Guatemala at USA, October 16, 2012 WCQ [R]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by barnabyjonez, Oct 13, 2012.

1. barnabyjonez

barnabyjonez Member

May 28, 2011
    The Valley, Saba
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well done, Guatemala!

Wow, Guatemala and the USA can do an "Austria-West Germany '82" and both qualify. Jamaica must be now rueing that draw with Antigua-Barbuda. If I was the USA, I'd rather face Guatemala in the hex than Jamaica, even thought they can' t win at Estadio Mateo Flores. Who knows how many more Englishm...err "Jamaicans" born in UK will declare themselves for the Reggaeboyz. If Guatemala was playing another Central American nation, Jamaica wouldn't even need to show up for last game as it would be a done deal. Are the Americans above such tactics? If Guatemala could eliminate the US next week, it would be an amazing achievement.

I used to live in Guatemala and really hope that they can qualify for the World Cup. I was on my way to the stadium to see that tragic Costa Rica game in October '96, but was feeling ill, so I turned back from the bus stop. I did see some teens shower the Nicaraguan team with baggies of piss at an earlier WC qualifier. I'd love another weekend at Monterico, Panajachel or Livingston. Outside of Guatemala City, the country is beautiful and interesting.

ChaChaFut repped this.
  2. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Do you realize that SPORTING Kansas City <--~~~---> SPORTING de Gijón

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

edcalvi repped this.
  3. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Telefutura will air this game, 7 pm eastern.

4. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    It will be on ESPN2 HD as well.

5. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    No Pappa, sí Wilfred V. para mañana segun W. Avalos de La Red:

----------------Jerez
    J.López-Enoc-R.Morales-E.Morales
    --------------Velásquez
    Figueroa--León--Contreras-Loco R.
    ----------------Ruiz

6. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Glad to see Loco back in the line up, he will bring that speed that we need. I will like to see that kid Baker too but i doubt he'll have a chance tomorrow. Guate needs to play a smart game, like it did with Jamaica, pressure the hell out of USA and our D needs to be strong like vs the Jamaica team. Will both sides work out a draw or will Guate want to do the unthinkable and eliminate the USA. We'll see tomorrow.
    AGUANTE GUATE :cool:

7. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    work out a draw? or do the unthinkable and eliminate the USA. hi revs are running wild for you guys huh.

ChaChaFut repped this.
  8. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Seems to be the syndrome these days. They forget we have never 'worked out a draw' in a competitive match in U.S. soil.

9. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    work out a draw (implying it won't just happen or come easy) or do the unthinkable and eliminate the USA (implying it's the unthinkable is pretty self-explanatory)...

I just don't see what about that post warranted the response you posted, but please, correct me if he said anything that seemed over ambitious or crazy without addressing it himself. I don't see anything wrong with a Guatemala fan posting on the Guatemala forum about his high hopes for his Guatemala squad, but if his post means we've got "our revs running wild... huh," you got me too.

10. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Don't like the fact that Pappa is out, because we all agree that Loco sucks as a wing. I say take out Figueroa put loco on the left and Pappa at the right.

11. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i say this game is gonna be a 0-0 or a 1-0 guatemala favor , remember that the usa barely got out of Guatemala with the draw. just because our forwards missed so many chances!!

12. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I think Guate will come out very agressive, but hope they can go all 90mins without letting their guard down cause that's where USA is lethal. Im going out on a limb here and say Guate will win 2-1.

13. lazulyblanco

lazulyblanco Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nada que decir, pasaron los que tenian que pasar.
    EEUU demostró su profesionalismo y su calidad y nos destruyeron. Almeida le aposto al empate y este fue el resultado.
    Sin duda miro a EEUU y Jamaica calificando al mundial.
    Se fue el mas grande de nuestra historia y la verdad dudo ver a otro igual o superior al Pescado en mucho tiempo.
    Almeida pues para mi que se vaya, aunque su trabajo lo respeto y si trabajo aunque a mi gusto no supo seleccionar jugadores. Igual creo que tendrá ofertas mas interesantes que quedarse aca.

Lo único rescatable fue Enoc. Sin duda en base a el tienen que armarse la selección, ojala le den la capitania por la garra y entrega que brinda. Todos los otros no creo que sean necesarios. Sea como sea, sigo con el sueño de escuchar nuestro himno en un Mundial. Sigo confiando en nuestro fútbol y lo seguiré viendo y apoyando hasta que tenga la oportunidad.

14. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well said Yona, i think no of us will ever stop supporting our Bicolor. I also agree with you, i think Almeida will have to leave, he didnt accomplish the goal to qualify. So i think is time for a new process, someone that has a vision and experience and someone that's willing to start from zero.