German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. III [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree, he has been one of their best so far as well as in qualifying. Plus, he looks like the Hulk.

2. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well, I was more impressed with Yesil and Ducksch last year (and it didnt take long) than i am toawrds Benkarit

In Yesil n Ducksch, u saw two stars. Consistent, has composure for their age, both have good vision and football IQ n it looks ke both are much better finishers.

3. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I wonder why smithfan hasnt presented his views on the Euro so far.

4. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    She might just be busy. ; )

5. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Smithfan is a woman ? Really ? No way

6. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

She should be happy about some potential future stars in Dudziak, Suele, Goretzka, Itter n Max Meyer tho

7. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course I'm watching the tournament. Didn't have enough time to comment here yet.
    Impressive defensive display, but was to be expected. Offense not working as well as it could due to Gnabry's injury and not enough options on the wings (Meyer is a great player but he actually needs to play in the centre to show what he's really capable of) and Benkarit having some sort of typical "i must score and become more nervous with every minute I haven't managed to score" striker syndrome. Germany probably tournament favourite no.1 with this kind of defense.

Kirsten19

thanks. appreciated.

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol... :laugh: Why is that so hard to believe?

squidward123 repped this.
  9. Dalmar

Dalmar Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyone know what Bayern bosses are trying to do with Can? Is he on loan schedule or the Bosses are so impressed with him they want to watch him "closely" lol. Ok. they have Gustavo, Sweini, Kroos, how realistic is it he will get a first team action? How come they let Kroos develop his game on loan while keeping a great kid from developing his talent. That is not cool.

10. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He'll be with the first team next season and fight it out with Gustavo and maybe Tymoschuk if he's there for the DM position.

11. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    [Insert sexist joke here] :D

Cris 09 repped this.
  12. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Team of 19 year olds or under:

------------------------------ter Stegen
    --Weiser-----Koray Guenter---------Ruediger-----Dudziak
    ------------------Emre Can--------Leon Goretzka
    ---Gnabry-----------------M.Goetze----------------Draxler
    ---------------------------------Yesil---------

subs:
    GK) Leno
    DF) Pascal Itter, Danny da Costa, Hartherz, Niklas Süle
    MF) Matthias Ginter, Bittencourt, Max Meyer, Moritz Leitner
    FW) Volland, Timo Werner, Marvin Ducksch

VERY VERY PROMISING TEAM

13. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    From what I've read the other day, ter Stegen is now 20 years old! He therefore cannot be part of this team, which results in an encompassing collapse of not only this squad, but also of the future of German football (as well as Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder's armchair).

14. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    It is not just promising. I put them as favorites of winning the world cup 2018 ;)

15. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    U get my point, he is still very young n these players show that we dont have to worry about any position for the future

I actually like what i've seen from Hartherz this season. He is inconsistent but showed glimpses of brilliance.

For whoever worries about our lack of fullbacks, at least we have someone like Weiser, Dudziak n Hartherz coming through;

Yesil, Ducksch and Timo Werner will solve the scarce of strikers in the near future

16. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Weiser isn't a fullback and probably never will be. Werner just went 16, let him develop. And I am still not sure if Ducksch and Yesil will make it. So hard for young strikers

17. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dudziak isn't (or wasn't) a fullback either .

18. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, but I see more potential in Dudziak as a fullback than Weiser. Weiser in my eyes is clearly an offensive player. But you never know

19. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    everybody was seeing Alaba as a CM or a winger but look at him at LB. Weiser is 18 so anything can happen

20. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Weiser's favorite player is dani Alves. Make of that what you will. Also, most of the great modern day fullbacks like Marcelo,Alves,Evra were wingers at 18. A bit later, they were made full backs.

21. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dudziak's football brain is a bit better imo (not a big surprise, he's a central midfielder and not a winger like Weiser), that's why he doesn't have as many problems as Weiser had on this position. Both are extremely quick but Dudziak so far successfully uses his speed to cover up his rather weak positional play. Weiser wasn't able to do that. But we'll have to see if Dudziak can improve his positional play because the older the opponents, the more likely will his weak positional play be punished. Dortmund developing him on the LB position from now on would help, but I haven't heard anything yet in that regard.

22. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    By the way Weiser is moving to Bayern Munich. When he is 21, bayern's current right back Lahm will be 32 so I think it is a great decision by him.

23. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wow, I do not think Dudziak is the clear better player than Weiser than some of u thin though.

Dudziak impressed me, but so did Weiser in the U17 World Cup.

Yesil n Ducksch, interesting topic. Both are top talents, but they Needa leave their clubs. Under 4-2-3-1, teams only play with 1 striker n contenders like Dortmund or Leverkusen will prefer players with more experience and more proven.

Dortmund have Lewandowski and he'll be arround in the starting lineup for a couple more seasons; Leverkusen may look for foreign strikers, Kiessling can still play for another 2-3 years....this hurts the development on young German strikers in fact

Mlapa n Schieber have to play at wings. Wtf?

24. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was talking about the rightback Weiser, not the winger. He's a great winger without a doubt. But his rightback Games weren't exactly impressive.

25. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    All young defenders struggle with positioning. That comes with a lot of game time. He is intelligent and quick. He has all the ingredients of becoming a top fullback. Let's see where he is in 3 years.