Group thoughts ..

Discussion in 'GROUP A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay France' started by N. Platini, Dec 4, 2009.

1. trojanman1user

trojanman1user Member+

Dec 28, 2007
    South Africa lost to a 2nd string Santos club

2. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    The squad for the next camp in Germany has been called. It's been cut to 25 people with 2 new people added.

New names: Katlego Mashego (Orlando Pirates), Siyabonga Nomvethe (Moroka Swallows)

Names dropped: 2 midfielders - Daine Klate (Supersport United), Tlou Segolela (Bloemfontein Celtic) and 3 strikers - Kermit Erasmus (Excelsior, could be the club wanted him back), Thulasizwe Mbuyane (Orlando Pirates), Richard Henyekane (Golden Arrows)

Apart from maybe Erasmus the rest are out of the World Cup squad. That means Parreira is still frantically in need of strikers. Schalkwyk is actually an AM, so basically we have a non-playing McCarthy, a talented but inconsitent Mphela and a 33-year old Nomvethe... Unless Parreira wants Tshabalala to become the top team goalscorer.

LIST OF 25
    Goalkeepers - Itumeleng Khune, Moeneeb Josephs, Shu-Aib Walters

Defenders – Matthew Booth, Lucas Thwala, Siyanda Xulu, Siyabonga Sangweni, Siboniso Gaxa, Bongani Khumalo, Innocent Mdledle, Thabo Nthethe.

Midfielders – Teko Modise, Surprise Moriri, Siphiwe Tshabalala, Thanduyise Khuboni, Reneilwe Letsholonyane, Lance Davids, Lebohang Mokoena, Andile Jali, Franklin Cale, Daylon Claasen, Katlego Mashego.

Strikers - Katlego Mphela, Gert Schalkwyk and Siyabonga Nomvete.

3. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm quite surprised by some of the decisions, but not necc unhappy. Nomvhete has the potential to be a class player. Winger slash striker.

If Mashego can work on his mentality, he has great skills also. Hanyekane can be considered unlucky.....and Schalkwyk lucky

4. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
  5. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team: