GOP Failure Watch Part II

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not saying he is perfect by any means, just pointing out that how some people get labeled as crazy while others who support the most vile policies that are responsible for killing untold innocent people are never so labeled.

2. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Too bad Senator Feingold is gone; there's a man who was good on all of it.

GiuseppeSignori repped this.
  3. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL

The Wall Street Journal/GOP has been saying for several years now that inflation is just around the corner, despite what the left says. At what point does the Republican orthodoxy confess that it does not understand macroeconomics?

Yeah I know. Never. Kinda sad that the party of big business is bad at economics, though.

4. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Fixed.

5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Coincidentally, Krugman writes about this today -

The Republican mindset dominates the business media, as Republicans are the party of business and the business media isn't much interested in writing about lefty theories. And this is the result, a public that is deeply wrong about economics and deeply unaware that it is deeply wrong.

6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Funnily enough that was discussed over here where the Bank of England was asked about how they intended to 'unwind' the £375Bn they've found down the back of the couch over the past few years.

7. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    for the lolz, watch joe arpaio's birther announcement :D

8. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  9. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...ns-wife-makes-conservative-blogger-look-silly
    The blogger emailed Schultz on July 9 to say, smugly: "Dear Ms. Shultz, We are doing an expose on journalists in the elite media who socialize with elected officials they are assigned to cover. We have found numerous photos of you with Sen. Sherrod Brown. In one of them, you appear to be hugging him. Care to comment?"
    [See: Latest political cartoons]
    "Dear Mr. [Name Deleted]: I am surprised you did not find a photo of me kissing U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown so hard he passes out from lack of oxygen. He's really cute. He's also my husband. You know that, right?"
    A week has passed, but Schultz says she's received no response from the blogger. "Waiting, I'm waiting...." the columnist wrote on her Facebook page Tuesday.

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shouldn't that be silliER?

11. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
  12. MattR

MattR Member+

Jun 14, 2003
    Reston
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Who decides who runs for president... we do, we do

13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/john-sununu-obama_n_1679803.html

It was a tour-de-force performance for the former New Hampshire governor, whose demonstrated willingness to throw punches has made him the wartime consigliere for the Romney campaign. But moments after Sununu said on a conference call Tuesday morning that he wished Obama "would learn how to be an American," he tried to clarify and downplay the remark.

From wikipedia...

Sununu was born in Havana, Cuba, the son of Victoria (née Dada) and John Saleh Sununu, an international film distributor.[1] He is of Palestinian and Greek descent [2]. His father grew up in Jerusalem, Palestine and his mother was born in San Salvador, El Salvador, as part of the mass exodus of Palestinians abroad to seek a better life.[2][3] He is a Maronite Catholic.

Really?

14. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

PeanutFlush, ratdog, ElJefe and 4 others repped this.
  15. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Salvie and Palestinian? What, there were no Burmese available?

16. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Being a real American is not about ethnicity, it is about being a seek-and-destroy Republican.

17. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Now Mike, we tried to give you a second chance by moving you to Oklahoma and providing good schooling for you; but if you just won't learn how to be a true American we're going to have to send you back to Cambodia where you came from.

I assure you it hurts us more than it hurts you, but you should have thought of that before and taken a little responsibility on yourself...,

18. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    During the W. administration, it was all about being a 'Patriot' likely due to W.'s inability to pronounce the 'A' in American. And post W, with the whole Belichick filming scandal, it was best to go back to 'American' and drop Patriot as the code word.

19. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you deport me to Korea at least. Bitches are hotter there and have all their teeth.

Cambodian chicks are all missing a tooth or two.

Some times a foot from all the land mines and you don't want a footjob from a girl that only has a stub

DynamoEAR repped this.
  20. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Awesome. that looks like "Look at This ********ing Hipster," Indian edition.

21. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was unaware the Maronites considered themselves Palestinians...I thought they considered themselves Canaanites. A rare moment of slip-up from Wikipedia :cool:

22. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Add a pork pie hat and a fixed gear bicycle and he wouldn't even need a beard to qualify as a hipster.

23. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  25. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I must be a sick bastard this gave me a hard on.

hmmmm I wonder how much are plane tickets to Cambodia?