Gold Cup - July 2013

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by keller4president, Dec 9, 2012.

1. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    perhaps lichaj's lack of a club hurt his chances? i think he'll need to trial somewheres before he gets an out and out offer...

2. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

Nottingham Forest and Leeds have both expressed interest. This has been touched upon in his YA thread but the guy has been on the book at an EPL club the last 5 years and he's only 24. Additionally, he was very good for Leeds during his 2011 stint. He'll have plenty of suitors in the Championship and elsewhere.

3. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klinsmann said he wanted players in rhythm, but taking Klinsmann at his word is like Charlie Brown thinking he is going to kick the football.

Echoing the thoughts of others, I would've liked to see Lichaj, O'Brien and John. I also would have liked to see Chandler put in the work, but we all know how much he cherishes his precious offseason.

I also wonder which of the 35 will make the cut. Injuries will probably cull the list a little. But I've heard this Gold Cup teams can call in new players for the knockout rounds (meaning guys from the 35 that didn't make the 23.) I wonder whether MLS guys and USMNT first teamers like Johnson, Gonzalez and Besler will be given the group stage off before being called in.

4. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    After the group stage and before the knock out round - Up to 4 players on the 35 man provisional list, who were not called for group stage, may be exchanged for players in the 23 man group stage roster.

More details here at concacaf's site

http://www.concacaf.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,12813~3132995,00.html

FlipsLikeAPancake repped this.