German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. III [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    We need a replacement for Lennart Thy. ;)

2. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ~4.5 hours til the start of the U17 Euro (Germany vs. Georgia), if I'm not mistaken...

3. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great start into the weekend, indeed.

4. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Aufstellung:

Schnitzler - Itter, Süle, Sarr, Dudziak - Goretzka, Brandenburger - Dittgen, Meyer, Brandt - Benkarit

Kick-off in 1 hour!

5. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    The passing in the first half was beyond awful.It felt like they've never touched a football in their lives. However, you can see the plan is there. Once Georgia loses the ball, they try to break really quickly but the execution is terrible for now. Benkarit should have passed to Meyer on the left in the end and Meyer would have been all alone with just the keeper to beat. I think they are nervous. Remember last year Can,Yesil and co also were awful in the group stages but improved big time and played great in the world cup u17.

In the second half, I dont think they can play any worse than they've done so far.

6. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here is that interview in English.

7. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Okay, the second half was so much better. They were great. Before the start of the second half, Stendera replaced the awful Max Dittgen and Stendera was brilliant. Benkarit should have had a hat trick. Julian Brandt shined with his tricks and dribbling and speed. Meyer showed good feet not only for the goal but on two other occasions especially that turn in the beginning of the second. Goretzka made a lot of mistakes in the first half but in the second was very good. He has great movement and timing of the runs but he has to improve his touch and passing a bit.

http://www.uefa.com/under17/season=2012/matches/round=2000204/match=2010207/index.html

8. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
  9. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...-kroos-a-16-year-old-german-messi-introducing

Another goal.com article hyping up the German youngsters. This time it is :
    Okan Aydin ''plays like Shaqiri''
    Marvin Ducksch ''plays like Podolski'' (wtf I dont know how they came up with Podolski of all people)
    Mathias Ginter ''plays like Howedes'' ( Is Howedes really that good to have players being compared to him?)
    Leon Goretzka ''plays like Toni Kroos and Bastian Schweinsteiger''
    Koray Gunter ''plays like Hummels''
    Max Meyer ''plays like Messi and Marin''
    Mitchell Weiser ''plays like Dani Alves and Lukasz Piszczek''
    Samed Yesil ''plays like a Dennis Bergkamp-Samuel Eto'o hybrid''

10. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ^who gives a shit what it says?

11. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I know , right ? But it is just for fun.

12. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    And it's a 1:0 win for the U17 again.

Benkarit reminds me of Carsten Jancker...

13. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Just finished watching Germany U17 game Vs Iceland U17.

Disappointed at Benkarit. He missed a few easy chances like he did in the first game, and he doesnt look very dangerous in front of goal to me. He shoed his poor football IQ/vision and sloppy finishing. There was a 3-to-3 chance, where he could easily pass it to either Dittgen(played much better than his first game) or Werner, but Benkarit chose a effortless long shot which went directly towards the keeper; Benkarit has the instinct n positioning though, he just cant execute in such important tournament, its not B-Jugend/AJugend Leagues n i really hope he can step up. Werner played like 6 minutes and showed more promises with the ball

Goretzka was subbed early in the 2nd half, not sure if he's injured;

Max Meyer has the creativity and skill. He will not be a winger in the senior level, he is skillful but severely lacks explosiveness and pace. Wonder why he could score so many goals in the B-Jugend League as well, he doesnt look like a good finisher to me;

that Dortmund left-back, Dudziak, will be a star. high work-rate, pretty creative for a leftback and has good vision offensively. defensively, he has the pace and Bundesliga body, thats enough at the U17 level i guess. Very impressed, MOTM

Pascal Itter, RB n vice-captain, also looks like a decent prospect. I hope one of Dudziak and Itter can emerge into Bundesliga before too long.

14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schnitzler also deserves a comment. He saves the win with two good reactions and had a calm overall performance. Very good in the air.

15. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    He is Carsten Jancker without the physical dominance. I saw a greedy striker who isnt very clinical in front of goal and cannot read the field well enough

He looked very lost out there, especially after missing some chances in the first half. And he didnt impress me at all in the last two games.

We're through, but i seriously dont think this is a champion team unless the other teams are even worse.

16. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And because of the draw in the other match, Germany are also already qualified for the semi finals as the group winners. That means we're most likely avoiding the Netherlands and we have the opportunity to eliminate France.

17. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    What do you mean ? Good thing or bad thing ?

Benkarit plays pretty much like Lewandowski. So far in this tournament, his shooting is very poor and his link-up play has been frustrating to see the least. Sometimes he tries to do too much or is too greedy.He's also had some good moments to be honest. There is no doubt he has a lot of potential and has a looooooot of time to improve. If Germany make it to the final, there will be 3 more games and that's plenty of time for him to shine.

The defense for me is really good. Every single one of them including the goalkeeper in both games.

Jeremy Dudziak has been really impressive in both games defensively and offensively. The way he runs with the ball (left footed) and cuts inside, it is just so so much like Patrice Evra. You cant really spot a difference a difference between the two in terms of style of play.

18. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    If all this tournament would give us is hope for a great new left back (Dudziak) for the future then I'd be happy enough. :D

19. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    No, it actually depends on Poland. If they(poland) beat Slovenia today, they will be 2 points ahead of the Netherlands and the two will play in the final match. The Netherlands could definitely finish 2nd so that will mean a Germany-Netherlands semi final.

20. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And why not? It would be a great game.. Tourneys at this stage are all about collecting expiriences and this will be exactly the kind of match these boys need. I would love it.

21. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And of coz, last year we've found Mitchell Weiser, whose game was compared to Daniel Alves at RB.

Good to see Dudziak being so impressive on the left. I've descirbed his strengths above, n i said he'll be a good player in Bundesliga one day.

I dont think its a fair comparison but Yesil n Ducksch were the better prospects compared to Benkarit. Those two players would impress u right away, maybe seeing him in action for 30min or so. And after a game, u could tell Yesil n Ducksch can be stars.

Benkarit strikes me as a homeless man's Alexander Zickler. Both have some sort of skill n decent size for the position, but both lacks the motor n mindset for success (u could tell Benkarit struggled more after the misses, made all sort of silly decisions). trust me, i m usually more tolerant towards young strikers, but i was more impressed with Yesil n Ducksch in 2011 than what i saw in Benkarit in these two games. i hope i m wrong, or else ducksch can really be an obstable to Benkarit in Dortmund in the future

With Dudziak, Goretzka, Max Meyer n Itter, i think we have 4 potential stars in this team. Timo Werner impresed me in the 8 minutes he played.

Its not the matter of time, its the talent u see in a player

22. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Goretzka was taken out because he was on a yellow.

23. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    If Dittgen could use his right foot, he would have scored two goals and that's not mention his missed header in front of goal.

25. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    some of you should be carefull with judging players too early. Benkarit has been very unlucky so far and certainly hasn't been in good form but I doubt that this is his usual level.
    I'm also surprised that noone mentioned the CBs, especially Süle is kinda impressive and not just due to his physical attributes, I also liked his build up play.