#HauptmanOut

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by burningfire, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All Hauptman has to do is sit back and watch the money role in while the new kids on the block increase the value of the neighborhood. He does have to get off his ass every once in a while to mow down the weeds in the yard to keep up appearances and get the home owners association off his back.

2. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlanta Shermans

LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could this be something the new events director can get going?

4. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Fire and Atlanta. We'll have to learn an adapted version of "Marching through Georgia" for the matches.

skinut repped this.
  5. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Fortunately, we're already in the game. Andrew has plenty of willingness to spend and smarts to spend wisely. I look forward to attending Fire games by a team owned by Andrew Hauptman III in my old age.
    No. The purpose of the Section 8 Events Director is to put on events to support the Club, not whine about Lobring pointing out the realities of the league and asking for a bit of civility among the fans.

6. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    You should read my signature. ;)

Saeyddthe and loonixxx repped this.
  7. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What is the S8C Chair-elect
    doing as Events Director? Doubling his duties?

bunge repped this.
  8. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

They'll play "The Night Chicago Died" and we'll play "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down."

LocoGueroFutobolista and skinut repped this.
  9. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Again, you repeat untruths only believed by yourself. He has not spent wisely. Otherwise we'd have had a few additional trophies in the case by the Stadium Club.

10. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Poor simple krolpolski, thinking that success on the field is determined by Andrew. Failing to appreciate the world of soccer is an unfair place, sometimes punishing teams that are run well and sometimes rewarding teams that are run poorly.

11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Good to hear.
    1997-2004 or so, we didn't "own" the franchise, but it felt like we were at least partners in the success of the club.

Why didn't the Andrew Hauptman and Fire ever think of that?????
    [that is a rhetorical question, of course
    -hiring a team president is "hard"]

12. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And neither of the two are the Fire.

xtomx repped this.
  13. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Oh no, I appreciate that the world of football can be an unfair place.

I'm also a Manchester United fan who watched essentially the same team that won the Premiership last year get its ass handed to it by relegation-bound teams this season and crash out of each competition it competed in.

Now, if they had retooled and brought in a few more role players (particularly on defense) -- other than the clumsy mop -- would I and millions like me be as dour as the season winds down? Probably not. But the team's leadership didn't make those changes. They didn't spend the money needed.

Our team's leadership has made changes. But has always gone for the cheap and unknown quality type of players. They, too, didn't spend the money needed on the needed players.

And so that's why year, after year, our team is uninspiring, unexciting and uncrowned. For Manchester United, I have no doubt that this one year is an aberation and the ship will be righted by some massive off season spending and we will be at the top of the table again. Well-managed teams are always competitive. A poor show of form can occur occassionally.

And under the present Fire ownership, I have no doubt, the team will continue to underachieve, underperform and underwhelm. Just as it has since it was purchased by Andrew. A poor show of form is a permanent condition when a team is mismanaged.

xtomx repped this.
  14. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #1789 xtomx, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Jesus f'n Christ, stop it.
    He made one statement two years ago this Saturday (April 19, 2012) about "spending" Keane-money and nothing of note since that.

He has not spent wisely. He wasted money on atrocious players and had done nothing to bring in World class players.
    Castillo was a named player, but sucked all sort of ass, and cost over a million dollars for 12 games and no goals.
    MacDonald, Puppo, Fernandez, JLA, etc. etc. are not and have never been worth the money paid for them. They were poor attempts and poor players.
    Rios was a good try, but he did not fill a need for the Fire (DM) and does not appear to be a serious purchase, as only rented him for 9 friggin' games while on loan for over $700,000. Was that showing the "smarts to spend wisely"? Especially, when, for probably half the money, we could have Mila, who wanted to come here and would fill the most glaring need for the Fire the past three years (CAM).

This is just idiotic and does not even need to be dignified with a response.

Please read the "Editorial" again.
    Lobring was not "pointing out the realities of the league and asking for a bit of civility among the fans."
    Just the title of the "Editorial" ("What it means to be a part of the Fire Family") should clue you in that was not what he wrote and not what he intended to write.

To claim he was doing what you claim is revisionist history and intellectual dishonesty at its worst.
    If you would like to go back to debate, please read the thread first. I am happy to break it down again for you, pal.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/the-fire-family.1992761/
    ...but I would prefer not to do so.

15. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    We had done a lot to bring in world class players, we just weren't successful in overcoming the difficulties of the talent market. As for wasting money on players that turned out atrocious, Andrew didn't waste that money, Leon did. Andrew does not decide who the club signs or at most follows the recommendations of his soccer staff. For the soccer decisions that Andrew handled himself like hiring Klopas and Yallop, those are both good coaches.
    CAM has not been a priority for us recently, nor should it have been. At various times we've needed fullbacks, wingers, strikers and center backs, but our #10 role has been filled quite nicely by Mike Magee.

The reason I said "Lobring" instead of "The Editorial" was because Lobring wrote two editorials. The more famous one about fan incivility and an earlier one on the difficulties of signing a big name DP.

16. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Magee a #10 ?

17. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes. He's not a passer in a diamond midfield that some people seem to want, but that is the space he is occupying behind Amerikwa or Anangono with Alex as the #8/box-to-box and Larentowicz as the #6 destroyer.

18. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    no, bad idea.

19. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He got most of those goals last year as a withdrawn striker. Maybe he would have been better as the target with Mila behind him, but I doubt it.

The fact that this seems to come as a surprise to you people should be a good sign as to how far out of your depth you are.

20. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see Magee as a #10. He is a poacher. When he has played a withdrawn striker like much of this year, he is invisible.

xtomx repped this.
  21. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If you're talking to Iron81, please ignore him into non-existence. It's been much nicer around here the last few days with him mostly ignored by everyone.

LIZZIE, Saeyddthe, pena pirata and 5 others repped this.
  22. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks. I finally did it. Big Soccer ignore actually removes the posts. Other ignore functions I have used just leaves an empty post.

LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  23. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, ya know who has also been invisible so far this season? Lobring81. You know what has been very visible? Your responses to him. Please, just iggy him. Thanks :)

24. 4door

4door Member+

Mar 7, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way you speak is pure PR 101. My god has any fan ever put a picture of the owner as his profile pic and said things like 'difficulties of the talent market'. You don't support the Fire you support Andy. Toronto found a solution to that difficult market, its called cash.

What has this guy done so impressive that you defend him on literally every post in every thread? I have never seen someone so devoted to an owner, especially an owner who has won nothing. Do you work for the Fire or Andy? When he sells this company for a big profit and buys another storage container company are you going to go to bigstorage.com, start a profile with Andy standing next to a storage building and talk about his wonderful 'gift' to the storage community?

firefan2001, xtomx and Saeyddthe repped this.
  25. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Done

bunge and LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.