Gold Cup: Mexico vs. Panama (7/9/09) [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by sidspaceman, Jul 9, 2009.

1. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Dude, I've been wanting to rep you all ********ing day. You are on a ********ing roll.

Salud!

[​IMG]

2. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    HA! calcetin

No jodais apoco te creis español coño?

Vete al spazzo forum jillipollas, joder!

3. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Please don't quote the troll guys. He's been appropriately handled. Thanks.

4. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You called the team arrogant, how did you prove that and how would I defend that. You're talking about the mindset of individuals that are part of a team. Neither of us can prove whether they are or aren't.

You saying that you're a supporter of Mexico means dick to me dude, I don't know you and I have zero reason believe you. Would you go to someone's house as a guest and start talking shit about their family, carpet, drapes, the food. No you shut up and be respectuful until you're accepted as a friend and then you can speak your mind. You didn't do that, you came in here with some pseudo white flag and decided you were going educate us on our team, and educate how our forum should be run...gtfo with that shit noobert. Andyoure damn right I have a grudge with that shit forum, had you been here more than two facking seconds seconds you would know why.

And it isn't written anywhere that you have to be regular, it's understood...again you would know that if you'd been here more than a day. Btw you poor little victim, were held to the exact same standard in the nad forum. Them is the rules the unwritten rules...welcome to bigsoccer!

5. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sorry chief he quoted my response and I responded before reading your post.

6. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Nah homie, I deleted one of his posts and that is the one I was talking about. Keep on doing what you are doing.....you're doing great.

7. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Apparently we can have a USA vs. Mexico at the New Texas Stadium..

:)

Oh BTW Mexico already qualified to the next round... Is the pressure off?

8. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Torrado plays v.s Guadalupe we gonna suck

9. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sorry I meant Philly...

RDL will you go?

10. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    Don't be a pendejo right wingers are mostly right-footed so that they can cross with their dominant right-foot and Left wingers are left-footed so that they can cross with their dominat left. Barrera/Medina are right-footed and more effective on the right than on the left. Gio is naturally left-footed but does not favor one foot or the other, he can easily slot back to the left and cross with his dominate foot.

12. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've done that :D

13. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Im not blaming everything on ochoa but from what i could see i feel that he could have done more

they did respond and like I said the fans stop throwing beer behind the players benches, then the panamenos were heading back to the stands and the back up goalkeeper from panama picked up a waterbottle and threw it right at a Mexico fan. Then he continued to make it worse by taliking shit from his hand gestures he kept at pointing at the fan and himself and outside (we all know what he is trying to say).
    I do not know what was and what wasnt shown on tv but after that happened the fans began to continue throwing beer the players could not do anything about it (I was sitting front row in the corner where the players came out of the locker room into the field so I got to see all the action up close).

the ref has plenty to do with this, he should not have allowed to delay the game for so long, and if he is going to finish the game he should give the correct amount of time to finish the game.
    He lost control of the game very early, this game was not even physical it was completely abusive i was surprised the players action took the eating and did not react back.
    There was two charter buses from monterrey and many more come driving, they are the reason that help fill up the stadium, I think this has been the worst attendance I have seen here at reliant and even then it was 40k.
    Live music, tailgating, competitions yea its definately going to get bad regulating the sells of Beer would have been great too.
    yes,yes, no..
    Exactly but I think he should have just gotten on the refs face and not "kick"
    before the mexico game started, compean was standing near the locker room entrance, someone threw a paper airplane and bam right in the forehead. He could not figure what hit him until a fan told him then he told security and left, everyon in that lower section was cracking up.

mosco that.

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    That was a diffrent scenario as Hugo Sanchez had taken over the National team and was trying to implement his style of play and there was resistance from players who were loyal to the Lavolpe camp claiming that they did not understand el mas Machos tactics.

The main diffrence is that the majority of their players are in semi-pro teams and do not need to worry if they get injured; this is also their showcase to try and get noticed. I was listening to ESPN Deportes radio the morning after the match and one of the panelist was critisizing Gio's performance after the Panamanian's started to hack. And I am like wtf; the dood's future is still uncertain and getting injured would only make his current situation worse.

I do not get tired of mentioning Copa America (07) which is a great tourney to gauge Mexico's level; especially when the rivals take their top players which was the case last time around. Aguirre said it best the FMF made a mistake by sacking Hugo.

You are giving them too much credit. If they had better technique at midfield they would of been able to hold on to their two-nil lead over Brazil. Where was their technique in San Jose? Still, they are more consistant because they have been working together longer. Same coach; same tactics; the players know what their role is.

Yes it does; it has just been interupted too many times by the four coaching changes and the constant player shuffling. Not too recently there was a valid critisism about the number of players that have been called up to the national team. The key word here is consistancy.

[​IMG]

It is a shame that Torrado lost his form; the one he had in 02 made was reminiscent of Garcia Aspe. And it is also a shame that Pardo can not play as good with el Tri as he did in Stuttgart. I think by this point in the WC cycle Aguirre is not willing to try out a completely new set of DM's.

I will attribute that loss to the changing of the guard for the third time. It is no secret that the Nads have the Tricolor blue prints and it only makes thing's easier for them when their is coaching changes especially because for the most part the players remain the same. Same thing happened in 2000 when their dark reign over the Tri began.

They had not been able to win against Lapuente; but then Hugo was given the Tri-pumas then Arena got his first win over Mexico. Meza came in and lost every game possible; Aguirre suffered the same fate as did Lavolpe, Sven, and so on and so forth. The fact that Mexico is going through the same motions as almost ten years ago only shows that FMF did not learn their lesson.

I think we can all agree that briging in Sven was a mistake; not because he is not qualified but because it was the wrong time to bring in a coach not familiar with the region. Anyways, what do you expect from a team that has gone through three diffrent coaches and X number of players in one cycle.

It would not be the first time that the U.S has managed to hold their own at Azteca; they did it with Steve Sampson. However, knowing the Nads way of thinking they will not go into Azteca playing balls to the wall. They will play for the tie and look to secure their WC Qualification at home. In the event that they decide to venture past their own half I can forsee only a fifteen minute assult. And in all honesty I would welcome an attacking mentality from them; bring it b'tches.

It is too risky at this stage to try out a new set of inexperienced DM's. That and well the Tri has basically called up every available player. Luis Miguel Noriega will probably be the last of the new call up's and then it's back to the tried and tested.

I was actually pleased with Leandro's performance with el Tricolor. Who else is out there; well Edagr Pacheco deserves a second look by Aguirre.

The technique is there; Guardado, Gio, Vela, Nery, and Marquez all have what it takes. Sadly, we havent been able to consistantly field all of them at the same time.

15. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No que no

Concacaf strikes again
    Árbitro salvadoreño para el México-EU

el silbante Joel Antonio Aguilar Chicas, de El Salvador, será quien dirija el partido eliminatorio entre México y Estados Unidos que se realizará el próximo 12 de agosto a las 3 de la tarde.

http://www.record.com.mx/futbol/rbitro-salvadoreno-para-el-mexico-eu.html

16. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    holy sht.

i was at that game in houston and joel aguilar is the worst ref i've seen in 30+ years of going to stadiums.

17. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]