Germany vs. Italy

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Astan, Mar 11, 2009.

1. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    To this discussion its relevant.
    Why not just make this statement and omit the paragraph of drivel that preceded it?

2. BSjanitor

BSjanitor Member

Jun 11, 2004
    My prediction is that Germany won't do as well in the Europa league as they have in the UEFA Cup. Meanwhile, AC Milan is back to the Champions League, where they usually do very well, and Juve is gaining traction again after 2 seasons out.

3. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And this prediction is based on...?

4. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is absolutely ridiculous. How can you knowing absolutely nothing about Bundesliga not be relevant when you are comparing the Bundesliga and Serie with each other, as well as comparing one youngster with another, in which case you know nothing about any of the Bundesliga players. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

You seem to not understand something simple. Just because you play for a bigger club, it doesn't make you a better player. This is what you are insinuating which is absolutely silly to say the least.
    I don't care if there are many Bundesliga followers or not, I am one and I am one of the people that knows how good these youngsters are. You know sh#t all and want to compare. Therefore you look foolish in every single post you have made so far in this thread. You only continue to further embarrass yourself.

Here's another boys and girls, if you're hyped up = you're automatically better than all the other young players your age! It's a fact! :rolleyes: I have basically concluded that you base young players being more popular and hyped up automatically better than others their age. Brilliant f#cking analogy if I ever saw one! (let me clarify, I'm being sarcastic)
    Let me make this perfectly clear. I don't give a sh#t if you or someone else will get the benefit of the doubt or not. However this is a thread I visit and about Germany, you laid your garbage posts and I only responded to clean up the trash.

I have constantly given you facts, you're just someone who turns the other cheek even if I slap them to your face on more than one occasion. You're entirely clueless and just turned into a form of amusement now.

I say maybe and if because unlike your first post, I don't claim to see the future, especially if I don't know half the story. :rolleyes:

5. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    In 2 or 3 years time we will know and look back at this thread and laugh ( I hope :) )

6. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roma is no longer the second representative of Italy in the CL. Now that teams that can spend with the EPL teams are back in the CL for Italy, the Serie A should have a resurgence as far as the ratings goes.

As far as the Europa cup goes, it's a crap shoot. You don't know who is going to take control like Arshavin last year and Diego this year. It's pretty random.

7. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I never did that was you.
    I don't need to because they're not relevant to Champions League competition either because they haven't made a contribution or they haven't played.
    Most players under the age of 24 who are marquee talents play for bigger clubs. Thats not my opinion thats a fact.
    I wanted to compare players who were relavent to the competition that will decide who has the higher coefficient over the near future. You seem to only care about U21 tournaments which really means ******** all in context.
    I'll take informed analysis provided by former players/coaches in the media and professional writers over your opinion. Thanks.
    If my posts are trash then yours are recycled. Between the two at least I'm original. :p
    What ********ing facts have you given me that prove anything excpet that you're hopelessly in denial about which league is producing the more dominant clubs in Europe but more importantly the Champions Leauge?

Get a life.

8. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    I have found a yet - incomplete - list about the best young talents in world football from Gazzetta dello Sport. The Bundesliga seems to be well represented, I must say. I am not sure whether Gazzetta dello Sport belongs to the sort of football media you follow, but here it is:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/giovani_stelle.shtml

(And I could imagine that Özil appears in the Top 10)

9. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh lol, I don't know how I have missed this guy's response. :p Will get back to this tomorrow after I get smashed tonight.

10. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Marin is already on rank 10, so Özil must be in it.

11. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    That`s what I thought. But now I have read the article again and it says that they only consider players born in 1989 and younger ones. Anyways, Özil should be put in the same category as Walcott, Giovinco and Krkic - although he is probably better than them...:D

12. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    This could be over tomorrow...

13. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Hamburg have quite a task though...winning on the road with an interim coach. I don't know. But if they pull it off, Germany gets the spot. And if they don't, the final will be a lot more exciting. If Milan continue their Serie A tumble and find themselves in 4th place...I wonder if we'll see them supporting Inter in the CL Final

14. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    I think if Inter are eliminated tomorrow Germany gets Italy's 4th spot in 2011/12

15. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes. Inter has to reach the final, otherwise it's already over for Italy. But it doesn't matter anyway if Hamburg wins against Fulham. Germany will get the 4th CL spot back, I'm pretty sure.

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nope, because even if Germany are ahead of Italy after this season, the 4th CL spot only kicks-in for the 2011/12 season (ie. Italy gets 4 teams to the CL next season no matter what).

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    It still matters I believe. Depends whether Inter advance with a loss tomorrow or if they are able to win on the night and on aggregate.

18. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    oh ok...thanks for the clarification.

19. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
  20. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    That's only true if Hamburg loses on thursday. Quite possible, considering the mess that club is in. But if Hamburg wins & advance, Inter will have to win in Barcelona and in Madrid - and in case of a PSO or a Hamburg win in the EL final (which will be in Hamburg) it still wouldn't be enough.

[edit:] the blog post is a bid out of date, it's from before the 2nd leg of the quarters, I think. After tonight, it's:

Italy: 0 points: 0.000 -> - 0.297 --- Germany: 0 points -> 0.000
    Italy: 1 points: 0.142 -> - 0.155 --- Germany: 0 points -> 0.000
    Italy: 2 points: 0.285 -> - 0.012 --- Germany: 0 points -> 0.000
    Italy: 3 points: 0.428 -> + 0.131 --- Germany: 1 points -> 0.166
    Italy: 4 points: 0.571 -> + 0.274 --- Germany: 2 points -> 0.333
    Italy: 5 points: 0.714 -> + 0.417 --- Germany: 3 points -> 0.500

(1 bonus pt for reaching the final, 1 pt for a draw, 2 pts for a win, no extra points for winning the final)

[another edit]: Oh, I see in case of a Hamburg win on Thursday, it doesn't matter at all what Inter does, it would be over then, in Germanys favour :)

21. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yep, that's what I meant. Inter's game doesn't matter if Hamburg wins on Thursday.

22. Bundesligafan

Bundesligafan Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    omg i just found this thread! this is realy funny! eq i haf new found respect for u! i wonder where that dude went! can someone ask this guy to come back and argue wif us NOW?

23. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Halftime

Fulham 0-1 Hamburg

at the moment, Germany has secured the 4th Champions League spot. If Hamburg wins or draws, Inter's game will be pointless for the outcome of the ranking.

and now Italy is back in the race, Fulham leads 2-1

24. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is it me or did a post suddenly disappear from this thread??

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Holy! Oh man!

Oh wait. Can't discuss. Must wait 24 hours. :rolleyes: