HELP!!! Calling all Rapids fans!

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by WJMarx, Jan 7, 2013.

1. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't always ignore you. I just ignore certain comments, or rather I choose to not respond to certain aspects of comments because I want to keep the conversation on topic. I am actually quite looking forward to hearing your assessments from the combine.

2. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well what do you expect? You can't spice up a damn thing with a cup of tea!

3. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're grammar is more than acceptable, and your insight is fine. Don't feel threatened. We're all just a bunch of morons who love the sport and talking about the Rapids. Nothing more...nothing less.

Just get yourself engaged. It's more fun for all of us when we have more viewpoints.

22SteveD repped this.
  4. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW - I'd like to thank Marx for starting this thread. Might be my favorite one in the last 6 months. Lots of new folks stopping by to say something. Well done.

5. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad to hear that. I am bold and direct, and thats the way I like it.

6. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no surprise people have strayed away from a forum. As mentioned before, twitter and Facebook have changed the way people interact. I still come on here to read what is going on, but I'll be honest I "reach" more people on twitter than I do here. I tend to have very solid Rapids conversation on twitter (which isn't the case on Facebook). This forum is great though for good conversation as well. As I have met *most* of you.

7. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Twitter and FB versus forums are an interesting discussion. On the one hand, Twitter allows for a broader reach. On the other, 140 characters provides little insight and even less of an ability to provide evidence. We end up with a bunch of "this is happening" type of things with no understanding of if that is an opinion or analysis.

I use all of the mediums mentioned. Twitter for quick bits of info and breaking news, Facebook to hear the funny rants of the dis-enchanted, and the forums/blogs/web-news for deeper pieces of information and analysis.

My hope is that those with good information to share continue to use all mediums for the appropriate avenues so the rest of us can continue to consume information!

rod.

8. WJMarx

WJMarx BigSoccer Supporter

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Teddy:

Welcome back. I am hoping that your difficulties with the Rapids FO has been resolved in your favor. Moreover, you still have lotsa friends at BS. You are missed, join in again often!

9. WJMarx

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rod, you may be the perfect new forum guy. Hoping to hear from you often.

10. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    To all (not Quinn specifically). Frankly, if Quinn were asked to tone it down too much or just leave (doubt it) I'd find this board a whole lot less interesting...and I've found myself in stark disagreement with him. Some people have a great way of using humor, sarcasm (my fav. Mr. Warmth), condescention etc, to make their opinioins known. Plenty of single line posts here that say more than a "well thought out" 3 paragraph diatribe. Most regular posters here have plenty of interesting stuff to say at some point....and often more consistently than not. Though I think this forum could continue to benefit from what Marx is proposing, I see it as already happening. You will never get a single tone/style of commenting on a message board (ie, thoughtful, well constructed, and respectful comments all the time), and I see Rapids BS forum as pretty damn ecclectic with posting styles. So as I said way earlier...keep it up. (And, I never have to wade through too many "me too" posts, there's just not that many).

Quinn 33 repped this.
  11. Virginian

Virginian Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Denver, Co
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your gut is smarter than you think. see the article here http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/12/11/opta-spotlight-why-rivero-key-parejas-4-3-3 where Rivero was one of the best scoring chance creators in the league.

Speak your peace and don't worry about the consequences. I haven't had anyone from the boards show up at my house yet...

Jasonma repped this.
  12. WJMarx

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, where did you say you lived?

13. Couchtoast

Couchtoast Member

May 22, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Signed in just to rep this.

14. Couchtoast

Couchtoast Member

May 22, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This really is a great thread in that a) it has encouraged people to post, and b) it shows that there are lot of interested lurkers (myself included) who probably just needed a little nudge to participate.
    I guess I made somewhat of a New Year's resolution to get more involved in discussing the Rapids in 2013, so I'll try to contribute here more. To be honest, it has actually been pretty easy, as the FO seems to be more active than in past years.

Also, I dont know if I'm going out on a limb here, but I think the Burgundy Wave website is pretty good and have been trying to comment there as much as possible to try and spur the conversation.

And finally, if people are talking Rapids on twitter, I'd love to be a part of the conversation. As of now, my only Rapids related follows are Chris Bianchi and Burgundy Wave. Followed Hinchey for a bit, but as others here have already commented, he posts too much family stuff for my liking. Anyway, follow me at Couchtoast and I'll follow back.

15. Adidas4Life

Adidas4Life Member

May 9, 2005
    WJMarx's question is a poinent one , fo' sho ' .

These boards have kept my interest in the hometown Rapids since 05', the year in which we had that crazy good series with Dallas and a conf final at home. I recall being at this conf final vs the Galaxy and also being quite surprised as to the lack of a solid turnout. It would seem that this trend has followed the Rapids to date ( stadium atmo' namely ) and also to these boards. Now , this is no slight on those who post here often because their content is of good quality with a with a side of snarky humor much like a top rated sitcom .

Over these near 15 yrs I've deserted this forum ( last year ) and followed it daily ( 2010 ). I've also began following another team Dynamo 07' , given their style of play and successes.

Cheers.

16. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    This is the typical Rapids off-season.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

17. Big Chil in Denver

Sep 10, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I count 31 unique posters on this thread. Not my thread, but, welcome to Rapids on BS, everyone!

RapidStorm and 22SteveD repped this.