Gunning for The Double - 4th Place and the FA Cup - The Other Teams' Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The end is near, Moyes.

[​IMG]

Soon...

[​IMG]

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FFS Cris :mad:

I've just spent ten minutes examining that top picture in the most minute detail, (alhough not detailed enough as it turned out), looking at player positions, his stance and everything else... BEFORE scrolling down and seeing the picture below :mad:

NOT funny dude.... NOT funny! :mad:

:D

JediSoccer and Cris 09 repped this.
  3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

mshankb repped this.
  4. Holofernes the pedant

Sep 20, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It's Sita all over again.

5. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Nah not really... the other penalty shout was a cross that then got blasted at Evans from less than a yard away as he was sliding to the round to get to it. It it him in the armpit, his arm was below his shoulder and if he hypothetically did not have an arm, it would have it him on the shoulder/armpit all the same.

6. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    :p

he just bothers me at times in that he does not even acknowledge the incident. Wave the damn thing off if he does not think it is the case but I think Everton had two half shouts for a pen before he finally made up his mind.

also being perfectly honest I still have not forgiven him for his debacle at the Bridge a couple of season back

7. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Was there another? I honestly cant remember one outside of Evans (definite non pen) and Jones (definite pen).

I do think he comes over as a kind of shitty person, but he is a pretty solid ref imo.

8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    the one where the ball rolled down the arm of Smalling

soft but it could have been given imo

I think the fact that he is a shitty person makes him a shitty ref at times

9. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    To give credit, Arsenal looks a different team with Ramsey back.

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I've seen the Evans one and there's no WAY that's a pen but the Jones one was a decent save. Y'know, if he'd been a keeper I mean :eek: :D

Having now seen the game, (well, highlights anyway), it looks to me like he's lost some of the dressing room. Either that or they've just become completely tactically inept since last season.

11. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sad day for you lads...it sounds like hes gone...finally...

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who's gone where?

What am I missing... again? :(

13. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Moyes....Get on twitter old man....:laugh:

14. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Overjoyed. Its like xmas. Cant stop smiling...

All over numerous media channels...club not denying

15. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Yeah, Jones' one was unquestionably a penalty. Not sure what he was thinking, but then again I rarely am...

It has seemed to be the case for a while now, which is what happens when you spend 30mn+ in an AM/#10 and slap him on the wing (same for Kagawa), or boast of 80something crosses after the farce that was the Fulham game, and fall out with star players like RSVP and legends of the club like Giggs (despite his being way past it) while overhauling a proven quality coaching set up to install your own significantly worse bunch, play scared against lower table teams, talk about how you hope to one day be as good as your cross city rivals after being humiliated by them playing at half pace in a crucial game, and on and on... at times it has genuinely seemed like he has been trying to wind fans up with his comments. Oh, and alienating several players to accommodate one player who while pretty good is worth nowhere near 300k a week, and who I would not be surprised to hear has input into team selection. He has been spineless, clueless and completely devoid of ambition... basically everything Ferguson wasn't.

I'm also sick of the endless blame of the players and the players aline by pundits and such. Don't get me wrong, we don't have a very good squad and hope we avoid the Europa so we can shed as much dead weight as possible this summer... But with an almost identical squad, Ferguson (hardly a tactical genius for all his other strengths) got 89 points each of the last 2 seasons. That would have likely been enough to win the league this year. We are now on 57 with a max of 69. The very, very best we can do is 20 points worse off with the same squad.

News is running around now that he is getting the sack imminently though. I'm praying it happens asap, as in before transfer requests begin flooding in. The Olympiakos win and Bayern performance (until, as per usual, we got a lead and shat the bed) were disastrous in that regard I'm, I genuinely think/thought that had thrown him a lifeline into next season. Let Giggs or an experienced coach take over for the last 4 games (eg. Someone under no illusions of being manager next year, just write the games off) and please Please PLEASE throw everything in the world at Klopp!

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  16. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    Hope Louis van Gaal comes in to replace him after the World Cup

17. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    NO....right?

18. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Why on earth would you want a competent coach to take over after Moyes?!?!?

19. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Surprised to see it happen so soon just because he was Ferguson/Charlton's choice, but it obviously makes sense.

Big decision now in terms of a replacement though. Quite a bit a damage to be undone. Personally I'd nominate the resurgent Tony Pulis. Hardworking, honest, British. Everything you'd want, really.

20. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    Would love to see how most journos would handle him.

21. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think they will get Klopp. They may get a short term solution like Van Gaal.

But I hope United come and refute it with a picture of a smiling Moyes :D

The Cold Sea repped this.
  22. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    a tad surprised as I thought he would end the season but I am curious as to how much the success of their most hated rivals this season has played into this decision as well

the results were certainly a factor as was the application, or lack thereof, of tactics

I also wonder where the journos are now with there "but Sir Alex had a tough first season and they stuck by him" lark

23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Burley Promoted

congrats to them

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  24. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Moyes can't be gone! C'mon, MU, you know Fergie had a rough few years at first. Give Moyes years! He needs years! Moyes more years! Moyes more years!