Gold Cup: Mexico vs. Panama (7/9/09) [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by sidspaceman, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    anyone that defends the classless naco acts from last night is a naco themselves

how can you defend that crap? it's not about bein all mighty and high, it's about having class and not bein such a savage. shit like that leaves a lastin impression on people and that stuff creates generalizations, blah blah...why would anyone take pride in being recognized as classless, etc? have some dignity

2. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. quijas

quijas Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    in gold cup the team is going to gio to much that why i think barrera should start because jagger is doing noting but that pass to gio like that they are able to work both wings and also gio can play second striker,AM, on the left,and on the right but the reason i think Augirre is playing him on the right is because he wants him ready for the august 12 game looks like he will have guardado on left and gio on the right

4. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The second the player refused to leave the ref shoulve summoned security to take his ass off, put him in the cart and wheel his has ass off. His job is to keep order which he didn't and to keep the game going.

5. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No one is defending what happened you stupid elitist. If people want to judge an entire ethnicity over a football game than that's their ignorance. They should know what this sport breeds. It's small potatoes compared to what happens in other parts of the world. If security was such a concern why not eliminate beer sales, why not create sections for opposing fans to create barriors? This whole checking oneself is bs, because it's not gonna happen. If you want to discourage the fake fan that is just there to create desmadre maybe they shouldn't make the tickets so cheap, like the 2 for 1 just to boost sales for this shit meaningless competition.

6. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dgreat where you at

7. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The pic shows Panamanians getting arrested

Aahh look at the Panamanians all of them are nacos. j/k

8. ElPibeDeOro

ElPibeDeOro New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Sillicon Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I agree, there wasn't much the ref could do about the crowd's behavior. What I don't understand is why isn't there a measure (security with shields? there are others..) that allow the player protection and a quick exit. Phillips was right to refuse to exit. A bottle in the head can kill you - epidural/subdural hematoma..

9. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What do you mean by guests? Are you saying most that were at the game live in Mexico. I seriously doubt that.

10. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    yup, from what i hear from friends sitting on that side the cops got the right guys, but some of our peeps where involved in it.

also, props to the all of our peeps that stopped this fight. since security was no existent (it was beyond pathetic) when the boxers got tired of punching normal civilians jumped in and separated this sht. i'm with you guys that this is also Reliant's, security, beer sales fault. it was that disorganized that civilians were stopping the punch-ups.

outside was worse. i mentioned to dgreat a couple pages back that there was a huge brawl post-game outside the NW gate between 15-20 people that went on forever because there was no security/police presence. it was blocking the pedestrian bridge that people use to get to the outlying lots.

btw, what i meant was that i'm a guest (res alien) and i'm assuming there's a lot of on this board/at the game in that same of situation.

11. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    from what i haer from my friend he said that the panamenians were provoking all night long in the stands and that alot of ppl just got tired of their shit and started to bash on them and throwing shit at them...and he said that alot of the panamenians went after their own as well for no apperant reason.

you can call me classless and naco or w.e i can care less of what happened with the crowd last night..i sure as hell wouldnt stand there and not do shit after being provoked...i dont know how ne of yall got raised but me..personally im not backing down from shit and so if ppl wana throw down then fack it...if i was there and ppl woulda said shit to me i probably would of gotten arrested...

12. ElPibeDeOro

ElPibeDeOro New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Sillicon Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    What I don't understand is why the focus of the thread is Phillips. The focus should be:

#1 - What Aguirre did was deplorable. Especially given his experience and stature/history as a coach. He never went for the ball. The ball was on the floor - he kicked to the mid upper body. I lost all respect for him yest. and I hope he receives a severe sanction.

#2 - Phillips was not smart to retaliate, mild as his push was.

#3 - The problem is that soccer has evened out throughout the world and Mexico has tried coaches, experienced or young w/o success. Yet the arrogance continues, thinking they can just walk on to the field and beat their opponent.

#4 - Most improved team in CONCACAF is the US followed by various others, Panama included..

#5 - Mexico still has good soccer and good players but they have to focus on playing their game and not trying to play a physical game, especially against teams with greater speed and strength. They also need a little more humility.

#6 - The actions of the Mexican crowd was deplorable. Yes, there are thugs everywhere but when 90% of the crowd is from a particular country and behaves likes this, sanctions need to be applied.

Enough said..

EPDO

13. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  14. ElPibeDeOro

ElPibeDeOro New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Sillicon Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    You are blaming it on the Panamenian crowd!? That is laughable.

Say no to clearly biased posts..

EPDO

15. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game was played in the states

ELFRANCO

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    whose sock are you?

A word to wise cut the trolling out.

17. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    No trolling of flames. You will be infracted. This is your one and only warning.

18. ElPibeDeOro

ElPibeDeOro New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Sillicon Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  19. Ecclesiastes2003

May 30, 2003
    [​IMG]

The look on his face is like "holy crap wtf did I just do?!?!"

20. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I love it how tough games or losses bring out the insects from beneath the rocks. It's just amazing how you never see any of these trolls in the Mexico forum until right after or the days after those types of games.

21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The funny thing is that Mexico didn't even play the USMNT last night and they are still out in full force trolling and creating socks.

22. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  23. ElPibeDeOro

ElPibeDeOro New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Sillicon Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  24. El Burro

El Burro Member

Jan 25, 2009
    San Pancho, Califas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The crowd's behavior is 100% Concacrap's fault, for having these double ticket games in an effort to save some money, yet not providing adequate security and/or restrictions. All they do is allow people to party and drink for 4 hours before they enter the stadium. In a packed stadium, what do you expect?

25. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States