GW 20

Discussion in 'MLS: Fantasy' started by dark knight, Jul 12, 2013.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Moves? Plans?

Don't forget I think it starts tonite.

2. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out with Di Vaio & Bernier (Montreal) which have a tougher schedule than the past 3-4 GW's during which they struggled, and in with Bieier (KC) and Le Toux (Philly) who have REALLY nice home games this GW and not a bad schedule the following 3-4 GW's.

3. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    LeToux is a nice pick-up especially with Jack Mac gone.

I brought in Sanvezzo and Olave for Higuain and Klute.

Didn't like dumping Higuain but the rest of my players with blanks aren't worth anything.

4. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've had my eye on Higuain and, if I can afford him, planned to pick him up after the Crew's bye week when he would have lost some value. I have noticed that he's dropped some this GW, but have not noticed exactly how much. Hopefully I can afford him because he's a player that I'd like on my team for the long run.

5. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dropped Marco Di Vaio and Patrice Bernier as I was disappointed with them the past two weeks and agree the upcoming schedule is getting tougher.

Also added Le Toux and Diego Fagundez, leaving some extra cash to play with next week.

Capped Zusi with Caparoo Camilo . .

6. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm a little wary of Zusi since he's been quiet lately so of course he'll probably blow up.

7. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    I like the Le Toux and Fagunez add. Basically, adding Philly & NE players, which have favorable games the next few GW's, is a smart strategy.

8. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    Zusi should be one of the top 3-5 point earners by the end of the season. Therefore, barring additional international duty or injury, he should be one that is on most everyone's teams.

9. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    In other words - zero differential and annoying.

10. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Annoying. However, if managers trying to keep up with the "Joneses" don't put the highest pt. earners on their teams, they will lose ground to those that do. In the end, I think the strategy is three-fold:

1.) Try to choose as many of the players you think will be the highest pt. earners by the end of the season (many times they are the players that many others are picking, but not always). That means that, of 11 starters, 6-8 are the same as many others' who are also picking the big guns (if they can afford them).

2.) Try to find the few differentials that you think will outscore the middle/bottom of the roster of your opponents. These would be the 3-5 players, the smaller percentage of your starters, who make up the bottom of your starting line-up, your differentials. That makes it that much more important to choose the right differentials because that's one area in which one can close the gap (or, unfortunately, widen it with poor choices).

3.) Choose your captain wisely.

dark knight repped this.