GOP Failure Watch Part III

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simpson/Bowles was dead before it even had its first meeting. The only way out of the debt crunch is to enact both spending cuts and tax increases and with the Tea Party running the show on the Republican side of the fence, there was never any chance that tax increases would make it through Congress.

2. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As true as that may be, I seem to remember in Obama's speech at the DNC, he said something about spending our peace dividend on building schools, bridges and highways.

Wait, didn't we borrow the money for the wars?

He has no interest in paying down the debt. None.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=160724925

Look! It's a lefty-friendly link as well.

3. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nope. Where did you get your economic degree? We spent nearly a trillion dollars and all we have to show for it is a trillion dollars of debt. What you are seeing now is a lack of confidence our government's commitment to reducing the debt and an administration that doesn't understand business, large or small.

4. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not even trying any more.

GiuseppeSignori repped this.
  5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Neither have Romney and Ryan.

That's horseshit. He hasn't named a single bloody tax break he'd terminate. Not one!

And? That link is using averages - once the top 1% get massive tax cuts the average will look good. And that's before he starts eliminating tax deductions, which he'll have to do, right?

No, it's not just vague, it's a plan whose numbers don't add up. Literally.

What do you want him to do?

6. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey brah...

[​IMG]

7. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    You see the news today? QE3... I realize you aren't bright enough to read those tea leaves but trust me, it is not the sign of a healthy recovery.

8. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am realize?

9. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    U R

10. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

11. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

fascinating...do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

12. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

DynamoEAR and dapip repped this.
  13. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Another way Reeps try to move the goalposts is to pretend that the US economy exists in complete isolation from the rest of the world, as if what is happening in Europe and China has absolutely no impact on us. Of course, given the [sarcasm]total success [/sarcasm] of austerity in Europe, if I was a Reep I'd try to ignore the international situation too.

14. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or to pretend that they were not actors in the drama...

this mess we are in right now is a policy victory for the GOP...they own this disaster by their unwillingness to take any action on trying to fix it...I blame Obama for not holding their feet to the fire for the obstructionism, but to claim this economy is his solely fault is to completely ignore the past and to outright LIE

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/f...-road-to-jeb-bush-2016---a-fistful-of-awesome

See the part towards the end where Romney claims that they tried working with Obama...and JS calls him a Mother Fvkking LIAR

GiuseppeSignori repped this.
  15. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You know what new Republican pastime is taking the nation by storm?

It's Solyndra Mentioning! It's almost as fun as "You Didn't Build That" Mentioning and way more topical than Alinsky Mentioning. Come on guys, let's grab a sixpack and play Solyndra Mentioning!

16. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You left off "skin in the game."

That Phat Hat repped this.
  17. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Next week its 'Fast and Furious' again.

Every one of these t-party distraction bills are right in character with the movement. Both the T-party and these bills are Old Cat Ladies - waiting to die-in-the-house unnoticed.

18. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    HBO or Cinemax? Are they showing the 5 movies?

:D

19. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just finished reading the Obama Failure Thread Part V and am now completely numb to any political phenomena going on right now. I thought right-wing trollery couldn't get worse but then Schapes blew that notion out of the water. If this is the GOP's future, every day between now and forever = failure.

dapip, raza_rebel and fatbastard repped this.
  20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just had fun reading about WIllard 'gaffe-tastic' Romney...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/12/mitt-romney-middle-east-attacks_n_1879413.html

The gunfire at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, had barely ceased when Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney seriously mischaracterized what had happened in a statement accusing President Barack Obama of "disgraceful" handling of violence there and at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.

I suppose it helps I don't actually live there so it will only affect me remotely, (hopefully :eek:), if he's elected but, I have to say, I'm beginning to wonder if it might be fun if he gets in :)

A bit like someone said before about a possible Sarah Palin presidency. It would be like a 4 year white-water rafting holiday... you probably wouldn't survive but, if you did, you'd have a lot of crazy-arse pictures. :D

chaski and GiuseppeSignori repped this.
  21. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I heard that statement this morning as I was getting dressed. Nearly lost contol of my zipper.

It was funny how the next quote was the dog whistle about Obama's foreign policy being all about appeasing our enemies and offending our allies.

THAT, Rick, is why smart people will never be on your side. Stupidity will always be the enemy of intelligence.

23. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hmmm. The Koch brothers are intelligent, as are the Romneys and the Trumps. And they are as elite as they come, if elite means damned rich and damned powerful and having the road of life paved for them. Those guys like Rick just fine thanks much.

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think Rick and everyone else (that doesn't vote Repug) realizes that the pupeteers are fairly intelligent, but most of the puppets are not exactly geniuses...

25. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Wait, what?

ElasticNorseman and taosjohn repped this.