GW 15 - The Crazy Bye Week

Discussion in 'MLS: Fantasy' started by dark knight, Jun 3, 2013.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Moves y'all making? Hanging on to KC and Red Bull assets? Field a team?

I dumped Zusi last week and lost a lot of profit - but 3 weeks without a game was too much.

So far I've made one FT and still have 1 hole on my team with zero bench so I'll probably make 2 more transfers this week. I currently have $4 in the bank so I can bring in a heavy hitter I hope.

2. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I am going with 10 men. I made my three transfers to bolster the starting lineup and really replaced bench assets for like bench assets. So the structure of my team has not changed but my bench is available this week.

3. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    That mean you have to leave heavy hitters on your bench? Are they back next week?

4. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Of course. I have three heavy hitters on the bench. But, I figure most people are in the same boat as you can only make three transfers free. It isn't worth dropping a heavy hitter, paying 4 points, and hoping their replacement gets you at least five. Of course two of my top 4 point getters are playing.

5. StuTheriot

StuTheriot Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Indiana
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I picked up Javi Morales when I dumped Zusi two weeks ago. Had to use all three transfers for short term replacements while keeping my high value guys who are on a bye on the bench. Hopefully I can pick Zusi back up (and a little more devalued) when I plan to use my wildcard in week 17.

6. odave

odave Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I had all my moves penciled in for a couple weeks, and after making them last night I realized that I have to play a 3-5-2 with no bench. I could take a -4 and bring in a defender, but I don't think there are any available I can bring in that will make up the -4. And I get the feeling that not taking a points hit will be an advantage this week, so I'm going to let it ride...

7. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Yeah - in the PL, you rarely want to take a hit for a defender unless he has a double, but in MLS I might think a little bit longer if it's a defender like Collin who seems to score most weeks even if he doesn't get a clean sheet or a goal. But yeah, not taking a hit is probably the best choice.

8. TheRustyEunuch

Oct 16, 2007
    Medellín
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I have used my transfers and still only have 9 players that will play this week. I think there will be plenty of people without full lineups so I dont think i will take the point drop to bring in one or two extra. I have taken a point drop twice this season and neither time it has worked out. It has cost me 6 points and in the top 300 6 points moves you quite a bit.

9. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    I've been working on this for a few weeks and was lucky to be able to field 11 + 1 sub (plus hiding 2 big hitters on my bench). Fortunately, I had the sub because Williams did not play (so I'll have Sarvas coming in from the bench and picking up minutes). I'm working on making sure I have 11 + 1 available bench player for the next couple of GW's as well. Tricky stuff!

dark knight repped this.