Guatemala vs Jamaica, USA and Antigua 2012 WCQ (R)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Jun 5, 2012.

1. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Velasquez is killing me. Its like hes TRYING to get a red card

2. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BIG PAPPA finally playing well. And is it just me, or Pescado's attitude is completely different from previous eliminatorias? I don't see him crying and on the floor like before.

3. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We missed our best chance of tying. Don't think we'll get another like that, but at least we continue to create good opportunities.

4. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    That chance should have been in the back of the net. Pappa is making a huge difference right now.

5. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    GOOOOOOOL HIUEPUTTAAAA!

jfcule, Evolute and Itzallboutgtown repped this.
  7. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Pappa is a beast!

8. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    if we going anywhere Pappa HAS to play like this every game!!

9. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    1-1 FT I think we all agree if Pappa plays like this every game, he should be starting

10. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Puntote!!!111lol

jfcule repped this.
  11. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am glad Almeida sat Pappa in the first half, as it seemed to give him hunger to be on the field. Maybe that's what he needed to get serious. I just wish Galindo would have played as well.

12. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Pappa was a man on fire today. Holy shit, what a ********ing game.

13. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    There's no reason he SHOULDN'T be starting!!! Yeah he dribbles a little too much and yeah he may try to do too much at once, but that's just the nature of his game - the man creates chances and creates plays. Pappa and Galindo help create in the midfield and attacking third, which is at the end of the day where our offensive incapability comes from. Yes, our defense is sh*t, we all know that. But if we have Galindo in there and Pappa in the middle, then we can actually create and possess the ball!!!!!!!!

this is just so frustrating. we just escaped from that game with a point and that was playing half-a-game with our A team. Almeida needs to swallow his pride or intimidation and put the best guys out there. That means Galindo and Pappa, from the start

14. Tecunuman

Tecunuman Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Guatemala esta pero obligado a sacar la victoria de local y visita encontra Antigua y Barbuda!! y Ganarle a Jamaica si queire pasar al hexagonal

15. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Pappas Gol

BallinBear and edcalvi repped this.
  16. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After seeing Pappa's goal today, I don't see a reason why he should not play abroad.

17. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Now to think of it, I am sure there were some scouts watching that game.

18. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    YES Pappa had a GREAT game. However....him getting sat for the first half was MUCH NEEDED. It lit a fire under his ass and it showed. He was the spark we needed and it would've been nice to have some help in the mid.

I'm glad Contreras finally got to start, and i'm telling you he's the 10 we need. He had some good touches and great ideas.

Ruiz NEEDS SOME HELP UP FRONT. He's on his own without any help, Loco sucks, period. Pezza is slow and doesn't do much, at least Campollo has an attacking mind.

Morales and Velasqueze were killing me, they were being WAAAAAAY too aggressive and with a better ref they'd have been going in the first half.

Our boys could play MUCH better but a point is a point. Guess we'll see where we are as a team in 3 months.

BallinBear repped this.
  19. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Marvin Avila played himself a beautiful game. Just a great team effort.

I still think Almeida needs to find a way to get Contreras and Pappa on the pitch at the same time.

20. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
  21. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Agreed. I like him out wide because he has the speed to go up and down the field to throw another body inro the box whwn our back line needs it. Back to pappa though, im just not sure we as a team can afford to take an offwnsive weapon like him and sit him out for halves at a time. The man can play, and with our offense coming from no one except for ruiz, he needa any and all help he can get.

22. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    As a coach you need to have control over your players. One player can never be above the rest of the team. The truth was that he was playing really bad in the previous games. At times he just looked lost out or like he was trying to do his own thing so he was benched. And no starter who wants to win likes to be benched.

Him being out was Almeida's way of saying "you want to start? then you gotta SHOW ME you should be the starter" And that's what he did in the 2nd half. I just hope he recognize's this in the next few months.

Speaking of which, has there been any talk of some friendlies between now and September? We need all the time to prepare and work more on team skills.

23. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Voz ChaCha, I thought you weren't gonna be watching the game? :laugh:

No que no? :ROFLMAO:

24. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    I have no idea who Fabian Johnson is, probably another U.S. national team guy that their fans massively overrate, but Ruiz took him to school and pwned his ass the whole night.

My favorite part of the match (besides the goal) was in the 73rd minute when Ruiz made him his bitch and turned him FOUR times before crossing it into the box. I was laughing my face off.

25. lazulyblanco

lazulyblanco Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Buen partido para Enoc, Canche y Pappa. Es preocupante que Almeida haga los 3 cambios de un solo, eso significa que no esta planteando bien los partidos, y a la hora que alguno se lesione o salga expulsado quedariamos descompensados. El Loco no esta para seleccion, le pone ganas, pero esas mismas ganas lo hacen individualista y no tiene ni la tecnica para bajar una pelota, Campollo seria el acompañante ideal en estos momentos, y cuando Israel pueda jugar con la sele seria interesantisimo tener a Ruiz y Silva en la delantera. Gallardo y Morales me preocupan, hacen demasiadas faltas innecesarias, seria bueno buscar otra alternativa (Javier Melgar, Nelson Morales, Sandoval, Hamilton)

edcalvi and ChaChaFut repped this.