News: Hell has frozen over. Ives calls for the firing of osorryo and agoof!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by NYCfan, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you really blame him at this point?

By not doing anyting in the middle of the season and writing it off in toto, they have basically slapped the face of anyone who cares about the team itself. I can't think of a better slap in the face to these ********ing bastards than to root for a rival

2. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Osorryo gave him a heads up he was taking off. So the article was uploaded.

3. jbeall

jbeall New Member

Jan 18, 2002
    NJ by way of GA
    Hm, a bit has happened since I last checked this thread.

My point (before things got heated) was that Red Bull will only respond to threats that affect their wallet. What I do in real life may or may not be connected to threats I make in a letter to RB, but RB sure as hell understands the language of the bottom line. Am I bluffing to RB? I don't know.

The Chicago Cubs sucked for years b/c the Tribune Company knew that no matter how poorly the team performed, fans would flock to Wrigley Field. Why shell out money for a good team when games sell out anyway? Which is why a team in one of the biggest markets could lose and lose and lose for years without a single head ever rolling over it.

Whether you're Metro/RB/whatever comes next until the day you die or not, RB has to be convinced that their access to your dollars is contingent upon their ability to put a good product on the field. Viper, you can claim that football is "a way of life," but I assure you that for Red Bull football is a matter of economics. If you want their attention, you need to speak their language.

4. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    You're bluffing. ;)