Guillermo Ochoa at AC Ajaccio

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by jrinsd19, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Se le escapo una al wey ahi....:D

Wish the guy the very best, I really do. :)

2. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i saw that too lol

3. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Subs for wishing Memo the best :)

4. Robles08

Robles08 New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    LEXINGTON ST.
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i jizzed all over my self wen i saw dat vid

1 person likes this.
  5. Blue_Demon

Blue_Demon Member+

Aug 20, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Don't know much about French football, so there may be some hidden gems on the roster but it looks like it's gonna be rough for Ochoa. Except for four guys with international experience (playing for Mali, Congo, Algeria and the U-20 French team), Memo is the one with the highest level experience on that roster, heck he might be the best player on that team. Not only that, but I doubt any of these guys have sponsors, commercials, etc.

6. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Vamos Paco Memo!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8JscSZFqGs"]YouTube - ‪Contracrónica: Guillermo Ochoa‬‏[/ame]

7. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Even as a Chivas fan, I wish Memo the best of success overseas. Mexico first and foremost and since he is Mexican, I hope for the best for him.

1 person likes this.
  8. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Wow, its like seeing your son or relative out in some sort of European adventure. He's all alone in the squad, no Spanish speakers.

I saw that go in. I chuckled. Good luck Memo.

9. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    looks like el llano there. Damn!!! Good luck to Ochoa.

Haz Croissant.

2 people repped this.
  10. ArsenalTitan

ArsenalTitan Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Highbury, London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ags09, I'm checking my history, and of all the historic mexican goalkeepers, the Great Antonio Carbajal only played for the old Real Club Espana, and Club Leon of the Mexican 1st Division back then, Ignacio Calderon played for all 3 Guadalajara Clubs, Pablo Larios, Conejo Perez, and Oswaldo Sanchez, have only played in mexico, so who is the first Mexican Goalkeeper to play in Europe if not 8a? we sent to europe every position except GK as far as i know.

ESPN, Fox Sports have both said memo is the first Mex. GK to play in Europe. but i'm not going to debate it, if you say i'm wrong, please prove it.

11. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cant remember his name...im sure someone here can find it..

mexican guy played in the Armenian 1st division and played the qualifying stages in Champions league.

12. ezyM

ezyM Member

Jun 16, 2005
  13. ArsenalTitan

ArsenalTitan Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Highbury, London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm not going to put down Sergio Ramirez in fact, his name is on the Wikipedia, kudos to him for being the first, however, Armenia geographically is West Central Asia, they play in the UEFA cup competition due to being part of the old Sovet Union, but i'll correct myself in saying Memo is the first to play as goalkeeper in W. Europe, still an achievement. I do wish him alot of luck in france, in Ajaccio, regional pronounciation phonetically (Ah-jack-key-o)

14. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    The first words that came out of Memo's mouth were "como se dice home depot en frances?" after seeing their training facilities.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OekDHb_-YGE&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Premier entrainement d'Ochoa à l'AC Ajaccio‬‏[/ame]

4 people repped this.
  15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1st Division yes, but I do believe there is at least 1 Mexican goal keeper in Spanish 3rd or 4th division.

Now I do believe there is a Mexican female footballer playing in Spanish 1st level.

16. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i hope the language barrier does not prove to be an issue

17. aztlanaguila831

aztlanaguila831 Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    The Bay, Sinaloa and GTO
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There's dudes who come from places in Africa, in Eastern Europe and Latin America to some of Europe's better leagues and have to adjust to language, climate, culture and the general way of life that is totally foreign to anything they have ever seen, such as Didier Drogba, and have flourished. Where they have come from are places that are in much more poverty and with less technological access than Mexico. I am just so tired of hearing how our guys are having a difficult time adjusting to Europe, as if it they were heading to Mars. Besides, there is a very significant Spanish speaking population in France. I'm sure they have that aspect covered for Memo. All he needs to do is meterle webo, no hay mas. However, if he can learn basic French, which is not too hard for a Spanish speaker, that would benefit him greatly.

18. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I don't think it will. French is not very difficult to learn, and it's not like the guy is grotesquely stupid. I hope.:D

19. JUAN-XAVIER

JUAN-XAVIER Member

Jul 23, 2009
    TEXAS
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  20. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I know for a fact Memo speaks and understands English reasonably well, and a lot of French people speak some English. This will definitely help. But French is not a difficult language to learn for someone who speaks Spanish, at least in my experience. To me French seemed easy because a lot of the words looked in one way or the other similar to words in Spanish.

21. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Well I wish memo well in the youtube vid it looks like they are gonna work hm hard in drills and such which is good so when he plays for Mexico he will be faster in reflexes and be able to handle almost any ball that comes his way.

22. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    First game of the season is August 6, vs Toulouse. Get your popcorn ready. :cool:

23. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah for the Women's Atletico de Madrid or something. should've sent her to the Women's World cup instead of that 16 year old. :mad:

24. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    its mostly the conjugation that really helps. The rules for things like verbs are the same in spanish which is a big help.

25. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Malaga not Atletico and she was at the WC