Grêmio FBPA [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 17, 2002.

1. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    both are corrected. The Arena will belong to Grêmio, but the name will be ICBC Arena. Or not, after all, the deal is still not closed.

I just did not understand why the "lol". Its a very good deal... R$30 million a year, as reported.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just ironic how its named after a Chinese bank I never said they owned the stadium obviously the deals for naming rights.

3. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    well, the deal is not closed yet. There are other interested companies. And why would it be ironic for it to be named after a chinese bank? It would be ironic if Gremio had some kind of history about considering chinese people inferior or something like that... :p

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    There's nothing wrong wtih that! Look at all the stadiums here who pay for their name to be used on it. Staples center, Fed ex field, Home Depot Center, etc. etc.

5. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    "old" photos from November 2nd

Credits: Vitos Kasling
    Sorry for the photos being old, but these are some beautiful views from the 4th ring

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nice Stadium. I just read an article yesterday about the "telao americano". They were making a big deal about it being 96 m^2 and that it will be an attraction. But the funny thing was when they mentioned the one in Dallas being 1072 m^2.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    AcesHigh, what do you think is going to happen in that stadium when you have a Grenal? I'm fearing that some Colorados will vandalize the stadium similar to what happened at Engenhao on a few occasions.

8. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    damages in a stadium caused by the visiting fans is paid by the club. In other words, if Colorados vandalize the Arena, Inter will pay. If gremistas vandalize the reformed Beira Rio stadium, Grêmio will pay.

9. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    this image from O Globo shows the 4 rings with chairs...
    [​IMG]

10. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Are there going to be individual seats throughout the stadium? No more avalanche?

11. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Look the third photo of post 280. At the right side there is a huge area without chairs.that's the avalanche area.

12. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

unfortunatelly, due to terrible referee mistakes last night, Grêmio Arena wont be hosting the Sudamericana final.

well, Tim Vickery has been telling lately about a coach, I think in Chile, that is training his team CONSIDERING terrible referee mistakes... like having one or two men being sent off, bad linesmen that call unfair offsides against their team and "forget" to call offsides when its the other team attacking, biased referees, etc.

So his team will learn to ADAPT to bad refereeing instead of losing the match and complaining afterwards.

I think thats an awesome idea.

13. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    video from 10 days ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from 20km away
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    44 hours to innauguration!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bolivianfuego and NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gremistas, can I get your thoughts on Paulo Pelaipe?

17. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Came here to ask the same thing.

18. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Grêmio has one of the best teams in Brazil right now...

in the attack: Eduardo Vargas, Barcos, Marcelo Moreno, Kleber Gladiador, Welliton

goalkeepers: Dida (hmmm) and Marcelo Grohe

defenders (including the fullbacks, who in Brazil, are actually widewings): Fabio Aurelio (too bad he has glass bones), André Santos, Cris, Pará, Werley.

midfield: Zé Roberto, Elano, Adriano, Souza, Fernando, Bertoglio

plus quite a few youngsters who are quite good and will improve with experience: Jean Deretti (midfield), Lucas Coelho and Yuri Mamute (attack), Saimon and Bressan (defense)

in other words, Luxemburgo has no excuses now. ALL the responsability is on him, with such a team at his disposal.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Your team and Fluminense have absolutely no excuses NOT to qualify from group 8. I do not mean to disrespect Caracas or Huachipato, but however much Venezuelan soccer has grown in recent time, there is no way Caracas should be able to keep teams w/ the rosters that Fluminense and Grêmio have. Huachipato, if I'm not mistaken, is in its first Libertadores. Fluminense has no Copas to its credit but it's been building its copeira history. Your team has two Copas.

I expect your team and Fluminense to come out of this group, and displaying their superiority over their opponents. With Deco, Wellington Nem, etc on one side and Vargas, Barcos, Elano, Z. Roberto, Dida, etc. on another, getting to the oitavas-de-final undefeated should be a realistic goal for both your team and Fluminense.

And once in the mata-mata, I also expect great things from Fluminense and Grêmio.

20. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    its a weird group so far. Gremio lost 3-1 to Huachipato. They actually played very well, and it was the first match together of half of Grêmio´s players. So as Luxemburgo said, we have a great group of players, but not a great TEAM yet.

however, against Fluminense, Grêmio played very well and won 3-0.

So, has Grêmio managed to form a team? Not so fast imho. Probably the whole difference was the style of play of the adversary. Huachipato was a VERY FAST team. The lack of "entrosamento" (whats the english word for that?) among Grêmio players could not cope with Huachipato´s speed.

Against Fluminense, a slower team, the lack of entrosamento was not so evident and it was more possible for the "individualities" to shine.

21. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Team chemsitry?

22. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    That's how I translate in my my head whenever I see it. And used as a verb, I'd say mesh.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Renato Gaucho returns as the new coach.

24. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    took a few matches to get things in order (some wins, some defeats, some ties), just like the first time he coached Gremio in 2010. And now he got 3 victories in a row, 2 of them away victories, with 9 goals scored, 3 conceded (and two of those conceded were an own goal and a ball that deflected on the wall and fooled the goalkeeper).

in 2010 Renato picked Grêmio on the relegation zone and finished 4th, after making 43 points on the Second Turn of the Brasileirão.

Since he picked the team in a much better position (and much earlier) this year, and is 3rd on the table right now with 25 points, still 4 rounds to go in the first half of the league, if he keeps the good progress, we can be champions. I can only hope, since we are on the dry since 2001.

25. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    now, 5 victories in a row in the Brasileirão plus a 2-0 win over Santos taking us to quarter finals of Copa do Brasil.

if Grêmio wins over Goiás at Serra Dourada (playing this tuesday, very weird day for a brasileirão game), next two matches will be against Portuguesa and Náutico. Grêmio will have a good chance of making 8 victories in a row and if Cruzeiro slips, we have good chances of going to first place.

But that will depend a LOT on the Goiás game. Our luck is that fatty Valter of Goiás, their goalscorer, probably wont play against Grêmio.

As for Portuguesa, they won 4-2 over Bahia, but they scored 3 goals in the first 7 minutes, a clear indication that Bahia entered the match on sleeping mode. Excluding the stupid first 6 minutes, where Bahia was clearly in complete stunned disarray, the score would be 2-1 to Bahia. What I mean is that Portuguesa is not that good just because it won 4-2 over what was then the 7th placed club.