Guatemala vs Jamaica, USA and Antigua 2012 WCQ (R)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Jun 5, 2012.

1. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Contreras for Galindo.

Pezza for Arreola.

2. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    The Jamaican commentator said Jerez scores the 2nd goal of the night.... WTF smh

3. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Loco is in too. No idea for who....

4. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I smell a goleada. Not sure why Almeida took Galindo out of the game.

5. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Pta ya van 2 travesaños en contra de Guate.

6. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Not sure why either. Jamaica is just toying with us and once again Loco sucks on the touches head down and no vision.

7. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Well it was either Velasquez or Galindo who had to be taken off to make room for Contreras to switch to a diamond formation.

Against the more physical U.S., I would prefer Galindo.

8. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ref is injured? LMAO

9. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Su madre muchá (la de ellos).

10. Tecunuman

Tecunuman Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I highly doubt Guatemala will pass this round playing like this =(

11. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Elias Enoc is probably one of the only players that has played a good game tonight. BTW - Honduras is loosing 0-2 at home, against Panama.

12. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    I told you guys Enoc is a boss. Next guy who should go abroad in my opinion.

13. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal de Dwight!!!!

14. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I hope that late goal doesn't haunt Jamaica. This group is going to be tight. 2-1 final though. Jamaica gets the 3 points.

15. Tecunuman

Tecunuman Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    hmmm maybe this goal that Guatemala had might come back and bite Jamaica when they come play en el Mateo Flores ;)

Itzallboutgtown repped this.
  16. lazulyblanco

lazulyblanco Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Fue un buen resultado en lo que cabe, me esperaba una goleada en el segundo tiempo. Desde que Jerez cometio el error los jamaiquinos se tuvieron fe y desde ahi nos dominaron. Almeida se desespero y hizo cambios a lo loco, Galindo no tuvo que haber salido era el mejor del equipo junto a Enoc. Pappa no me extrañaria que jugara de suplente contra Estados Unidos. Yo creo que si solo hubiera hecho un cambio todo hubiera sido diferente, ya que entramos desconectados en el segundo tiempo. El partido decisivo para mi es el martes, si no le ganamos a Estados Unidos, ya no tendriamos oportunidad. Cuidado tambien con Antigua y Bermudas que no son ningunos flanes.

edcalvi repped this.
  17. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    You said it L. We needed a W or a tie. At this point we need ALOT of help. BUT the goal could be decisive in Guate IF we manage to get a couple W's.

And yes Galindo going out was not a good decision. Should've taken out Lopez instead. Except for Loco the changes made at the half did pan out. Contreras HAS to be our 10, the few touches he had he was making good passes and create opportunities.

Our midfield could not keep with the Jamaicans. Especially once Jerez screwed the pooch, that was the turning point in the game. Tuesday will have to be a balls out game.

18. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Regardless of the usa antigua result, i think its a fair assumption that usa jamaica and guate will take max points from antigua. A tie or win away to jamaica or usa is obviously what we want, but now that we took the loss we just need to return them the favor in estadio mateo flores. Thats just what it comes down to. Even though i think we can all agree this was a sloppy performance on guates part from the midfield and it's lack of solid touches to the nonexistent attack and jerez and his goofs, we gave up a goal at the end of the first half and right out of the gun in the second. Translation? Mental lapses. Obviously im trying to find the positive here because i do believe we were outplayed, but so long as we return the favor at home then hopefully this wont sting as much.

19. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    the question now is , should Jerez start next game? or should Paredes be the one?? I am honestly going for paredes, that way Jerez realizes that one mistake means the spot..... as for Almeida subbing out our our best players?? like really?

20. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    You're totally right Armada, both goals were due to mental lapses. I think because of how BADLY our midfield was outplayed we lost sight of that.

21. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jerez did ******** up on the first goal, but we also have to give him credit for stopping several shots on Goal. The Reggae Boys have quite the shot, but fortunately for us, they either hit the post, or Jerez saved our asses. For Tuesday's game, I think we can beat the US, as they haven't been as sharp as previous games. They are also not as fast as Jamaica, but they are more technical.

22. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    __________Jerez____________
    Enoc---L. Rodriguez---Gallardo---Morales
    _________Galindo____________
    J. Lopez ___________Pappa______
    _________Contreras________
    ______.Ruiz ----J. Arreola_____

This is what I'd like to see as the starting lineup against the U.S. What about you guys?

23. lazulyblanco

lazulyblanco Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Galindo se lesiono y esta descartado para el juego por lo tanto Wilfred seguira siendo titular. Y arreola no creo que vaya de titular.

24. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Aww crap. That means Leon will start. Game is lost already

25. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Pvta deveras? Ya valio madre.

In that case Velasquez as the lone CDM, Jonathan Lopez can drop back to help on D.