Guatemalans Playing Abroad.

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by MetroChile, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I doubt it.. he's 34. Doesn't have much to give as a starter in the MLS and I doubt people wanna use a slot on him as a back-up.

but thats imo.

2. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Hell no. He did this to himself. He was a starter at DC already then he decides to go to Guatemala for a meaningless friendly against Argentina where he didn't even play. As a result he missed a regular season game and Olsen never played him again.

3. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    How old is Chang?? I thought that was a youth club in like 4th division Catalunya or something.

5. JaiKaiZ

JaiKaiZ Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lopez scored and Noriega was a starter this weekend. Gordillo is adapting to the league. I came across a very interesting page on Facebook about Guatemalan players playing aboard. If anyone interested in looking at it its Legionarios Guatemaltecos

6. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Good find. It has way more info than lared and guatefutbol does

7. JaiKaiZ

JaiKaiZ Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh yea. Ima try to find the admin to the page to help out.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    email him.. I'm sure he also has a twitter account to.

He started his page after Legionarios Catrachos and Cusca's did. He's a well informed dude.

9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Maybe ChaChaFut and him should team up and make a website with REAL info and trying to help our national players. As opposed to just regurgatating garbage info.

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    He has his email on the facebook page.. and he usually responds to the messages left on his board. They're not opposed to help if its offered. Usually they have the inside scoop though.. kinda like erases the point of portales like diez and lared if you can find their individual reporters facebook pages and twitters whom have wayyy more info than what they post on their websites.

11. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Emailed him and said we'd be happy to help in any way to better their page. Replied right back and said he'd welcome any help.

12. JaiKaiZ

JaiKaiZ Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jorge Mario Ortiz podria irse a Costa Rica con el Limon FC. This team wanted Giovanni Morales if you guys remember. Lared said its a prueba but he wants to seal a deal smart move from his part

13. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I tried already guys, that dude from Legionarios, took some of the guys that we were finding on here, i've been checking his page for a while now and everytime we posted something new here, he would copy it to his page. I mean some of his info. comes from Seleccion de Guatemala, lared.com.gt, futboldeguatemala nothing new. If you guys really want to do something is thru the Federation. But in reality right now, is just working on getting a big list together on possible players that could be called up in Guate. I've been in contact with Chalo and he advices me to just wait until a National coach is chosen in Guate, cause then everything will be more organized, right now is too soon but he said just get a list ready. So i've been working on that. I even got a 17yr old on my U19 team who's a very very good forward and can also play as a creative midfielder, he recently score 16 goals for the team. I'm trying to get him to go for a try out in Guate's U20

14. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Another possible youngster that could play for Guate if he decides to in the near future:

[​IMG]
    ¿Sabías que un guatemalteco jugó con otro país el Mundial Sub-17 de Emiratos Árabes?

Ante la falta de oportunidades en las selecciones juveniles de Guatemala, cada vez son más los hijos de emigrantes guatemaltecos que optan por jugar por la nación en la que viven o han nacido.

Esta vez se trata del mediocampista Marco Leonel Domínguez, quien jugó recientemente con Canadá la Copa Mundial Sub-17 de la FIFA Emiratos Árabes Unidos 2013.

Domínguez, quien nació el 25 de febrero de 1996, es hijo de un ciudadano de Mazatenango, Suchitpéquez, y una dominicana, juega en las divisiones inferiores del Impact de Montreal de la Major League Soccer.

15. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Stefano Cincotta: "el deseo de jugar con la Selección Nacional"
    10/19/2013 07:19:00 p.m. | En guatefutbol, seleccion mayor .
    [​IMG]

16. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    This guy is trying his HARDEST to get noticed and get called up. At this point whoever gets the nod to be the next DT would be and idiot and booed out of the country if he didn't call this kid up.

17. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Considering that the position of Left Back is arguably the weakest in the country, why not give Stefano a chance. Too bad, however, that the senior NT won't be taking part in any competitions any time soon.

18. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Ángelo Padilla entered the match Puntarenas vs. Limón in the 87th minute today, and 2 minutes later he scored the match-winning goal. With his 3rd goal of the 2013-14 Torneo de Invierno, he has already matched his tally from the previous tournament.

19. mitrita

mitrita Member

Aug 6, 2002
    NL
    As we all know, the Dutch adventure of Marco Pappa has turned into an major dissappointement for the player and the club. I'm not sure who's to blame for that. The manager for ignoring him or Pappa himself for simply not performing as expected ? Anyway, rumor is that club and player are negotiating the terms of dissolving the contract. Probably best solution for both.

20. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Here's a link I found on this.
    http://www.soccernews.nl/news/219377/Heerenveen_in_gesprek_met_Pappa_over_contractontbinding
    Google translate to English

"To the agony of Marco Pappa at sc Heerenveen may come to an end. The Guatemalan last season brought to Friesland, but came under coach Marco van Basten hardly the bin. The two sides are in talks about a premature farewell.

Daddy has the Abe Lenstra Stadium still has a commitment to mid-2016, but has no view on playing time. Because it is not expected that the situation of the attacking midfielder will change rapidly, the club prepared to rescind the contract. Pappa

Heerenveen took Pappa last season on the U.S. Chicago Fire. The Guatemalan international was a purchase of former technical director Johan Hansma. Dad came so far twelve times in action on behalf of Heerenveen. In those matches he did not score."

21. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Here's a vid to Angelos goal

ChaChaFut repped this.
  22. JaiKaiZ

JaiKaiZ Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Noriega to play another torneo with FAS

23. JaiKaiZ

JaiKaiZ Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So since Israel Silva is naturalizado does he count as a legionario now that he's going to Saprissa?

24. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I remember a few seasons ago there was talks about this guy being called up once he got his citizenship fixed. Did he ever get called up?

25. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Marco Pappa will leave Heerenveen in the next few days. Hope he doesn't come back to MLS, but unfortunately that's what's likely to happen.