Great column condemning Premiership's Big Three

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Val1, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    You need help.

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    scotland is definitely above switzerland. They play pretty neutral football up there in the Alps.

3. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Poor joke, but funny none the less!!! :D

4. Mackannovic

Mackannovic New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    You're not Chelsea anymore!

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    :confused:

6. Mackannovic

Mackannovic New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    You have one genuine Chelsea player John Terry the rest of your team have no ties to the club!

7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    other than their contracts, mind.

8. HubGunner

HubGunner New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    Boston
    "There can be no more damning indictment of the current Premiership than the status of El Hadji Diouf at Bolton. The culprit of the two most scandalous acts this season - spitting in the face of an opponent, and a dive at Blackburn that would have been funny if it wasn’t such an embarrassment to the game - he is still wanted by Bolton. And that’s not just Bolton the club - who, on the back of Diouf scoring six goals this term want to sign this serial spitter, dive and snarler on a long-term contract from Liverpool - but the club’s fans, too.

They don’t just tolerate this perennial cheat, they approve of him. And they don’t just approve of him, they apparently adore a player whose mere presence in the Premiership degenerates its reputation."

Certainly a very prescient column in regards to Diouf and his behaviour today. Come to think of it the entire Bolton squad was a disgrace today.

Still I think there's too much sour grapes against Chelsea.

9. Sharpieman

Sharpieman New Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Near SF, California
    Chelsea didn't "buy" the title. Jose has done a wonderful job and Chelsea are a great team. There is an amount of jealousy right now in the media and among fans because their upset that theres 3 teams capable of winning the EPL year after year.

I'll give Chelsea their congrats. However, I have a distain for RA. Its not the fact that he has so much money that he's put into the club. Its the fact that he's a criminal and he's not an honorable man.

10. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Nobody leads a whiter than white life sunshine, probs not even the Pope. If Roman did those things in the past, they are in the Past. He is now an upstanding member of the community. He rocks in my house.

Ps. Lets all be friends, we do live in the same World, pffffffffft.

11. Finquin

Finquin New Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Well, first of all: There's nothing wrong if you know how to win games. Jose Mourinho seems to know that. So what? Isn't that just a proof of his manager skills? I think so too. Ok, he has more money to use than anybody else, but he still is a great manager. He makes football stars play for the team. Look at Real Madrid and you know what I'm talking about.

And is it wrong if some team is lucky to have a rich boss sitting in the office? No, it surely isn't. Roman is a successful busines man, and he seems to know what he is doing. He's spent lots of money (200 million?) in 2 seasons, but look at the result: Chelsea just beat Barcelona, the only team I thought could stop Chelsea in UCL. Chelsea are heading to EPL championship, and if you ask me, I think Chelsea will be the team lifting the UCL trophy.

Chelsea has a great basement (is that the right word for this?) for the team already. Cech, Terry, Robben, Makelele. They are all in the top 3 of the world on their own positions. (IMO Drogba was a stupid purchase. He doesn't represent the money he was paid. His idiocy almost cost Chelsea millions of pounds, when he got the red card against Barcelona. He was really lucky to have such good team mates he has. He owes John Terry a career.) For next season Chelsea will possibly buy few more players, and get rid of some needless players, like Kezman.

Ummm.. Seems like the things I wrote don't deal with the topic...

12. Rafalution

Rafalution New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    Liverpool
    Youv've got to remember tho, 18 league titles can't be wrong. Liverpool will have their day soon. I have the upmost faith in Rafa

13. Jasonisimo

Jasonisimo New Member

Jun 3, 2003
    Boston
    What an impossible task that is. That Mourinho will get any credit for his "accomplishment" of winning the title will be beyond me.

He won with the most expensively-assembled squad in history. Knight him!

14. Finquin

Finquin New Member

Jan 1, 2005
    So what? Jose coached Porto for UCL victory last season. Now Chelsea are dominating the EPL. And who is the manager of Chelsea? Yepp, Jose Mourinho.

15. Velvet

Velvet New Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Austria
    The Big Three? Wtf is that? So what!?

Enuff of bulldumpings. Lets get to the point. Right?

Jose Mourinho is n1 coach and his background is clearly in Argentina. He speaks like a born Mechelancho. Totally franchized!

He has made some nice purchases, for example buing Terry from Boston Otterssons. That's kidna insane compared to the transfer what oldie Ferguson did. He transfered some money to Cannavaros pocket? :confused:

That was kinda a odd transfer would I say. But yes, Mourinho is a clever one. He led Porto to the first Champ35 win in 73 years. Kinda of an achievement. I adore him and praise him highly. That's much from a high schooler weeee one. Ain't that?

Well, Ferguson has done a nice job too. Altho he can't beat Chelsea with the Russian bigpocket, he still got his balls left. He should make some serious trandfers to get some air unfer the fire burning in Manu's organisation. You know, the phrase well known in Finland. Kinda odd one still. Maybe my distortion, but still weeeeeeeeee.

16. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    hmmm, I concur.

17. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Could you answer me this question please;

Why is it that Arsenal fans think other teams should lie down and play dead when they face the 'mighty' gunners?

18. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Whilst I'm a fan of Big Sam generally, and they way you guys play, I did think they went slightly over the top on saturday... I thought Lauren showed good restraint not to lamp Stelios for walloping him from behind twice in 5 mins.
    But it was a good test for us, and we need to be able to withstand that style of game, so I would never expect any team to lie down, esp. Bolton. Would be nice occasionally tho ;)

Diouff, really good talent, complete arsehole I'm afraid...

19. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    At the moment, he's also on record pace for points in his first season in the EPL. You're right, anyone could have done it. :rolleyes:

20. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What Rubbish /condemning Premiership's Big Three

What a waste of debate. Your point mate Spanish, Italian, and German clubs do the same, and in Real Madrids case not very well
    Did you condem the year when Blackburn bought the Premier Championship did you???? I would be very happy if ManUtd the richest club in the world, Offered Liverpool $40 million for Gerrard, and I think Offering Spurs some money for there Keane would be worth some millions too, Keane is a World class forward in need of a team. No doubt Arsenal and Chelsea will splash money arround the world for players close season, I say to all the Millionares in every city in Britain get your wallet out and help your local team compete. Not taking the reverse position.

The columunist failed to mention which league he thinks has got it right!!!

21. ports485

ports485 New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Phoenix, Flagstaff
    Can't see Ferguson buying either of those two. With Gerrard, there's no way Man U can compete with Chelsea and Real Madrid when it comes £20m+ transfer fees. A move to Chelsea would make the most sense for his career. Robbie Keane wouldn't have a chance in hell of playing over Van Nistelrooy or Rooney, he'd end up warming the bench with Saha and Smith. In terms of strikers, I'm quite willing to admit that Man Utd has the best depth in the EPL. Keane would be a waste.

Ferugson should buy Frey from Parma, Essien from Lyon, Sergio Ramos from Sevilla and possibly De Rossi from Roma. Dish Miller, Carroll, Ricardo, and Bellion to whoever actually wants them in order to raise some decent funds, maybe £5m. Total spending for those 4 young players would probably be the same for buying Gerrard (with RM and Chelsea driving the price up) and would benefit Man U as a club a lot more.

22. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Frey, Essien and deRossi would be very expensive.

23. ports485

ports485 New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Phoenix, Flagstaff
    I'd estimate they could get Frey for £4-5m, Essien for £15m and De Rossi for £12-15m. Remember that in a bidding war with Real and Chelsea, Gerrard could cost over £30m. Essien and Frey are the only two extremely vital acquisitions Man U needs to make. De Rossi and Sergio Ramos would just be nice, young additions to help build the future.

24. Eertamai

Eertamai New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    London
    Money doesn't buy titles? Eh? If Chelsea had not bought all these new players, they'd still be in the same position that they are now? Is this what you mean?

Ahhhh, my favourite response of all on a message board is the jealousy accusation. Surely you meant "ur jst jelez"?

25. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lyon values Essien at 25 million pounds, which sounds crazy until you think about what Chelsky paid for Drogba.