Guatemalans Playing Abroad

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Lately more guatemalans have been play Abroad here is few that might make that transition

luis Swisher : Currently in a week trail In poland 1st ,Impressing and might sign to a european club

dwight: In talks with clubs in chile and scotland

Freddy Garcia: Has fixed problems with us immigrations w/his attorrney
    and eligble to travel abroad, Currently Colorado Rapids are very interersted and are trying to negotiate a possible future with him..

Gustavo Cabrera: RSL ,Impressed in his trail, passed Health test, and will be negotiating in the summer time

this could be a good thing for Guatemala National team. 7 poss internationals at once playing abroad maybe even making a larger talent pool for friendlies and Nt call ups

2. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Luis arturo swisher salguero could be signed by Polonia Varsovia of poland Premire league , they have show there interest in signing the Suchitepequez defender, after impressing in 14 day trail with the squad , he is the only spanish speaking player, and no else speak english aswell,

here is the link :

http://www.lared.com.gt/internaCont.asp?id_cat=216&idc=36863

I believe he can sign when the International transfer window opens either mid august or the begining of august, that would making him the 4th player play abroad currently for Guatemala, not official but the team wants to sign him, its up luis arturo.. if he wants to go to europe or back to suchi.

3. Skurwiel007

Skurwiel007 Member

Jun 12, 2004
    Luis Arturo Swisher Salguero yesterday signed one year deal and will be playing for Polonia Warsaw. :D

4. guategol

guategol New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    vancouver
    now thats nice.cabrera also signed already for RSL so thats also nice.whos next?

5. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    cool ..this is nice to know :D

6. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Pezzarossi made it clear he will not dress in white this season coming up

Municpal is his last resorst if playing abroad doesn't work out.

but as far as player playing abroad he is next.

i think Cabrera is not officialy part of RSL/ plus after that suck @ss GC he should stay in GNL

Luis swisher was the 1 of the 3 players that polonia Warsaw signed :D
    he was one of the most consistent defenders in The GNL,not suprise they signed him, much better true defender than Cabrera

does anyone no about that 19 yr old kid from Municpal sub-20 that went on trail for Flamengo of Brazil if he made it or will be eligble to play the Municipal 1st team

7. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    FYI: Carlos Ruiz Contract with MLS is finish at the end of the year.

either they Resign a league max or a expectable Wage for him or Ruiz Most likely will play out his Contract and will join a european Team during the Jan 06 Transfer window

Team Interested in Fishy:

Club Deportivo Tenerife (Spain) segunda Div

8. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fish will stay in the MLS...im pretty sure their is a team that will offer him something close to the max.

9. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    speaking of Pescadito, is he still awol from Dallas?

10. Skurwiel007

Skurwiel007 Member

Jun 12, 2004
    His first game for Polonia Warsaw in polish first division :D

Lech Poznań - Polonia Warsaw 1:2 (0:1): Zakrzewski (75.) - Dźwigała (25.), Arifović (73.)

LECH: Kotorowski - Czarnecki (41. Marciniak Ż, 67. Buzała), Kuś Ż, Mowlik (64. Wachowicz), Telichowski - Iwan, Scherfchen, Świerczewski, Sasin - Zakrzewski Ż, Gajtkowski.

POLONIA: Kieszek - Moryc, Jarczyk, Markowski, Swisher - Gołaszewski, Dźwigała, Paulewicz Ż (82. Król), Bąk Ż (89. Szymanek), Cichon Ż (90. Głowacki) - Arifović.

Att: 8,000

11. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    same attendace a Suchi game would get any way..8,000. good for him he will make his ways back to the guatemala camp, and organize that back that cabrerea is making a mockery of . we will get our resepect back with our full squad at home v panama

12. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    http://www.pcgol.com/Data/varios2261.htm
    a pic of luis swisher playing the debut game as a starter he wears #13
    he is a starter on a european team, that spretty good. I hope primi calls him up cabrera and melgar are stinking it up

from what i seen from the polish liga 1 it a faster, more physical mexican league, they move the ball at the european level. will keep swisher on his toes

13. Skurwiel007

Skurwiel007 Member

Jun 12, 2004
    You are wrong!Polish league is not better than mexican league.Swisher plays for weak team Polonia.Don't be worry about him.He will be fine there.Polonia has financial problem and polish soccer clubs are only average in Europe.They have big problem to qualify for european clubs tournaments.It's good for guatemalan national team that Swisher plays there because it's a little bit different soccer than he allways played in Guatemala.

14. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    so is it safe to say that polish league is about the same level as MLS / didnt say it was better just said players looked faster and stronger and moved the ball at a euro speed. Mfl is much better tactically and creating scoring situation . this assement just comes from that America V some polish team game i saw and how they approached the game was about the same as a Mexican team

15. Skurwiel007

Skurwiel007 Member

Jun 12, 2004
    Polish league is about the same level as MLS.They have 16 teams MLS has 12.
    You just saw one polish team and I think the best right now,so this means nothing.Polish league is average in Europe that's all.Have you seen Chicago Fire v. AC Milan game?

16. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    no didn't catch it.

17. Skurwiel007

Skurwiel007 Member

Jun 12, 2004
    Swisher played second game for Polonia Warsaw. :D

Polonia Warsaw - Wisła Płock 0:1 (0:1)
    Scoring Summary: Ireneusz Jeleń (14).
    Misconduct Summary: Sławomir Jarczyk i Ensar Arifovic (Polonia), Marko Colaković (Wisła).

Polonia: Kieszek - Moryc, Markowski, Jarczyk, Swisher - Gołaszewski, Dźwigała, Bąk (72-Stokowiec), Cichon (67-Głowacki) - Paulewicz (56-Król), Arifovic.

Wisła Płock: Wierzchowski - Żivković, Belada, Peković, Colaković (56-Kazimierczak) - Gevorgyan ( 63-Vujović ), Rachwał, Gęsior, Dżikija - Zilić (82-Romuzga), Jeleń.

18. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Iam glad Swisher started both games, hope he keeps up he's level and stays a regular starter for his team.

19. Skurwiel007

Skurwiel007 Member

Jun 12, 2004
    Polonia's defender Luis Swisher won't play in saturday's match against Zagłębie Lubin. His ribs are broken. - The break will last from 7 to 10 days. - I shall be ready for the next match - Luis said.

http://www.poloniawarszawa.com/

20. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    That Sux we need him against panama I wonder if this will affect the Nt team call ups

u get rep for that one

21. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Gwatemalczyk is the way they spell guate in polish i just thought that was interesting

22. Skurwiel007

Skurwiel007 Member

Jun 12, 2004
    Yes it is! :)

23. guategol

guategol New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    vancouver
    it is actually

24. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I hope Swisher gets better and stays healthy.

25. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I hope him and pezzarossi are ready for the game in trinidad