Giovani Dos Santos at RCD Mallorca Vol. I [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Shzm13, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm just glad its over :cry:

I had my doubts he would move this season.

2. Rojinegro1

Rojinegro1 Member+

Jun 26, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The only people I've seen disappointed are so because they wanted Gio to stay at Tottenham, but in any case the consensus is obviously that this is a positive move.

3. El Spooky

El Spooky Member+

Jun 15, 2011
    No Merge Krew
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Montes on Gio's move:

The Mexican international's signing for the Spanish side was also a success story for his lawyer, Vicente Montes, who represented Dos Santos throughout the process in order to secure a move away from Tottenham.

"We're very satisfied and happy," Montes told Goal.com in his exclusive interview. "It has been a very arduous piece of work and finally, Giovani has his smile back, he has confidence from his new manager, a team that's going to want him there and I'm sure that he'll produce at a very good rate."

When speculation pointed towards Sevilla, Inter or a bevy of other La Liga and Serie A clubs in the past few days, Joaquin Caparros and his team seemingly came out of nowhere to sign the player. "There are three parts in any negotiation and all three had to be on the same page, it wasn't easy," Montes explains.

"In the end, we've chosen the team that was better for us in all respects. There were plenty of interested sides. Mallorca met our expectations, they're a great team with a great coach that play in a beautiful city. Gio returns to the Spanish league and Mallorca expressed commitment in their pursuit of the player," he continued.

Other teams bowed out of the race for Dos Santos due to the difficulty that Tottenham represented in its negotiation for the player. The hard stance was eventually softened by Montes in order to secure the move to Mallorca.

"There were several teams that had been asking about the player but they didn't trust that we would have the capability to resolve this situation with Tottenham. Mallorca bet on it and they've received a just prize in the form of a great player," he said.

Despite the fact that Spurs retain 50 percent of the player's rights, the intent is for the Premier League side to potentially cash in on a second transfer should Dos Santos attract attention in Mallorca. Montes was clear, however, that the co-ownership deal did not include a clause in which Spurs can repurchase the player.

"We'll never go back to Tottenham. We're just not going to do it," he said.

While it is clear that the currently injured player will have to prove his worth in order to crack the starting lineup, according to the lawyer, Montes noted the warm reception Dos Santos received at his new club.

"From what the team's president has said about Giovani, he will be one of the team's biggest players if not the biggest," he said.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/114/...respects-explains-giovani?source=breakingnews

Hdez.Marcos and Rojinegro1 repped this.
  4. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    subs hope he does well.

5. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Could be better, could be worse.

At least we'll finally be able to watch him play regularly. Good move for him, and hopefully he can move to a bigger club in a few years.

6. El Spooky

El Spooky Member+

Jun 15, 2011
    No Merge Krew
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mallorca only paid £1 million for Gio? :eek:

7. BS49

BS49 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Drinking a beer
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Meant Tottenham

8. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Have i mentioned that I've been a Mallorca fan for years?

:)

El Yucateco, Al Brinco and LGRod repped this.
  9. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    They only paid for half his transfer, Spurs will retain the other half of his rights in hopes of making a profit if/when Gio moves on to another team.

10. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Long Beach State University
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    SUBZZZZZZZZZZZZ

11. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. El Spooky

El Spooky Member+

Jun 15, 2011
    No Merge Krew
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So they only paid £500,00. what a steal for Mallorca.

13. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    All in all Mallorca got one hell of a player for cheap....

Heres to him being the player we think he can be and inevitably making the jump to a big team we all know he belongs on.

LGRod repped this.
  14. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sucks that Rottenham will still profit from a player they never used.

I am glad that Gio's situation improved. This was such an unexpected move. I'm not worried about him going to a big team yet. This team will prepare him for the Confederations cup against Brazil, Uruguay, Italia, Spain, etc + Gold Cup and Qualifiers.

big20ugly repped this.
  15. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Also hes in a league that suits him....no more getting sprains n shit cuz he trains in shit ass freezing london weather.

16. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He got one in Racing too.

17. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Gio's muscle injuries are directly linked to his lack of playing time and rhythm. He overexerts himself during sprints and tears fibers in his muscles. They will become less recurrent once he starts playing consistently.

18. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    they're more recurrent when hes in England though......some just aren't adjusted to the colder climates and have to warm up way more so they dont get hurt....then add to that the wild ass challenges.

I remember Veron once mentioned how Giggs used to show up to training sessions and just start kicking 50 yard passes without warming up and how he could never do that.

19. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How soon can he heal from his injury?

20. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So happy for Gio. I'm glad he's finally done at that horrible club. They have my permission to be relegated. :D

I'm not too familiar with the Spanish league.... where does Mallorca stand? They gonna be fighting to stay in 1st division? What's the deal?

21. El Spooky

El Spooky Member+

Jun 15, 2011
    No Merge Krew
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mid table team for the most part.

ninjew repped this.
  22. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    This news deserved a log in and post.

Happy for Gio. I know he's going to be Mallorca's Vela.

I hope Tottenham get relegated.

ninjew repped this.
  23. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    Time for gio to embrace the Balearic beat.

I would love to live in Mallorca. Suerte Gio!

Kaney and Shzm13 repped this.
  24. Rojinegro1

Rojinegro1 Member+

Jun 26, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  25. robbits

robbits Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who are the key players on this team? Who is going to make Gio's life easier?