Harrisburg Heat

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by wlamar3, Sep 26, 2012.

1. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Let's hope he isn't busy fishing the ball out of the back of the nets...

2. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Wow with that roster coupled with the fact they are playing in a 2500 seat barn... in front of family and friends.. I won't be making the trip north up 83 any time soon.

Maybe when the Sockers come to town

My money is the dance team is the first to go (when the inevitable cost cutting starts)

then Grimaldi... hope he is a Volunteer

3. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Can we PLEASE persuade the PA Legislature to change the name of the EQUINE ARENA? Anything would be better: John Deere Center, Richard Chinapoo Dome, Bob Lilley Pavilion, Franklin McIntosh Garden, Niki Nikolic Memorial Coliseum...

(True story: The owner of the Heat's predecessor, the Hershey Impact, once had his secretary call the league office to advise that Dr. Samples would not be available to participate in a league conference call... why? He was preoccupied birthing a calf... I guess he didn't have a speaker phone!)

4. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
  5. wlamar3

wlamar3 Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Harrisburg
    Final Score Dallas Sidekicks 6 Harrisburg Heat 2

It doesn't matter that the Heat lost, what matters is THEY ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!

6. BillShakes

BillShakes Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    balthrop and bbwavefan repped this.
  7. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    98 pct capacity...I took three people who have NEVER seen indoor and they they loved it...Know what 2 of them said? I bet this is only almost full because of the old timers here...they will drop 25 pct going forward. I told them, well then you need to come back!

8. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ohio and phoenix had great attendance too...
    anaheim?

shame

9. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Everyone I talked to was excited after the game. Someone said it was the largest drop count attendance they've ever had for a sporting event at that arena.

A lot of people who were on the fence about the team told Jim Tolbert they were going to commit to season tickets now.

Even if they drop 25% they would still average over 4,000 which would be way ahead of what they budgeted for.

10. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Anyone who manages to get ANY buzz at all will draw for Home Game #1 (Sidekicks fans have had HOW LONG to recruit their friends?)...

The telling tale in the history of indoor soccer: What will they draw for Games 2 & 3...
    (Hint: This is where Kenn works his magic, crunches some numbers and illustrates my point.)

Blastnut2 and Joey Tee repped this.
  11. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    You make a compelling point, the longevity of any team is based not on how many really engaged fans can dragoon groups of nine friends to go with them to a single game, but how many single families and couples will return to see games against teams with less recognizable nicknames than the Harrisburg Heat. All of that said, a very impressive first night and significantly more in attendance than the team hoisting the championship banner. A good chance that it could be more for the home opener than either team hoisting a banner this fall. Good job Sidekicks and fans.