Guillermo Ochoa at AC Ajaccio

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by jrinsd19, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgJyt2A1bPo"]YouTube - ‪Entre Redes - Conoce Ajaccio, el nuevo hogar de Guillermo Ochoa (04-07-2011)‬‏[/ame]

2. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
  3. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dude...the singer was just a reference...doesnt say shit about them having any sort of relationship....

:confused:

4. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Well that is a good thing and lets keep it that way I hate when the Mexican media try to do stuff like this and try to make it into a novela

5. aztlanaguila831

aztlanaguila831 Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    The Bay, Sinaloa and GTO
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thats what the level of their intelligence dictates them to do, and unfortunately this is the common mindset and subject of interest that our general populace has as well. smh

1 person likes this.
  6. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    i know what you're trying to say, but why did you use didier drogba as an example?

he had spent a lot of time in france before playing for le mans.

either way, hopefully language and culture aren't that big of an issue.

7. aztlanaguila831

aztlanaguila831 Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    The Bay, Sinaloa and GTO
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I used Dider as an example since although he was quite young, he must have seen how Cote d'Ivoire and France are completely opposite countries and to illustrate how many successful footballers had to a adjust to a totally different world from what they were used to.

8. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    he adjusted to it as a kid though, not a soon to be 26 year old adult, so comparing his adjustment to ochoa's isn't very accurate.

songo'o and nkono would make better comparisons.

1 person likes this.
  9. ar2ro

ar2ro Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Shanghai, China
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it's not that hard... especially between europe and mexico-- it's not too different. in many ways the us is more difficult to adjust to than most of europe yet theere are millions of mexicans in the us doing alright. i moved to china at the age of 30 and had few problems :cool:

10. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    not to mention that the Ivory Coast is a french speaking country.

11. DestnationUnkwn

DestnationUnkwn New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Corican is the official language. French is spoken although it is not the native language of the majority of the people of Corsica. Beautiful women there, Laetitia Casta is Corsican.

12. chiva_guero

chiva_guero BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 4, 2007
    Mexico NSR
  13. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

Guillermo Ochoa signed for three years with Ajaccio in France. The goalkeeper of the Mexican became the most expensive player in the French club, although exact figures were revealed of his contract. " It was confirmed that the most expensive player of the club, which has only one budget of 16 million euros. The contract between the French club and the goalkeeper was sent by mail to the French Football Federation for approval, so start managing work permits for Mexicans , " noted the daily Reforma. The former goalkeeper of the Eagles thanked all his fans who always supported the azulcrema colors. "The team that will always bring them under the shirt of America." " I am happy, I know I'm going to go well and I will work for me too . " Seeking new targets Ochoa began her trip to Europe, but America will never be forgotten and promised that "the team, it will always turn on the jersey of America," said Televisa. Ochoa thanked the men as "Emilio (Azcarraga) for the unconditional support through good and bad, Michel (Bauer) because he was always helping me and of course the people of the club is my home." He also promised that when he returned to Mexico to return to wear the colors of the Eagles because for him there is another team if the team is about to leave in the hands of predicting Navarrete would you go "well, it will be very good form.

14. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I think this is a very important signing in the history of mexican soccer. Sure, Ochoa is the first mexican goalie to play in europe, but i place the importance of this signing to how it will demonstrate to mexican players that it is ok not going to big clubs, and thus, making it easier for mexicans de media tabla to go to el estranjero.

15. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1st in top division in a top league!

There are some in lower divisions and 1 that played in the Armenian league. I also remember some dude in Rumania, but not sure.

17. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Glad that everything worked out for him and its good that he in a team like Ajaccio in comparison to a bigger team where he would have more pressure and where he might be benched, while in AJaccio he has the same possibilities of starting as the other GK

18. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This club will put his feet back on the ground.

19. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    This.

20. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    One of the things I'm hoping for is that his level dropped because he was not challenged anymore at America. Did you notice when he beat out 2 (iirc) keepers for the starting spot he was playing excellent. It was no secret he wanted to get out, so maybe he wasn't happy anymore. More importantly I think this new challenge will bring back the old Memo.

21. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    That wasnt it. He got complacent and it all got to his head, thus stopped hustling. It had nothing to do with being in America but him loosing his footing in the machine.

22. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I thought I already subscribed to this, but I guess not.

23. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Um what exact proof do you have of anything going to his head?

24. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well our statements are pretty similar. You say he got complacent and I say he needs to be challenged. Its one in the same IMO.

Also I remember his form dropped after that blunder in Torreon, where people started chanting "Oswaldo". Seems like that made him lose confidence.

25. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I say he is not challenged enough, which is not the same as him getting complacent, and him needing to be challenged.:D