German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. III [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Usually at that age(17), national youth team coaches dont like to take players from other age groups( I mean younger players). I am surprised they've called up Werner and Brandt. It is surely a good sign for the boys.

2. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Werner is scoring like a machine in the B Jugend League

Already playing for the Vfb Stuttgart's A-Jugend team. A special talent for sure

3. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=4226

Maximilian Meyer(only 16 years old) with another two goals at u19s level. That's 3 matches and 4 goals and 1 assist. At u17s level, he has 11 goals and 10 asissts in 17 games. If he does not get major injuries, he can go very far. He has great composure,movement,vision and technical ability.

4. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werner (sick), Stark (Werner's replacement), Gbadamassi and Palacios-Martinez were cut from the final roster.

First game of the U17 Elite round tournament tomorrow against Turkey in Bremen (15:00 CET). I will offer a live ticker (in German, but you're free to comment in English and I'll reply in English) if my internet connection is stable.
    Link for that: http://smithfan.coverpage.coveritlive.com

5. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Good start for the U17 at the Elite round: 4-0 against Turkey.

kicker.de

6. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    There should be highlights of that match on http://tv.dfb.de/ because they played in Germany.At least, I hope they give highlights.

I really want to watch this Germany u17 for a whole game not just highlights. If they qualify for the Euro which is in the beginning of May, it will be broadcasted by Eurosport so I will be able to watch them.

Today, Germany u18 beat France u18 2-0. Both goals came from Sebastian Kerk.

http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=500014&tx_dfbnews_pi1[showUid]=32018&tx_dfbnews_pi4[cat]=155

7. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    highlights will be available tomorrow.

8. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I wonder what are the odds of Rani Khedira making it in the Bundesliga like his brother ?

They should be pretty high considering Bender brothers, Boateng brothers and Caligiuri brothers, right ?

Maybe no but anyway only the future will tell.

9. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are also the Kroos brothers and yet it seems like Felix Kroos won't make it into 1st league football.
    Then there is Schweinsteiger's older brother (Tobias) who plays also just 3rd league football.
    It's really the exception that two brothers make it both to the highest level and if I am honest I'd be surprised if Rani Khedira achieves it.
    He is a decent talent but really not special though you never know....

10. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U17 qualifies for the u17 Euro in Slovenia (28.04. - 17.05.2012)

11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hummels' brother, Jonas, is also playing in the third division. Don't think its out of the question that he, Rani and Felix make it to the Bundesliga at some point. But they're definitely not as talented as their brothers, thats for sure.

12. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    It's very tough watching Füllkrug play for Werder.
    Another local boy (Levent Aycicek as well) we couldn't hold here in Hannover because of the fact 96 does not invest enough in youth work still.

According to Schatzschneider there's a very talented player in Havelse who is probably also going to join Bremen because they offer living quarters and 96 doesn't yet.

But I hope things change with the new training center that is going to be build soon.

1 person likes this.
  14. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Hey, you have in exchange Christian Schulz, who plays strong for 96. :)

At Levent Aycicek one must look how he deals with the long injury time (injured in September and is expected to be back in April/May). :( But he has talent.

15. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, Germany has never had a shortage of great GK that's for sure.

16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Why havent u built it yet ? Why are you so late ? All the other Bundesliga teams have one and many 2nd division teams too.

17. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Different priorities I guess.

18. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    The qualifiers for the Euro u17 finished(obviously). The interesting thing is that Spain u17 and England u17 were in the same group and both got eliminated. They got eliminated by Georgia. Can you imagine ?This Spain team is pretty strong so that's good news for Germany.

Georgia are not a good team. They benefited from being the home team and scored the winning goal vs england in the last minute. They defended deep and relied on set pieces.In all 3 games, Spain missed their top striker Ramirez (through injury) who had 7 goals in only 3 games.

The teams who will participate in the Euro are the Netherlands,Germany,Poland,France, Belgium,Iceland, Georgia and the hosts Slovenia.

The draw will be made on Wednesday.

19. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Another strange thing is that Belgium qualified despite the fact, that actually Hungary won this group on goal difference. However Belgium protested against the result of their 1:0 win over Russia, because Russia fielded an ineligible player (player got two yellow cards in two earlier matches and was suspended for that match). So they got a 3:0 win awarded and overtook Hungary.

That was really careless of the Russians, one would think that they know of the rules of the tourament they're playing in. :confused:

20. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=4303

Look at Freiburg's Sebastian Kerk's 2 goals in the beginning of the video(2nd match after bayern's). Wow to score once in your life one free kick from a huge distance like that is unbelievable BUT TWO IN THE SAME MATCH is ...... just there is no words for that. This guy is arguably better than Okan Aydin and Toni Kroos in terms of shooting. Recently, he scored both goals for Germany u18s vs France u18s in the 2-0 win.

21. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    The Euro u17 finals draw has been made.

Group A :
    France
    Iceland
    Georgia
    Germany

Group B :

Slovenia (hosts)
    Netherlands (holders)
    Poland
    Belgium

The tournament will start on May 4.

22. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Benkarit, Timo Werner, Serge Gnabry, Leon Goretzka, Max Meyer.....this team have some serious talents

23. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I watched Eintracht Frankfurt's match vs Ingolstadt. Eintracht have two young promising players. Sebastian Jung the right back played well. He was very good defensively and is also good going forward. He made a great run in the first half and showed good crossing throughout the match.

The other - Sonny Kittel played in the last 20 min when they were looking for the winner(it was 1-1). I can see why people rate him highly. He's got skills and pace and he can cross. He had two very good moments. In the last 5-6 min his team mates were just hoofing the ball to the forwards instead of passing it to him on the left wing. If he has German discipline, he will be a Bundesliga star in 2-3 years. Maybe even next season.From now on, he needs to stay injury free.

24. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Two goals and an assist for Didavi against Schalke. I watched him 4 or 5 times a few months ago and I was impressed every time. He's always lively on the pitch. He is quick, he can dribble and cross and shoot and has vision. Just turned 22.