"...get to a higher level" (The January Transfer Window Thread)

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalJake, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why don't you just ask Napoli for Hamsik. Barca for Neymar, Bayern for Muller and Ribery....hell maybe they will send Martinez too

********ing christ...try being realistic..some people on here..

2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. LAgooner05

LAgooner05 Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Orange County
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There was word that he is set to get a £10mil signing bonus with Bayern. If I was Arsene I'd gladly pay that £7mil to Dortmund and would match or best the signing bonus.

The main question is, what kind of wage can we offer vs what Bayern would pay?

4. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He won't sign for anybody but Bayern, though. Convincing BvB to sell isn't the problem.

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    bender is realistic, sahin i'm not sure and gundogan is injury prone but would come if we chucked 40 million at him as he is world class

please calm down

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    how do people know he wouldn't?

7. BigEffingGooner

BigEffingGooner Member+

Apr 25, 2012
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He has repeatedly shown and reiterated his desire to play specifically for Bayern. He has rebuffed both Real and United, among others. It is like one of us having an option to sign for Arsenal, but another club coming to try and buy us ... he wants to play for Bayern and he isn't going anywhere else.

That said, if the rumors of BVB offering him around for small cash to BPL clubs is true, I would at least make an effort to make a run at him.

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yeah, he's better than giroud for sure

9. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    'I will be able to sign a contract (with any club) in January, but I have never said that I will sign a contract with Bayern,' Lewandowski, 25, told the Telegraph.

'It was a misunderstanding. It is true I had an opportunity to speak with Sir Alex Ferguson (last year), but we didn't mention the transfer.

'One day I would like to play in Premier League. It would be a great experience.'

Also i find it strange that a Pole would grow up dreaming of playing in the birthplace of Nazism.

Tonerl and DutchCane repped this.
  10. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Daily Mail is claiming that Munich is offering 9m pounds signing on fee and 150k a week in wages. I see no reason why we couldn't match that if we wanted to.

thebigman and Tonerl repped this.
  11. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sahin? what? where would he fit in in squad...he surely wont be available even if there was a spot for him....

Gundogan = injury prone?.....he is prone because he is injured now? surely you are having a laugh

if anyone is injury prone...that's Bender...try watching some Bundesliga games before you post like a complete ignorant fanboy..and Bender is not going anywhere so long as Watzke and Zorc are in charge.

12. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a player named "Eisfield?" :)

No chance this mythical creature ever plays for us.

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ignorant fanboy? suck it easy

i thought gundogan has a bad condition that has come to light of late, unless i have mistaken him for someone else? i';m sure dortmund would consider a 40 million pound bid, even if he is one of the top midfielders in the world

bender is attainable, i rate him and do watch bundesliga. he is not a starter when sahin and gundogan are fit and is quite injury prone but more of a holder than his brother

sahin could play in cm as he is better than most of our cms, especially wilshere....his passing is excellent and liverpool wasted him

no doubt u are a football hipster, bundesliga dick rider, otherwise u wouldn't have an awful username

15. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He had a chance to play for fat Sam at Blackburn. Could have learnt how to play proper football. Now he is just another washed up BvB forward. Does he even know how to run the channels?

thebigman repped this.
  16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    not watched any serie a this year

he looks decent in that small sample, would rather look at the left advanced position as we are loaded on the right when people get fit

how is griezman and andre ayew playing? ayew can also play centrally right @charlie15 ???

17. mwojt21

mwojt21 Member

May 22, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Griezmann has been on a nice run of form the past few weeks. He's up to 4 goals on the season now (including a double yesterday).

18. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Chill guys. Disagree with both of you to some extent:

1. Gundogan has had some serious back problems come to light that might be genetic. No matter how good he is, we don't want to pay 40m for a player that might miss 2/3rds of every season.

2. Sahin would definitely fit, but it's less than clear that he's good enough to play here: I wasn't impressed with the way he played against us at the Emirates. He's good, but he's not THAT good. Don't think he's better than Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, or Rosicky. And I also think that Wilshere's ceiling is much higher.

3. If we want to get a Bender, we're looking at the wrong one. The way, I see it, we have three Benders to choose from. We shouldn't be after Sven. We should be after either Lars, or this guy:

[​IMG]

frednmethod and LAgooner05 repped this.
  19. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never been too impressed by Andre Ayew, good player but not an upgrade over the Santi, Jack, or Aaron. Griezmann is worth keeping an eye on though. The one I really think can be a top player is Thauvin if he is really committed to the game.

thebigman repped this.
  20. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's a negative

the entire content of your post absolutely makes no sense

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i've seen kehl start over bender a few times too

bender is a good player but sahin and gundogan seems their best cm pivot pairing

who are u anyway? shouldn't your name be gunning for bayern?

22. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been an Arsenal fan since 1995 (when Bergkamp signed), and a BVB fan since late mid-to late 90's; however, when Arsenal play BVB, I root for Arsenal, with a somewhat heavy heart.

I am a big fan of the Prem and Bundesliga.

As for Sahin and Gundogan, I honestly do not recall a single game where those two started ogether and Kehl or Bender did not play as DM....

23. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  24. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lewandowski is a twat. Wouldn't want him here.

Not good enough anyway.

:)

25. LAgooner05

LAgooner05 Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Orange County
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If I may ad:

Gundogan has the ability to be one of the world's best cm's. He's like a cdm/cam hybrid capable of playing across all position in midfield. The reason they where able to offload Gotze early, was because of Gundogan and the signing Mhkytarian.

Sahin is very similar to Arteta. He has good positional sense. At least with Dortmund he was usually in the right place at the right time. He also has very good range to his passing, whether it's short or long. His big drawback is his lack of pace. It was seriously exposed during his time at pool, he was never able to adapt to the speed of the EPL. You also have to mention his mental strength. On top of his failed loan at pool, he failed to even sniff the field at Madrid, even post injury. He's just beginning to regain form, it's possible he's product of a Klopp's good system.

I fully agree with the Lars vs Sven comparison. Lars would be a fantastic signing for us. He would be able to fill the Arteta/Flamini role for the next 5 years. He has much more versatility than Sven. The game vs United was a testament of how his presence is felt immediately.