GOP Failure Watch Part II

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or maybe, your dad excepted, they doth protest too much. It's still creepy.

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Convention arrangements are almost done!!!!

[​IMG]

3. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    My college roommate who wanted to ******** every girl he saw as an 18 year old, has his high school senior in a chastity belt.

Only a slight exaggeration.

Really, I don't get it. Really really I don't. Guys are weird.

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You think Rmoney has the nomination in his pocket? Think again...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/romney-rules-changes-could-spark-gop-convention-fl

The change, pushed by the Romney campaign's top lawyer Ben Ginsburg originally allowed candidates to select all the delegates bound to them in state contests. Now it allows candidates to refuse the delegate, requiring another in his or her stead to be selected by the state.
    "The bottom line is that the change adopted today essentially allows the Presidential campaigns to pick there own delegates, which makes it a complete insider's ballgame and allows a bunch of Washington D.C. consultants to decide who does and doesn't get to be a delegate," said South Carolina delegate Drew McKissick.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/0...tion-turns-on-party-leadership-at-convention/

The delay in the convention start due to Hurricane Issac has delayed the vote to overturn the proposed measure, but it is clear that Texas is not going to let anything like a little rain stop them. They are pushing to have the measure voted for on the floor of the convention tomorrow. With Romney only holding a 152 delegate hold on the nomination, any attempt to force the state of Texas with its 105 delegates for Romney into line could backfire badly on the presumptive nominee.

5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    There is no GOP Success thread, but the success at the GOP into manipulating the mainstream media to tell its story can also be viewed as a type of failure. So here it goes.

That's from the Republican national platform.

Alright, all of you. If your company moves from a defined benefit retirement plan (traditional pension with guaranteed benefit) to a defined contribution benefit retirement plan (401(k)), would we call that a significant change? Would we say that the company is changing its retirement plan as we know it?

Yes and yes.

Yet last year FactCheck called the allegation that the Ryan plan -- that is, the plan that changes from Medicare from defined benefit to defined contribution -- would change Medicare as we know it "the lie of the year."

From defined benefit to defined contribution. A small change. Nothing big. If you say otherwise, you are a liar.

Can we get a press that doesn't work for the Republican Party?

GiuseppeSignori repped this.
  6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that is part of the reasoning, men remember how they treated women when they were younger and think other men are going to treat their daughters the same way so they try to protect them (or in some cases in my extended family forcing them to marry young to get away from over bearing fathers).

I see something similar with jealous dudes, I find the bigger the dog the dude is, the more jealous he is with his wife/girlfriend, must be a mentality of “if I am cheating, then she must also be cheating”.

7. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Yep. Projecting.

My son went to a high school dance as a freshman, one of those Sadie Hawkins events where the girl asked him. He was 14 years old, his voice was still cracking. The girl was 15 and she was ahem womanly. The dad was all over my son, checking him out before the dance, questioning him afterwards. Clearly suspicious and wanting my kid to know that he'd better not try anything.

A few years later, my son confirmed what I suspected. "She practically tried to rape me. I wasn't going to do any of that stuff, I hid from her all evening."

I figure the dad was a young horndog like his daughter, and he projected that behavior onto my kid. My son in hindsight thought it was hilarious. He said omigoodness that girl did not need protecting, that he was the one who should have been warned.

8. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Convention looks like fun...

Go Paulbots!!!!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/..._rejected-maine-delegation-makes-itself-heard

Landon St. Peter from Oakland, Maine, is one of the 20 Ron Paul delegates who was denied his official spot.
    "I don't think it's very fair. I think it's cheating," he said of the RNC credentials committee's decision. "They bent the rules in their favor, to try to shut us up, so we couldn't nominate Ron Paul for president. ... I would make them live up to their ideals of inclusiveness and fairness."
    When asked what else they have planned, he replied, "There's going to be a lot of action today. I think it's going to be very exciting."

11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, this is some serious, grade-A racism right here.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...o_mercer_middle_easterners.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

She's expected to win her primary today. I hope the GOPers run from her like they've done with Akin. You can't hold all GOPers responsible for this kind of nutjob. All you can do is hope they do the right thing for the country.

12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What party is he talking about?

13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This party...

[​IMG]

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  15. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arabs and mexicans look the same???

wow.

16. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    I have a temptation to take a look at the Craigslist personals listings for Tampa Bay this week. Im on a resisting temptation effort these days so Ill leave it to the weak.

17. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    And Iranians. :D

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, but she's right though. :eek:

It's the same with white collar crime and those white people. String 'em up I say, it's the only language they understand.

19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    She should know better...

She was born in Mexico ..

21. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    OK that's a good line. And it's not from one of The Economist's blogs, nor is it from a columnist. It's an unsigned article in the leaders' section, meaning it's The Economist's official take on Romney's economic plan.

http://www.economist.com/node/21560864

23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That fella wasn't a Millwall supporter back in the 70's, was he?

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001