Gringo's Wall of Shame: Get used to it Gringos VOL. X

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by sidspaceman, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    If anything, it's more of an indictment on Altidore's season.

Most people on the Altidore thread agree it was a penalty. In real time, I thought it was too.

The replays, IMO, show it was not a penalty but I can see enough of a gray area where either decision could be accepted.

It's the hypocrisy that gets me. When Heath Pearce tugged on Gio's shirt during the 09 Gold Cup final, the US boards were alight in anger. "THAT'S NOT A PENALTY!!" "F*CKIN CHEATING SCUM" "NO CLASS DIVERS"

No matter how you tried to explain it to them that a defender pulling an attacker's shirt in the box will almost always lead to a penalty call, they just didn't want to hear it. They chose to demonize the opponent instead.

Not a peep two years later when Jones went down like he was shot by a sniper and got a Jamaican sent off unjustly.

That's grit.

No mention of the blown call against Canada in the 07 Gold Cup semifinals that would have pushed the game into over time.

That's heart.

It's that level of self delusion that shows how immature they are as fanbase. Excessive praise for routine plays. Little criticism of players and coaches. Those who go against the grain and criticize are ostracized. The constant need to highlight moral victories and building castles in the sky based on hypothetical situations.

Klinsmann whining about how the US should've won the 2011 post Gold Cup friendly after being outplayed for 73 minutes.

Tab Ramos claiming with a "bit of luck" results at the U20 WC last year would've been different. Despite the fact that they were generally outplayed by Ghana, France and Spain.

Members of the US U23 team taking their frustration to twitter after Mexico won the Gold Medal. They "could've" done it too.

The soapboxish rhetoric after the Toluca - San Jose game a few weeks ago.

The constant self congratulatory pats on the back and praise regarding how much soccer has grown since 1990.

It's all just a cry for attention from a fan base desperate for recognition, let alone success.

2. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    great post

3. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All new members should take notes on posts like this

5 stars

4. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you forgot the "Justice" theme, its like something happens and its "justice" for this or that. SMH

5. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

Oh boy.

This might be the best post Ive seen in BigSoccer.

6. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    well i guess they banned me from the nads abroad forum

Adrian559, Azul88 and icybauer repped this.
  7. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think you are banned from most of Bigsoccer aren't you? Lol

8. icybauer

icybauer Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    10/10 would read again.

best poast ever.

9. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    all of the US forums, first it was N/A, then US Mens, now yanks abroad

Adrian559, Saul Acosta and Colima24 repped this.
  10. elmaestro2

elmaestro2 Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Chicago(west burbs)
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well done. Read any of their stupid yanks abroad game day threads . Unbelievable what they write ie "Great job by Cameron passing the ball to his open teammate, great vision. " Worst fans ever.

11. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

12. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    *simple pass*

"That was a world class play right there!"

13. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    On Marquez:

Pajaro Negro, ax77, icybauer and 5 others repped this.
  14. 1stYearCoach

1stYearCoach Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I guess the top teams in the world like throwing players a bone just to see what it's like to be on good teams. I mean let's see if Bayern will sign El Pollo Valenzuela so he can get on the field and enjoy the ride. :rolleyes:

15. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :cautious:

Otaku and GrandeSoccer repped this.
  16. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

17. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    and playing for LA Galaxy for 90%+ of their career does?

18. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Tell us how you really feel, though. You weren't clear enough. ;)

El Mariachi repped this.
  19. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    This. x1000

It's the pathetic thing. I don't think Altidore dived but fell but for those people to still claim it was a penalty after the fall it's insane. Especially when they made those threads when Jones dived and Aquino had a penalty and they slowed it down to a crawl to show those calls were right (which was total bullshit especially with the Jones thing.) The Televisa view that shows that it was an offside by Eddie Johnson, that doesn't count. Eventhough teams forget when they get benefited by calls (I always bring how shameful it is for Mexico to totally deny the robbery call that we got against El Salvador in 1970) if you look to their boards, they always get screwed and never get benefited. That's why their victim shit is the worse and worse than others.

20. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

ax77, Saldgotti1991, TrDm1n3r and 16 others repped this.
  21. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Exactly.

Mexican soccer is by no means elite. The national and club teams suffer from inconsistency in the biggest stages and player development is only a recent phenomenon. The Federation is known to be dense and trigger happy when it comes to coaches. The media is relentless and looks to destabilize. The fans are often reactionary and sometimes don't see the bigger picture, getting swept away by the agendas of certain media outlets.

But we certainly don't possess a victim mentality. We don't exonerate our players and coaches from deserved blame when mistakes are made and most importantly, we don't get hung up on referee decisions that go against us.

It's as if the fans understand that the beautiful game has a certain margin of error due to the human factor involved in referee decisions.

When's the last time the media cried about the round of 16 game against Argentina where a clear mistake by the ref tilted the game in Argentina's favor? Fans and media would rightly prefer to focus on losing the last group game against Uruguay.

When's the last time the media cried about the missed handball by John O'brien during the 2002 round of 16 game against the US when the game was 1-0? A call that should've gone our way and would have changed the momentum of the game? Instead, the fans and media focused on Aguirre's personnel choices and subs and the dismissive attitude of the players towards the US national team prior to the game.

When Gio wasn't playing at Spurs, there were no cries of "anti-Mexican" bias towards Redknapp. The coach simply did not rate Gio. The kid found other avenues to prove his worth to potential suitors and untimately was able to move on from a tough situation.

I'm not saying US fans shouldn't be proud of their accomplishments or angry about ref decisions that have gone against them but their woe is me mantra is just borderline pathetic.

If you don't tow the party line, you're not a true "fan."

Hdez.Marcos, chiva_freak, ax77 and 20 others repped this.
  22. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Jesus, you're on a roll.

Adrian559 and icybauer repped this.
  23. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^

slurp. slurp, slurp

24. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol in response via pm to this gif

ax77, Saldgotti1991, *rey* and 7 others repped this.
  25. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    You'd think Altidore was a hot item in the commodities exchange, the way these dudes go out of their way to protect their "investment."

I don't remember but I think the above play got #13 yellow carded. Too lazy to look it up.

El Mariachi repped this.