Guatemalans Playing Abroad.

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by MetroChile, Oct 25, 2011.

1. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    That's just going back to the comment by Cha about how our players just like to take the easy road. The guys who actully WANT to play and make their country proud are willing to put the effort into it. Villa isn't one of those guys obviously.

2. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    U. de Concepción 3-1 (0-0) Cobreloa

Contreras played all 90 mins and had a good game, hardly made any mistakes. During the last 20 minutes of the first half, he took a couple shots on goal and created a couple chances. Got a yellow card just before HT on a foul committed reasonably as the opposing attacker was breaking in towards the area. During the second half he took on a more deep-lying position. Scoreline does not reflect what happened on the pitch, game was a lot tougher than that for U. de Conce.

La Serena visit Colo Colo tomorrow @ 16:30 EST

3. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    La Serena vs U. de Concepción, Saturday 12:30 local time (11:30 EDT). Duelo entre chapines.

I'm pretty sure if Contreras and one of La Serena's 2 strikers play, it will be the first time ever that Guatemalans face each other in a South American league.

Surely at some point in the MLS there were matches featuring Guatemalans on both sides, but I don't know how many. Where is a good place to look up MLS lineups from past seasons?

4. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    I was at a Galaxy home game in 2002 where Fredy Garcia came in for the Columbus Crew and was greeted by a loud applause by the chapines in attendance. Many people didn't know who he was and were confused as to why there would be an applause for a Crew substitution but applauded anyway.

Carlos Ruiz struck a crazy half volley for the game winning goal that day. That was his 15th goal of the season. I remember that because after the strike he was pointing at his wrist because Alexi Lalas had made a bet with him during preseason that if he scored 15 goals he would buy him a Rolex.

5. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Nice. So there's one, and perhaps the earliest occurrence. Thanks BB.

6. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Watch game live here: http://www.webdelfutbol.org/la-serena-u-de-conce-futbol-chileno-2012.html

Contreras & Pezzarossi starting for U. de Conce. & La Serena respectively. Minor Lopez on the bench.

7. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    La Serena 1-0 U de Conce, FT.

First time ever that 3 Guatemalans play in the same match in a league abroad.

Summary of their actions:

Legend: pc = pase correcto; pi = pase incorrecto; br = bola recuperada; bp = bola perdida; f = falta; fs = falta sufrida

Min / action
    2 Contreras pc, pc
    4 Contreras pi area
    4 Contreras pc
    4 Contreras pc
    5 Contreras pc
    9 Pezzarossi pc
    10 Contreras pc area
    12 Contreras bp
    13 Contreras f
    15 Contreras pc
    16 Contreras pc
    17 Contreras pi
    20 corner Pezzarossi 7m header near post, wide at far post
    30 Contreras pc, pc
    32 Contreras pi area
    33 Contreras pc
    36 Contreras pc
    -----------
    52 Pezzarossi header on goal 12 mts saved
    59 Pezzarossi defense clear corner header
    60 Contreras bp, pc
    62 Contreras pc
    64 Contreras bp
    66 Contreras pc
    66 Contreras pc
    68 Contreras pc
    70 Contreras pc
    74 Contreras pc
    75 out Pezzarossi in López
    76 López pc
    79 Gol La Serena
    82 López br pc
    82 out Contreras
    83 López run into box shot on goal saved
    87 López fs
    88 López pc

8. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Discreet game for Mr. Pappa today. Subbed out at 62'. Took one 25m shot high and wide. Team losing 0-1 when he left the pitch.

9. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Thanks for the Summary! Seems like all 3 played well.

10. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Pappa looked completely off today. Was dispossessed repeatedly in the first half. Completely ineffective. The worst game I've ever seen him play.

11. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I think Pappa should switch teams, maybe he needs a new fresh air. Thanks for the summary Cha. Def. these are the guys that are going to give Guate a good game. I just wish that Ciani would get the call to join Pappa, Contreras, Pezza and Campollo

12. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  13. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  14. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    mejor k se regresen a Guate mejor, para que van a ir a esas ligas de mickey mouse de todas maneras, just bring Villa n JC back to Guate at least they'll be playing instead of doing jack sh#t.

15. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Señores,

Can anybody tell me what happened to that kid Pedro Asturias, who was coming to try out with the Dynamo?

The Dynamo didn't release any info about him and didn't acknowledge Pedro during a Q/A thingy. Somewhere there was a message about him joining the Dynamo academy at the end of 2012 or 2013, but nothing clear.

Just curious..

16. lazulyblanco

lazulyblanco Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Supuestamente como dijiste, van a esperar a que termine el colegio. Y luego, ya sea en agosto o a principios del otro año, van hacerle una nueva prueba.

17. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    BOOOO!!!! Pick this kid up now. But according to that video posted earlier he was going to look at a few college's as well.

18. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hey Guti, do you know if there was anymore contact with that kid Oscar Cordon from Toronto?

19. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Pappa doing his thing on the right flank again, I didn't watch the game but here's highlights

Nice dribble and cross to assist on the 1st goal [1:37].
    Another nice sequence he finished with a right foot blast to the post [4:15].

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX158y3hsZo"]HIGHLIGHTS: CHI vs PHI - YouTube[/ame]

20. Ishto

Ishto Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I was at the game; Pappa as usual was all over the field, and what a great effort getting through defenders for the assist to Oduro.

21. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Pics or it didn't happen :D

Apareciste Ishto, solo twitter sos

22. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    In Chile, Dwight Pezzarossi scored the 1-1 in a 2-5 loss by la Serena @ Unión Española. Contreras' U. de Concepción also lost 2-5, but at home vs S.W.

23. Ishto

Ishto Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    1 person likes this.
  24. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Marco Pappa is now 11 minutes away from accumulating the 2nd most regular-season minutes played by a Guatemalan in MLS.

Code:
    Carlos Ruiz	13490
    Martin Machón	 6977
    Marco Pappa	 6967
    Jorge Rodas	 1773
    Pando Ramírez	 1590
    Freddy García	 1490
    Loco Rodríguez	 1309
    Gustavo Cabrera	  360

25. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well you know Dre, i actually wrote to Oscar Cordon y me dijo k todavia no lo han llamado, so i dont know if they gave up on him or they dont give a sh#t, all i know is Almeida is afraid of calling new people at this time, he already got his players for Brazil 2014 WC

Ricardo Jerez
    JJ Paredes
    G. Cabrera
    Yoni FLores
    Gallardo
    Luis(elcanche) Rodriguez
    Pando
    Contreras
    Leon
    Wilfred Velasquez
    Jonathan Lopez
    Pappa