Gold Cup: Mexico vs. Panama (7/9/09) [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by sidspaceman, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  2. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    that pic with cuau and the pizza was epic :D

3. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Si estan motivados

se gana en casa porque los otros equipos no pueden respirar.

Altitude helps us but holds us back at the same time.

Great homefield advantage but hurts development of players.

Speed wise the game is faster than ever before and quickness and agility is crucial.

But you can't play fast in the valley of Mexico. So you slow the game down and that means more methodical approach to the game. No one touch passing because that speeds the game up.

Thats why most of the guys in the league can't play one touch football even when they try to, since they are not used to it.

As far as the speed of a player, its not surprising that our fastest players are Gio (Monterrey), Vela (Cancun) and Nery (Uruguay). They didn't grow up in a mountain.

Were good at endurance you never see a player tired in the league, even when they have to play at international level.

Just look at Africa, Kenya doesn't have any sprinters, why? They live in mountains thats why they can run for days, but can't reach top speed like someone who lives in Nigeria, or Cote d'Ivoire.

Heck, the fast black guys on the Ecuador and Colombia are not faster than the fast guys on the Jamaica or Honduran squad.

Mascareno's column I linked earlier was mostly of the physique of the player he briefly mentions the geography

A eso añádanle las condiciones salvajes con las que jugamos nosotros, salvajes y extremas, un fin de semana podemos jugar a más de 40 grados centígrados a nivel del mar y la siguiente a ocho ó diez grados a más de 2,500 metros de altura, me llama la aención a veces que a alguien extrañe la irregularidad de nuestro balompié, pero en fin, el punto es que a todo eso le tenemos que sacar provecho.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/editoriales/gerardo-mascareno/2009/07/somos-indios

4. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    It all went down hill when the ref handed out the first reds just before half time, over some simple shoving that didn't even appear to be anything out of this world.

The game was over after that, as it just went into a steady decline from then on.

5. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

It doesn't matter if you train your speed in the mountains or not. explosion and speed are mostly genetic (fast twitch muscle) and training.

Where is Arellano from? Ana Guevara? Oscar Rojas if fast. Iñuiguez? Barrera? Venado?

I have talked to guys who have played in primera A and FMF and they say that they have actually gotten slower, because teams in primera A sometimes to the wrong speed training. They also mostly practice tactics and passing, it the way the league trains, develops, and forces players to play.

Young guys who show talent should gtfo to europe befroe the FMF makes them the next venado medina and jair garcia

6. quijas

quijas Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the game would have been diffrent if the ref had shown a card(color does not matter) when blas pushes Ochoa when he was in the air and the ball was out of the field

7. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This team just keeps getting more and more pathetic. I hope to find something postitive from the team game after game, y nada.

8. notinthe18

notinthe18 Member

Mar 22, 2006
    I thought Memo Ochoa was not aggressive enough on Panama's goal. Memo just stood there while the ball was bouncing in front of Blas Perez. If Ochoa came off his line, he would have gotten to the ball or at least blocked the shot.

9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's not coincidence that it was the guy who fouled him earlier and should have been sent off.

10. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    JAJAJAJA

I can't wait to hear V.S's excuses for el TRI on this one.

11. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ???

Of course its genetic for the most part but it does have an effect on how hard you can train thus effecting your potential speed.

Ever heard of live high train low?

But the benefits of high-altitude training, which gives an even greater boost to red blood cells, are offset by the negatives, said Dr. Levine, who also is the director of the Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas. Humans cannot fully compensate for the limited oxygen and therefore cannot train at their maximum ability, he said. As a result, the athletes lose muscle and their performances may suffer.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/10/27/science/live-high-train-low-and-move-faster.html

Arellano, Iniguez, Barrera, Venado etc.. are Mexican League fast not International level fast. Thats why Venado Medina can't run past Frankie Heyduk.

And Ana Guevera is from Sonora. The fastest male Mexican sprinter I can remember Alejandro Cardenas is also from Sonora.

I don't disagree with that at all

12. CiudadanoDelMundo

Mexico
    Jul 23, 2008
    Mexico City
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRkkuSaX3t4"]YouTube -Goles de Javier Aguirre con la seleccion[/ame]
    First.. wish mexico was still thiss good
    Second wish aguirre could put la verde back on lol and hugo and all the greats that played with pride!

13. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I understood that in your first post, but I think if a player already has enough stamina and conditioning to run in the azteca 120 minutes, he should be able to do speed training with ease. A game is more physically tiring at attitude than speed training, I think it's players laziness and the leagues fault, not so much the attitude limiting them.

I haven't seen enough of Barrera and Iñuiguez to know if they are only Mexican league fast, but Arellano is definately international fast have you seen that guy live and in libertadores, it's almost Messi fast. I would say he's our fastest player with Nery, Vela, and Gio. I did notice Nery was running some salvies like postes in El Salvador and didn't look as fast in azteca, then he got muscle fatigue, probably the altitude.

I didn't know that why I asked :p

That same dude told me the best speed excerisise are running with a special parachute and running in a pool, he told me that's how C. Ronaldo trains. BTW Venado can't pass hejuke because he runs right at him.

14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Does anybody know if El Tri are still using the physicall trainers that SGE brought in?

15. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It doesn't seem like from the pics.

The trainers would always be there working with players in the vids and pics, now it's some other dude

16. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    lol, yeah i definitely saw that when he was running past venezuelan and guate players

wait.

17. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They do, do it with ease unfortunately they can't train at maximum and their potential is stunted.

Humans cannot fully compensate for the limited oxygen and therefore cannot train at their maximum ability, he said. As a result, the athletes lose muscle and their performances may suffer.

Just look at Kenyans they can run for days but their top speed is not comparable to some runner from Nigeria.

I'm not saying that there can't be fast players, but there won't be as many. And the fast players that do come from places where altitude might have been faster had they grown up somewhere else. Instead of Arellano being from Jalisco, he could have been Sonora, we could have had a faster Arellano

He must run right at guys who play on top 30 national teams because he can never get around any of them.

18. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That sucks those guys are supposedly some of the best in the world at what they do.

19. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Its a Spanish guy that worked with Aguirre at Osasuna.

Question

How many fast guys from Colombia are from Bogota?

And the more direct approach Pinto tried to implement with Colombia didn't work because you have guys who come from Bogota or the extreme heat of Barranquilla who are not used to playing fast.

Wrong or right?

20. AztexMessiah

AztexMessiah New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly, A bunch of animals. Its pretty sad
    I had to whoop 2 of them on my way out, No class whatsoever

21. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Holy crap, you guys are discussing speed? Lmao

No wonder.
    anyway, is vela playing the next game or what?

22. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    Sabah buried the goal, it was perfectly placed give the guy some credit.

I agree with the rest of what you have to say but don't be a pendejo, Sabah saw the goal keeper dive right so he crossed it in the opposite direction. It was a nicely taken sitter

Yup he can't pass worth a damn, he keeps giving the ball away.

Magallon, Torrado were the two worst players in this game.

Not sure why so many people are hating on Sabah, he buried that goal and is way better than esquivel, cardenas, or Medina

The only thing that sven did that was acceptable was to call up vuoso, the rest was a disaster. Aguirre has disappeared pavel, salcido, maza, and leandro he deserves some credit just for that

23. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    oh gawd a yuppie from austin.

anyways, I knew this game was going to shit right from the beginning when that number 10 from panama fouled gio near the sideline when gio did not have the ball. The first thing that whent through my mind was "shit gio is going to be in a personal battle."

Sabah hitting the post ugh I could not believe that.

Our defense was shaky and pinto is a fcking midget.

Ochoa could have done more when panama scored, i dont understand why he did not come out when the ball bounced, magallon and again defense overall was very shaky.

Mexico looked really strong the first 15 minutes after that it was all down hill.

Panama was playing aggresive pretty much hacking. When the people behind the benches started throwing beer at them memo gio and torrado whent to stop them (which they did) then the dumbass 2nd goalkeeper from panama whent back to his bench got a waterbottle and threw it right at a fan. To make things worse he kept talking shit to that person thats when all the beer started flying again.

another thing was all the fcking drunks fighting, it was ridiculous that they continued to sell beer even after it escalated and it was even more ridiculous continuing the game whhen the ref could have easily ended the game but noooo he had to continue the game and end it short.

well only 40k showed up the atmosphere pre-game was great, but it escalated really quickly, the good thing was that there was not that many problems after you got out of the stadium everyone went their own way.

i

24. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    sad, pathetic, embarrasing.... the list can keep going on

this team is a disgrace

we seem to be getting progressively worse each game

the way we're playing, no way in hell we are gonna be in South Africa next year

the only guy i liked out there was Gio

WTF was up with Panama's goal??! as always from a damn set piece. only this time it was more a fuck up from Magallon, who lost his mark, and Gringo, who just stood there like the useless turd that he is when he could have easily kicked the ball out. Memo should have come out for that as well.

Blas Perez is a f@ggot ass little bitch. i'm glad he got nailed in the head by some idiot in the stands. that douchebag deserved it

the whole Panama team are nothing but a bunch of dirty hacks that spent more time fouling and bitching than actually playing. go back to playing baseball and reggaeton you pigs!

as for Vasco...WHAT THE HELL MAN?!

[​IMG]
    "SWEEP THE LEG!!!"

25. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I read something about the fight between 2 fans or something.Who was going at it?