Guatemalans Playing Abroad.

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by MetroChile, Oct 25, 2011.

1. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    GoldenOne repped this.
  2. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
  3. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Reportedly he will be playing as "10", just like his shirt number. I think that is where you want him.

4. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I remember him playing CAM a few games with Chicago, and while his through passes were on point, he lacked awareness and was dispossessed from behind way too many times.

Personally, I like him on that left flank for his crosses and his ability to cut inside and shoot from long range.

5. Tecunuman

Tecunuman Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Marco Pappa anota su primer gol con el seattle sounders y es uno de los jugadores mas destcados del partido Felicidades a Marco Pappa. Good Job man!

6. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Funny, I thought I have seen his best when he's played on the right side. But I think he has a good chance at excelling at a more central position, even if just by taking good shots and scoring more.

7. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Was just checking NY Cosmos' website and Henry Lopez isn't even listed anymore. Anyone know what happened?

8. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I asked about him in they cosmos forum guys said he's training with Raul former RM player who's supposed to join Cosmos next season. Not sure if I believe that though

10. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  11. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I guess Ricardo is the best player we have abroad tight now, We have no capable forwards . We have like two defenders que por lo menos hacen bulto, I don't see Guatemala being a great team anytime soon.

12. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    The position Guate is most set at is midfield. Enrique Miranda, Marvin Ceballos, Renato Sequen, Marco Pappa. Lot of quality there.

Itzallboutgtown repped this.
  13. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Angelo Padilla is heading back to Costa Rica with Carmelita and Rafael Morales is heading to Saprissa. Also some kid named Myke Gamboa who played for Sacachispas is heading to Cerro Porteno Presidente Franco in Paraguay's 2nd Div.

There's alot of players making moves for Guate, hope this keeps up.

GoldenOne repped this.
  14. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Good for Angelo Padilla, he got zero playing time at Municipal.

Rafa Morales to Saprissa is great, hope he does well over there so we can start sending as many players to Costa Rica as they send to Liga Nacional.

Myke Gamboa to Cerro Porteño Presidente Franco is an awesome story. At first I thought it was THEE Cerro Porteño but it's another team in that city that competed in top flight as recently as 2012.

Very positive moves for all 3 players. Now wth is going on with Henry Lopez?

15. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Pappa with an amazing free kick this weekend in the 4-0 win against Real Salt Lake

:47

GoldenOne and ChaChaFut repped this.
  16. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    You can add a girl to our list of players abroad. Ana Lucia Martinez has confirmed joining the Houston Dash of the NWSL.

17. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    GoldenOne repped this.
  18. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Good for Ciani. He's a frustrating player to watch because he's capable of brilliance offensively but is inconsistent and plays zero defense. Those two things are what's kept him off the national team.

Unfortunate that this move isn't earlier in his career but still important because it can open doors for others.

19. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I've only seen what his play on the NT, but I can see what you mean about inconsistent play.

Hopefully this opportunity will light a fire under his a$$ because a team coming up into 1st Div is going to try and play their best and any player who's not at the top of their game is going to be watching the game from the bench.

20. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Elias Enoc Vasquez to trial with Dorados de Sinaloa of Mexican 2nd division.

How strong is the Mexican 2nd division these days?

21. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Transer to Dorados is complete. Hoping he does well especially after coming back from MLS with such a sour taste in his mouth. I will have to say that the 2nd DIV is pretty strong seeing as how teams like Xolos and Leon have come up and been pretty successful as of late.

If anything it's a chance for him to develop and HOPEFULLY get looked at by other clubs in the Primera on loan.

22. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    So who are our players abroad right now?

Ricardo Jerez- Petroleros- Colombia (1st Div)
    Marco Ciani- San Marcos de Arica- Chile (1st Div)
    Rafa Morales- Saprissa- Costa Rica
    Angelo Padilla- Carmelita- Costa Rica
    Elias Vasquez- Dorados- Mexico (2nd Div)
    Marco Pappa- Sounders (MLS)

Very important for Morales and Vasquez to get international experience since our D has been our weakest point.

I personally think there's half a dozen better strikers in Guate better than Angelo Padilla and Ciani is not national team material. For our national team it is great that Jerez, Morales, Vasquez and Pappa are abroad.

ChaChaFut repped this.
  23. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    We need more than 3 players abroad to get a better NT. But the fact that Sopegno is actually LOOKING for talent in the other divisions is a good thing. Lets hope he keeps doing more call ups and is actively looking for players outside of Guate.

24. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Guate will get to a WC when at least half the national team has played abroad for at least 3 years. There's really no other way.

25. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Pappa scored in the US Open Cup on Thursday

2:50

Pappa also scored on Sunday

5:18