Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Lol, at not seeing the talent in Morata and 'lol' even harder at using "we" when talking about the Italian NT from a guy who is about as Italian as I am. Considering some of the guys EC7 has seen talent in over the years I think it's safe to say Morata will be a world beater in the next three years :ROFLMAO:

RMSocrates repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't hate Guiza, never have, he's an entertaining character, but i agree that that's where Diego Costa is right now.

3. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    :D I was just going to post this, If I was Morata I would be happy with EL7's talent scouting on him. EL7 reminds me of one of my buddies who whenever he suggests something to me I tend to do the opposite and it's always the right decision lol.

Zidane05 repped this.
  4. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My family had great relations with Italy politically and they accepted us many-a- time to their country. Do not speak in my name again; unless if you want to be wrong.

5. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Bwahaha! Don't try and show off for n00bs now, you know all the regulars know you're a bit of a tosser. And stop getting so worked up "c'mon no need for the aggressive attitude" :ROFLMAO:

6. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Show off? Why are you acting like you're 13 years old? I'm not being aggressive at all.

I would disagree that the regulars think I'm a "tosser". Everyone here including you knows I know my football.

7. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    "Do not speak in my name again; unless if you want to be wrong." No you weren't being aggressive at all just doing your best Little Miss Bossy Pants impression right?

Tell us more about how intertwined with Italy you are, convince us you and a slice of Ellio's pizza don't have the same Italian roots and connections...

Bwahaha! I've had a long day and this part made me laugh out loud, I think I might have even peed my pants a little. Laughter is indeed good for the soul.

But off with you, I'm done....I've wasted too much time with you already....

8. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    BWAHAHA! Okay.o_O

I'm thinking this is not the same mymy. You didn't used to be so lame.

9. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hey were you the guy that said Diego Capel > Messi?

10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean they're not the same player?

Minduchio, Aimar 21, MadridOzil and 4 others repped this.
  11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Did this actually happen??

12. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    He did it again... o_O

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  13. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007

Something is wrong with this kid. Down 2 - 1. Title race on the line, not a lot of time left, and the world's best player in front of you in a great position to score. What do you do? Well one thing you don't do is, you don't try dribble the entire defense and go for a outside the box shot!

This is one of the reasons he is on the bench. You just know that Bale, Benzema and Di Maria would 9/10 times pass that ball.

sleepyvato50 and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  14. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I think it's even more worrying that he keeps repeating the very same mistake. This wasn't the first time, nor the second time. And he's been getting stick for it both times previously. So what does he do? He does the same thing one more time. Ronaldo's reaction is obviously over the top but I can understand his frustrations. They must have gone over this thing with him time and time again, and this is how he responds to it?? Very disappointing. No wonder Ancelotti doesn't trust him.

15. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Beginning to feel like he needs to be loaned out or something to get some consistent, lower-pressure playing time under his belt. Shit like this will only erode his confidence before he's ready.

raven3k repped this.
  16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He doesn't seem to care though, especially about Ronaldos reactions (which deserve a throat punch).

I've been saying whole season that he needs more playing time, he's pretty talented despite what some of you here say about him, but he does seem the kind of player who would benefit more from playing than training.

I only remember the one vs Valencia and the one vs Rayo iirc.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  17. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    The club played this one really bad. We still had time to loan him in January as it was obvious he wont get much playing time. At least the undeserved hype he got after under 21 finals is fading away. That's good for everyone involved, and specially for him.

18. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he did it twice versus Schalke.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I believe he needs to play more, but I don't think this is because of playing time. If he played way more minutes do you see him doing anything differently there?

I know I don't. He just seems like he doesn't care and will do what he wants.

-Fifth CharM- repped this.
  20. Dr.Hexagon

Dr.Hexagon Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    While I don't disagree completely with any of the points that were made I want to point out that Morata had to watch our offence fumble around all night before he came on. Benzema had little to no impact on the game and our only goal up to that point came from our CB so it's not like the team were clicking offensively. If Benzema, Bale or Di Maria took the shot that Morata did this would be a non issue.

You can forgive the kid for feeling like he needed to breathe life into the offence and his shot (which was the only one he actually took) wasn't that bad either, he just got underneath it a little too much. I don't know about all of you but if a centre forward takes one shot after being subbed on I don't think it's the end of the world, especially not in an open game which our match against Valencia was. He's done it before yes but it's been during garbage time when games were already decided, in those cases it was just stat padding, which is not a good thing to be fair.

Maybe instead of saying things like "He doesn't care" which I find hilariously wrong considering his loyalty to Madrid and "No wonder Carlo doesn't trust him" because If Carlo didn't he wouldn't have subbed him on, we should be looking into accepting that he tried to get the attack going which he managed to do against Levante away this season (a game where in my opinion he had a large part in us winning).

So while his decision to shoot was ill advised please put down the pitch forks people, Morata is not the reason we drew the game.

mymy33 repped this.
  21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    - If Benzema took that shot his thread would be 20 pages longer. Not full of joyous praise, might I add.
    - If Di Maria took that shot the conversation would be about how brainless he is.
    - If Bale took that shot, Bale and Florentino haters would be riding high.

I'm tired of this Morataguilt and the Morataexcuses. He is a full time professional and continually makes this terrible decisions. It was the reason he wasn't getting minutes in the first place.

It was a terrible decision. Even the goal keeper is leaning heavy toward the far post. So the smart decision is to take the curling shot right at him? At worst if he passes we get a corner from a GK who had to dive almost the length of the goal to make a stop at best we score.

Loyalty to Real Madrid? Please support this loyalty with facts. From what I've seen his agent has been shopping him to anybody who would listen since like December.

Loyalty like that?

Carlo subbed him on because he was desperate and Benzema was crap. If Jese were healthy what do you think happnes?

Now you are putting lipstick on a pig. He did not attempt to get the attack going he made a selfish mistake he has consistently made throughout this season. If he were getting the attack going he would have passed the ball to the best player in the world the three times he could have to set that player up with a one-on-one opportunity.

Nobody has pitch forks and nobody has said we lost because of Morata. Not anywhere from any of the regulars above did we say we don't rate him. His mistake was a glaring late one, one he seems to not care enough to change considering he has been punished for doing so and still continues these same exact errors.

It is something of concern, no differently than 'space-cadet' Benzema, Cristiano 'diva' Ronaldo, Gareth 'dribble 'em all' Bale and so on.

22. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Regulars have called Morata " stupid" and not Madrid material...true story. The "criticism" of him for this is over-the- top just like it is sometimes for Benzy, Bale or whoever....for example the mistake certainly isn't wall of text worthy.

23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    #248 9Qui, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    I remember the play versus Elche and Schalke.

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Valencia this weekend.

Rayo or whoever it was a while ago.

That's two.

9Qui repped this.
  25. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    LOL, you're right, I'm a bit confused. :D

He did it against Elche and again against Schalke. I don't remember it against Rayo. Perhaps you're thinking of Elche?