Grant Wahl's 2013 Ambition Rankings

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Jan 3, 2013.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly think it's that. It's not like they're not trying ... they're just terrible at what they're doing. The ambition is there, the execution isn't.

Revolution909 and RevsLiverpool repped this.
  2. Bradman

Bradman Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    This is SO unfair...Chivas pays for cool graphic tarps for their downsizing. We have local WalMart blue outside the undersized Fort tarp.

Chivas got screwed.

Revolution909 repped this.
  3. Bradman

Bradman Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    And what's up with the mini-Fort tarp? Hmmm, let's make it seem not totally empty, but mostly empty in the supporters section by buying an undersized tarp!
    (Kraft's BC Sports Management Interns High-Five, press "purchase", and then patrol BS to defend football lines on the field during Revs games)

4. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Passion compels you to write repeated letters complaining about a sports franchise? I know plenty of passionate sports fans, but I don't know any that would do that. I understand there are passionate sports fans, and most fans complain to each other, or very briefly on local sports radio. Writing to a national journalist - what does that accomplish?

5. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Who said that they're writing repeated letters? Like I said before, Wahl is most likely talking about interactions he's had over social networks and in person at MLS events.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never written a letter to any or anything, but the difference in what you're saying is MLS fans don't have the availability of sports radio. We have to try and go right to the writers, and hope that they discuss the issues that the fans see. They generally don't, but I think if they see enough comments, they might, and that's the hope.

7. Supahhhrev

Supahhhrev Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Dorchestah, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JD is there sports radio that covers the Revs? What # are they on the am dial I have a few complaints I'd like to voice.
    Never written to a journalist by the way.

Thanks,
    -Beau

patfan1 repped this.
  8. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    Well, in this case it resulted in a national journalist publicly stating that he receives "more correspondence from New England [Revolution] fans angry at their ownership than from any other team's supporters." Which communicates the fact that said fans are of the mind that the Krafts' operation and oversight of their Major League Soccer franchise is woefully inadequate. Further, it is a pretty solid indication that the supporters in question were hoping to get the national journalist they wrote to call-out the Krafts in his writing in order to publicly shame the investor/operators of the Revolution into committing more time, money, effort, and passion into the stewardship of their MLS property.

Unfortunately for these disgruntled Revolution supporters, the Krafts' willingness to simply collect their share of Soccer United Marketing revenue while waiting for the fortunes of truly dynamic Major League Soccer operations such as Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland, Kansas City, Houston, and Salt Lake to raise the value of all MLS franchises seems to have trumped the media-whore love for the limelight that Bob and Jonathan so often succumb to as owners of their beloved NFL Patriots.

It would seem that Kraft père et fils are of the mind - and rightfully so - that this country's national soccer press doesn't enjoy the profile, or carry the clout, of the sports media circus covering the "Big Four" pro leagues and major-college sports. Still, it is understandable why indignant supporters of the Krafts' MLS team would be moved to attempt to shame them via the process I've outlined.

Well... understandable to all but the most dedicated of Kraft apologists, such as yourself.

9. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm not saying that Kraft does a good job with the Revs, but now we have Grant Wahl writing about how bad Revs fans think of the ownership. So what? Is Kraft going to change because of that?

As for the unavailability of Revs sports talk on the radio, why don't you guys start an internet radio show so you can all call in complain, and even save it as a podcast. You can even tweet or poke Grant Wahl after every episode and provide a 140 character summary of the complaints of each show.

10. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You don't think that being trashed in the media reflects poorly on the Revs and the Kraft? You don't think that this type of stuff gets back to Don Garber and MLS HQ?

11. agoo101284

agoo101284 Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't think Don Garber and MLS HQ have noticed how poorly the Revs have done and how limited the ownership involvement and investment appears to be?

Also, you think Don Garber can really do anything about it? What is he going to do? Penalize the Revs by taking away draft picks or allocation dollars? That would be a huge help. Is he going to force Kraft to sell the team? Who would he sell it to? I know Henry owns Liverpool and DiBenedetto owns Roma, but are they interested in investing in MLS?

JDEsq09 and Crooked repped this.
  12. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, the truth is, the league needs losers as well as winners. The NFL has the Buffalo Bills, MLB has the Pittsburgh Pirates and the K.C. Royals. NBA has the Raptors.... MLS has the Revs and Chivas. It's all good.

13. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all good ... except for the fans of those teams.

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I defy anyone to tell me that Kraft isn't ambitious!

It's really too bad that the original videos were taken down, this was absolutely hilarious.

15. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    No, it's good. When we complain, it just makes more problems. We are a problem and should just shut up and love everything about the team.

Oh wait. You mean that a national comlumnist actually acknowledging fan discontent might be noticed?

Stop complaining! You're making me nervous. Something might change to upset this awesome status quo!

Kevin D.

RevsLiverpool, shanary, Crooked and 2 others repped this.
  16. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

17. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    But the Pirates have a nice new stadium, the Royals stadium is nice and renovated and every 3 seasons the Bills spend money on players.

The Revs are the sum of all the bad parts of the worst teams in American sports...and this is the result.

Crooked repped this.
  18. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You guys exaggerate the "suffering." A thread recently had commenters debating which one has shed more tears for this team. Really? LOL

As was already expressed, what is Garber going to do to Kraft after reading Wahl's ambition ranking? Probably nothing. The status quo sucks, bit not complaining isn't going to change anything and complaining isn't going to change anything either.

So, when presented with 2 options that will reach the same result, go with the one that takes the least effort . . . and don't shed any tears over that.

19. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What?

20. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet again, I suffer the regret from having read some comments from JDEsq09.

Kraft Out, shanary and Doublecard repped this.
  21. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Complaining about it won't change that either, unless you want to tweet to Grant Wahl about me.

That should be my new goal, to be the Bob Kraft of Big Soccer Revs forum commenters that is so bad that it draws numerous tweets to Grant Wahl that he includes me in a column about awful soccer fans.

22. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'll try to find it but is was basically someone said that the Revs made them cry, and someone else responded that the Revs have made them cry even more . . . or it was all a bad dream.

23. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't remember anything like that?

24. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be careful, your fellow KAD (KapeGuy) doesn't like it when you laugh derisively at us...

Kraft Out repped this.
  25. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    I agree that if _I_ were to complain, not much would change. If enough people complain _and_ a large media outlet begins to realize that there just may be some valid reason for complaint, I call that progress. More than is made sitting silently. Some may even call it Capitalism or Free Market.

IE: Product Sucks... customers complain (and even boycott)... a _caring_ company would take it to heart and make efforts to change. It's in their interest if they want their product to be competitive.

Do I expect an Ultimatum from Garber to Kraft because of my little voice? Not by itself. But awareness being raised through mass voices and media awareness is louder. A good chunk of the fanbase being disgruntled should not be ignored.

Kevin D.