Gunning for The Double - 4th Place and the FA Cup - The Other Teams' Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    This Liverpool wankfest is getting beyond a joke -Lion of Liverpool Gerrard? I think their team has transformed into something great to watch and deserve the league this year , but this underlying bullsh*t in the English media is sickening

BluePict repped this.
  2. drjman

drjman Member+

Jul 28, 2010
    Southern California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    the majority of the pundits and hacks have been backed up with 25 years of semen and have been waiting for this wankfest

addicted2chelsea repped this.
  4. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Isnt this the same guy that put in a transfer request in 2004 to join the Blues?

fernb8 repped this.
  5. drjman

drjman Member+

Jul 28, 2010
    Southern California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naughtius Maximus and fernb8 repped this.
  6. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Whenever I feel down , I think think about Utd and think about how much worse it could be.

fernb8 repped this.
  7. drjman

drjman Member+

Jul 28, 2010
    Southern California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its much easier being total shit than actually having a chance and losing that.

8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    or Spurs

we may have pissed away 50 mil on a misfit Torres

but they have pissed away much more

or we could always think of Leeds and smile

9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  10. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  11. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Norwich 0 - Liverpool 2 (Sterling 4 , Suarez 11)

12. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is just the beginning. . .We are now going to realise just how Sick the media is . . .Liverpool are scum. [I may have mentioned this before? maybe?]. The Liverpool fans are truly - granny stabbing - hubcap stealing - scum. Go to Liverpool - go see them in their natural habitats. Sick. Vermin. Filth. By not winning the title Chelsea and Man City have allowed a dark and evil force into the world. It may well be the end of football. Allowing this scum to win the title is a living nightmare. . . The dark days are upon us. This is the end. . .

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And that rather summed it up, didn't it... guy beats a fella up and gets away with it DESPITE it being on film. Captain of Liverpool, tried in a court in Liverpool with a jury from Liverpool... Hmm... let me think... how does this work??? :rolleyes:

Nah, tbh, I haven't got a problem with him. He's a very good player, (although not as good as he's made out to be), but it's the sort of crap we have to put up with from the 'meeja' and, more particularly in the past few months, from the referees. That has been pretty diabolical, tbh.

14. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I actually would say that he is a very good player and one of the more skillful English players in recent times but I will not revise history as the media are currently doing. Lets look at a couple of key points with the current media narrative

1. Gerrard is a true Liverpool fan and player and would never steer from the course of being a red. Um is that why he tried to engineer a move away and a pay raise to us? Again he stayed with them and now seems to be reaping the rewards but lets not pretend he was always focused on just being a Liverpool player.

2. Gerrard is squeaky clean and is an example for young footballers. Um again didn't he have a court case where he admitted punching the DJ. He was acquitted and should be considered innocent but then again how many other footballers have been acquitted, including a certain Chelsea captain, but are still tried as guilty in the press?

3. Gerrard would never cheat or attempt to get other players sent off as Terry recently did. Um isn't Gerrard pretty well known for his Captain Starfish antics and those dives have led to bookings, sending offs, incorrect free kicks and unjust penalties?

Not that I would expect it but lets at least try showing an ounce of fairness and unbias in the situation.

15. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    at least Norwich put up some sort of fight

and Arsenal are smashing Hull atm

in other news

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27095993

I found this interesting. Of all of their current players I would have expected Welbeck to be one of the last looking for a move.

16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, good luck with that...

As you say, it's the one-eyed thing that's particularly annoying. Even in that article it says he's been loyal to Liverpool and it THEN says his old man TOLD him he had to stay. WTF???

17. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Never thought Welbeck was Utd quality but that was before and they were a CL team. Now the team fell to his level but they have saddled themselves with Rooney so I can see wantinng more playing team elsewhere.

Lukaku is being played on the wings again and another striker is preferred centrally. Maybe AVB really was a genius........

18. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    pretty interesting to see how Martinez is using him in the wide role

drifting in and then staying wide to allow Naismith to play almost as a deep #9

I believe pete said a while ago that during his tenure with us that AVB was playing chess while others where playing checkers but it seems that Martinez is Kasparov while AVB is playing fiddlesticks

19. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Arlo White does like leaving the boot in doesn't he

twat

20. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Clattenburg slowly filling the Howard Webb void

21. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Too good to be shunted out wide. Has a lot of the tools to be a very good striker, but the areas where he lacks aren't going to be improved by doing a job on the left hand side.

If we didn't have Lukaku and Welbeck was on the market, I wouldn't mind seeing him here. Obviously the biggest knock is his finishing, particularly when he has time to think about it, but his pace/link-up play would be really useful in our set-up.

22. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    By giving just one penalty against us instead of 3 today? :p

Not bothered mind, I am hoping we finish out the season wit a pile of 7 goal losses.

23. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Its official. We sold Mata to one of our rivals.

fernb8, Cris 09 and billyireland repped this.
  24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I didn't see it... could the toffees have had more pens?

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sooooooo, every able-bodied male between the ages of 16 and 30 now rumored to be heading to Manchester United...

To be played out of their natural position.