Here is your Gomez battlefield, fight here all you want!

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Matakos, Dec 11, 2012.

?

Mario Gomez is:

1. Best striker ever! I can give you the stats

41.7%
  2. My grandma's touch and movement are better than his

58.3%
  1. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would be interesting to hear from where you have this knowledge?

Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  2. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Van Gaal asked for Lewa ?? I don't think so ...

There isn't one single report that says Heynckes asked for Lewandowski ...

And unless you're personal friends with Pep, there's no way you know if he asked for Lewa ...

Assume Much ??

3. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/02/25/3779803/beckenbauer-bayern-do-not-need-lewandowski

Headline: Kaiser, "Bayern don't need Lewandowski"

He's an old man and I don't take his opinion seriously most of the time, but you could at least not mention the only guy going to the press and specifically stating the complete opposite of what you said. I am however, quite confident that Hoeness & Rummenigge do want to replace Gomez with Lewandowski. As for Van Gaal, it seems you believe every little rumor that fits your agenda, must be nice. For the rest of the mentioned, it is very possible though I don't know based on the rumors.

Raumdeuter and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  4. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    I said there were anonymous players who asked for Lewandowski, and that was from an article posted in the transfer thread. The other people clearly just don't prefer Gomez for a variety of reasons. Heynckes has benched Gomez, van Gaal benched Gomez (remember, Gomez actually started that 2009 season as the CF and the season didn't turn around until Olic assumed the role in the second half), the entire front office clearly has something against him too as they are openly pursuing replacements. Hell, the front office is almost more unfair than I am; I thought that quote from Kalle saying that Gomez was just being too sensitive about the transfer rumors was completely unfair, and Gomez has every right to be upset.

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you have anything to contribute?

6. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Poldi scoring more than Reus? Where does this happen?

7. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it was Klose who started first that season. Klose sucked and Gomez got a chance. Scored some goals but got injured and Olic took the spot. Things clicked a bit later then and there was simply no reason to change the team again, like it happened with Mandzukic again now, while Gomez was injured.
    Imho Gomez is simply unlucky to be injured at the wrong time twice.

Also I really doubt players at Bayern Munich are going to the FO to buy a player to replace current well playing players. Would be very strange if that would be true.

Fernando_Bayern_BR and Equilibrium repped this.
  8. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Does this have anything to do with

1. We have added 3 more quality players including a 40m guy?
    2. We have had our core players without injury vs Schweini injured for most of last season?
    3. We have a bigger depth this yr vs Last when we had 13 serviceable players. Last yr in many games we cant even make a sub in important game e.g vs Madrid. Compared to this yr when we have Shaq, Robben, Gustavo, Gomez last yr starters as subs
    4. We have Sammer at the back office as against Nerlinger
    5. We were more determined this year due to the failure of last?
    6. We have a defined LB in Alaba which we didnt for 2/3rd of last season
    *7. BvB probably dropping a few notches maybe due to lack of depth, loss of the surprise factor, competing in 3 competitions or diminishing returns.

How do we know if we replace Gomez for Mandy 1 for 1 this season that our results would deteriorate?

9. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In the 2009, first LvG season. Gomez started the first few games scored like 3 in 5 games, got a minor injury then LvG started rotating everyone Lucatoni, Klose, Olic, and Olic worked and we stuck with him.

It was the 2010 season that we started the first 10 games with Klose and had to play Gomez who bailed our season when Klose failed epically.

10. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    It really is amazing how well Klose performs with the National Team considering how poor he was at the end for us. It's baffling, really.

11. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for clarifying that. Should have remembered that the good WC gave Klose the edge that year at first. Also forgot about Luca Toni. Did LvG really give him a chance? Only remember van Gaal lecturing Luca Toni like a little kid.:D

12. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes

Not exactly.

These are factors that have certainly helped Bayern stay in form and maintain their momentum but not an upgrade in their identity.

That is possible. Sammer was certainly responsible in assessing the missing key areas Bayern needed to improve on to take that next step, including acquiring the three new players.

Sure but that pertains to mentality, not tactical identity.

And as I mentioned, the fullbacks now thrive because of a proper CB, CM partner and striker for that setup.

I doubt "results" would deteriorate because Bayern have a lot of great individuals that could beat most teams but would not play with the same synergy. That's important because your tactical identity is your strength and your worst enemy. If restricted, it can't account for the tactical variety it faces in opposition. The more you are restricted, the harder you make it for yourself when you meet an opponent who has figured you out.

There is a certain domino effect players have on one another, especially when they are all so complimentary. Bayern in the past two years were rigid. A large part of their plan was to attack using width. If you take a look at chances created now, it's more spread out. Bayern is less predictable by being able to instigate attacks from various areas of the pitch. In short. Mandzukic drops wide, he drags defenders with him. Ribery, Mueller can now cut inside to exploit space instead of staying wide and crossing or having to try and dribble into center and shoot. Mandzukic drops deep and uses link up play to bring Kroos in as well as wing-forwards. Defensive lines have to come out, leaves more space. Having one more player hustle and stretch space outside box allows the entire Bayern midfield to even attack or in other cases, stay deep and screen, or even retain more calmly.

Having the right pieces for the system simply frees it up and allows it to operate to its potential.

_Amy_ repped this.
  13. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I miss sir man.

That's doesn't mean that Gomez doesn't suck any less however. There is a reason he plays in Asia.

15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's probably our best option at this point. The goal and the interplay that led to it was well done.

16. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Besiktas are on the European side of Istanbul :p

Matakos repped this.
  17. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, could someone clarify whether Turkey's in Asia or Europe for an ignoramus like me? :)

18. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The smaller western part of Turkey is in Europe, the majority (bigger half) is in Asia. Istanbul is separated by the Bosphorus strait, with the west part of the city therefore in Europe (where the Big 3 Turkish clubs are) and the eastern part in Asia.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  19. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia