Goodbye to season 2002/3! It's been sh1te!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by jumhed, Apr 19, 2003.

1. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Since I was on last we've drawn to Leeds 2-2 and lost to Mansh1tty 2-0 at home. Several players have shown their true colours (the colour of poo, they sucketh hard!), and will hopefully be shown the door (hello Bunjecevic!). Toda finally got his debut and proved his worth by kicking ex-Arse Ian Wright's son Shaun Wright-Phillips off the pitch as his introduction to the Spurs faithful. Seriously though, Toda played well. He could do better, but he's much better than Bunjecevic and Freund. Time will tell.

Other hilarious news was that Daniel Levy, Spurs's Chairman announced that Hoddle was to have money to spend in the summer. 'I'm serious about this' he flobbed. Then came the news that he was releasing an immense 8 million pounds. I would've laughed if I hadn't been crying. For the time being, Spurs are a lost cause, destined to wander the mid-table spot off the Prem and keep going on about the 'Good Old Days' when we used to win things.

On a different note, any yanks watch Ali G? What do you think?

2. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Forza LUFC!!! :D...im not a yank(HELL NO!:D) but i've watched ali g a couple times hes pretty funny.

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus Christ. Spurs need a bit more than £8mil. We need another solid central defender (apart from Richards), a better midfielder than Jamie, and another forward/striker, or maybe 2.

Ali G is ************in nutts. What a great show.

4. Decent Guy

Decent Guy New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Outside NY
    We need a defensive midfielder, a decent striker, maybe another backup striker (we've already signed Qu Bo), and hopefully a creative midfielder. One of these has to be our captain.

Defensive midfield
    Scott Parker - good player, definite possibility, supposedly a Spurs fan
    Stilian Petrov - most likely a pipe dream but would be excellent and make a great captain
    Barry Ferguson - same
    John O'Brien - made some comments about wanting to play in a better league and play at d mid

Striker
    Kevin Phillips - cheap, would do the job
    Henrik Larsson - said he's leaving Celtic at the end of next year, would most likely be a top scorer, if he leaves ManU might pick him up first
    Bobby Zamora - supposedly good, we've been linked with him several times
    Morientes - Hmmm...well...no

I heard a rumor Rivaldo will leave AC Milan and we are back in for him also.

I don't really know who we could buy as a creative midfielder.

5. Decent Guy

Decent Guy New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Outside NY
  6. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It's strange because it's been those who I'd expect better of that have really let us down (Anderton, Sheri disappearing in every second half game he's played in this season (along with Poyet), Crappy Bunjee Jump, and a few others) Ziege (I'm joking about him, he's a dirty cripple)).

I'm actually wondering if George Graham's sacking was a good thing for us. Granted we played poo football under him, but we're playing poo football now. At least GG won something for us. He's statistically our best manager for the last 10 years. Woeful.

Tottenham's signing policy now is centred on buying young unknowns who wouldn't cost a packet and could be sold off for a massive profit if the time comes. Talk of Morientes and Rivaldo is a little far-fetched. I wish it wasn't.

Decent Guy, you have an odd fixation with the Scottish league. Barry Ferguson would be a perfect buy for Spurs, in that he's almost always injured. Petrov. I wish. Same for Larrson. I don't think Manure need him. As with most Scottish League 'Stars', he'll most likely end up at a crappy club like Bolton a la Flo, Reyna, Di Canio, Hooyidonk, Wallace, etc, etc.

Phillips is rumoured to be a Portsmouth target for 2.5mil. I think we could just about afford that. Levy would have us close the academy or something to fund the transfer.

Parker won't be allowed to leave Charlton for less than 6mil. Can't see it happening.

Going back to Ali G, have any of you guys seen his David Beckham and Posh Spice interview? It made me cry laughing. His current series (in da USAIIIII) is good but some of his older stuff is well worth checking out. Although the movie is crap.

7. Iason

Iason Member

Feb 7, 2003
    The Fort

One of the funniest skits ever.

8. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    We need to pick up at least 4 new players for next season.
    The ones I want are Phillips, Sunderland must realise now that he's not worth 12mill, Trevor Sinclair,Carrick, and a goalkeeper, either Sorenson or Russell Hoult. They're all going down this season, so should be reasonably priced, but we need more than £8 mil to spend.

9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets not forget the likliness that Davies will be sold in the close season.

I think if we can get Rivaldo he will come. I do believe he would have made a huge difference, and we'd be pushing very hard for Europe right now, if now actually there.

10. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    If Spurs sign Rivaldo then it will be something, but it will be just like when we had Klinsmann, big name great for the fans, but can he turn us into a top team alone. I doubt it. We should not sell davies, for less than 12m, we need our best players.