale last season remain there for this season? :confused:

-G

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As well as provides a nice stereo effect of chanting for those sitting on the east and west sides of the stadium. :)

-G

10. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be enough - from what I remember it was ~250 seats? I don't think the ranks of the Casbah are larger than that (at least as far as regulars)

11. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    Wondo not in the starting lineup for the Nats tonight... looks like he is still getting shafted

12. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wondo woulda finished Brek Shea's shot in the 20'. :cool:

13. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    Wondo finally gets in in 61' minute

14. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Two of the best chances for the US came off Wondo. I bet he bags one if he had some more time out there. He looked good. Unfortunate not to get a goal for his efforts. On the plus side for the Quakes, makes me hopeful that he'll continue his unbelievable form this season.

15. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US just looks way better with 2 forwards up top rather than a lone target striker.

Wondo had good chances... Zusi didn't pass on would could have been a sitter for Wondo late.. Couple of great headers by Wondo but were blocked.

Crazy finish! Reminded me of Algeria trying to milk the clock and fake injuries last year, only to get scored on at the last minute. Venezuela got what they deserved.

I hope Wondo had a strong enough performance to get him into the next game. I certainly think he did well - if only he could get one in goal. Feels like when he was on that dry spell at the beginning of last year and he just could not get one for a long time.

16. jetdog9

jetdog9 Member+

Nov 14, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, he did a good job helping to set up Bunbury for a good opportunity with that back-heel, but Bunbury's shot wasn't great.

In 30 minutes he produced on-frame chances and helped his teammates out. It was good to see, surely he'll get time in Panama.

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes - that section will the Casbah's own little hamlet, conveniently placed in front of the microbrew vendors. So you folks down in the south end will get a reprieve from the onslaught of verbal diarrhea that has thus far come from the visiting SG section, especially if you join us as we drown them out. Which I'm sure you will.

Oh, and join the Casbah. We won't bite. Much.

19. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IkCr4gN7K0&feature=channel_video_title"]Studio 90: Panama Edition - YouTube[/ame]

HE SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE HE'S FROM NORCAL. :D

Pretty sweet. HELLA sweet.

20. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    So Wondo gets robbed again.

He completely outperformed Bunbury and when Cameron picks up a stupid red card, Wondo sees the bench and Bunbury stays in. :(

Do we get Kansas City at home this year, going to razz "traffic cone" Bunbury

21. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What bull ****... What is everyone's obsession with Bunbury? The guy has played terribly both games, and he stays in? I have never been impressed watching Bunbury.. here or with KC... am I missing something?

22. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Bunbury probably stayed in because he's fast and as a lone forward speed keeps defenses more honest. That said, yeah, Bunbury kinda sucks. Horrible first touch, nonexistent in the air, poor shooting, poor passing, poor vision, poor decision-making, unable to hold up the ball, poor anticipation. Speed is about it.

Sucks for Wondo...but good for us. I don't think Wondo will ever be a big part of the national team. If he were called up all the time he'd just be sitting on the bench instead of playing for us. I think if he were given a shot with the 'A' squad he would be a good option against regional opponents, but I doubt Klinsmann will give him a chance.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The USA won so it didn't really matter anyway. Panama on the other hand couldn't do anything with a man up as the US defense looked dominant .....

24. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wondo was never given much minutes the past 2 games playing in a style that would fit him - with service and futzing around in the final 3rd.

Perhaps though he should have busied himself more and checked back more to try and make it happen. Either way, I feel that he's a known quantity and most everyone realized that he was the best or second best forward we had.

He gets on base...for the quakes. God that movie was so ********ing good.

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Player Ratings: Panama 0-1 USA

Nick Rimando put in a solid first half in the United States' tight 1-0 victory over Panama.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/match/74518/panama-vs-usa/player-ratings