#HauptmanOut

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by burningfire, Aug 7, 2013.

1. thnkucomeagain

thnkucomeagain Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    you can't spell Lobring without L-r-o-n...

2. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Holy ******** have you guys really reduced yourselves to arguing absolutism?

I thought the position of contrarian contextualization was my job! :(

Chris M. and milicz repped this.
  3. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Bigsoccer is a rabbit hole.

Saeyddthe repped this.
  4. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    It beats the reality of our situation.

Chris M. and xtomx repped this.
  5. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    I know, the Fire keep propping this up as a glowing example of how much Hauptman is investing in the club and people on here are obviously lapping it up because it keeps getting repeated here as well.

I feel obligated to continue to point out the major difference. I should just give up and join Lron. I'd probably enjoy life more if I thought the Fire was rocketing to the top right now.

6. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I've often thought life would be easier if I were stupid.

7. Jdgedwill

Jdgedwill Member+

Jun 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to say the same thing. I don't know if he requested it be written and I don't really care. Endorsing the editorial was bad enough.

8. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Lobring = Iron81 = Lobring81

Chris M. repped this.
  9. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

10. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    An Easter Rabbit?

I think it's 1o8ring B=8

11. Seaside

Seaside Member

Oct 28, 2009
    It's four months out but I'm already interested in seeing if media mark the one year anniversary if the editorial?

Will S8C do some type of Tifo display?

Given that it still resonates in this way, I'd hope that we don't simply brush over the anniversary. It was a significantly negative moment in this club's history and nothing has been done on the FO side... No one fired, no one has apologized and I'm assuming it will still be up for public view on the Fire site come August.

God I hope we win a game soon.

12. HeyFireGO

HeyFireGO Member+

May 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I plan to take a big taco bell crap on the editorial to mark the anniversary.

13. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I would like to see a re-emphasis on the charter, specifically in the context of the editorial and its greater impact on the image and perception of our club. The editorial was and still is an embarrassment.

14. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just had beer brats for dinner and am in need of some TP (toilet paper, not Toyota Park, although I feel the need for TP when I enter TP lately). Might have something to do with the sight of those hideous home jerseys.

HeyFireGO repped this.
  15. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #HauptmanOut

Detlef and loonixxx repped this.
  16. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Actually, and depressingly, it has been 8 months.
    The "Editorial" was published on August 21, 2013.

17. ChicagoSoccerConversation

Mar 30, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago
    so we are four months out. It is time start planning because it is four months away

18. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Got it, four months out from the anniversary. I was reading that we were four months out from the original publication. Thanks.

What is the proper present for a first anniversary? It is "traditionally" supposed to be paper.
    Paper bags with Dan Lobring's picture?
    Cardboard cut outs of Andrew Hauptman standing in front of the sign (that so many have used as their avatar)?

19. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I'm sure your Section 8 Chairman will get right on that protest planning.

bunge and loonixxx repped this.
  20. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Good luck with your owner.

The hardened NFL Owner of the Atlanta Falcons actually got choked up at the team announcement yesterday and had this to say:

"Sorry for the emotion, but I'm not," he continued. "Because that's what soccer is. A lot of emotion."

"This franchise … will be owned by the fans," Blank said. "It's to create a unique opportunity for you our fans, our owners, to feel that ownership and to help drive that uniqueness that soccer presents. So much of the uniqueness of soccer both in the US and worldwide depends on the local fans and how they feel … And I promise you we'll do that and do it forever."

And he made it clear the MLS club will have its own dedicated soccer staff aside from some "crossover [with the Falcons] in terms of some backroom operational stuff." The first MLS hire will be a team president and he will be given all the resources allowable to put a winning product on the field.

"I've been an NFL owner since 2002 and we have been at the salary cap [maximum] all of those years," he said. "So I promise you that whatever resources it's going to take to give us the winning tradition, not only on the field but off the field, you have that commitment from me."

Man City Sheiks, David Beckham and his billionaire Colombian partner, Arthur Blank, Orlando, Seattle, NYRB, Uncle Phil, together with well run clubs in KC and Salt Lake. It is truly a Brave New World, and y'all are ********ed. In the not too distant future, the concept of "Keane-like money" will be a quaint reference to the past.

21. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    They really should call that team the Georgia Howl.

22. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Certainly seems so, at least in the near future. Andi is either going to have to figure out a way to get in the game (more resources and the willingness to spend) or take his profit & sell the club. At this point, I'd bet on the latter.

xtomx repped this.
  23. HeyFireGO

HeyFireGO Member+

May 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Atlanta Bumholes

bunge repped this.
  24. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  25. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Andi's getting a good return (which seems like his name of the game), but if he doesn't plow it (and more) back into the Fire, the club's gonna get buried. 'Cause the new kids (NYC, Miami, ATL, et al) aren't playing. And neither are a significant portion of current clubs.

xtomx repped this.