German Superwahljahr 2009

Discussion in 'Elections' started by 96Squig, Feb 4, 2009.

1. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Seems like NRW is heading for a grand coalition. The only thing this will do is bring CDU and SPD further down there, I am sure. FDP and Greens will both gain greatly, and die Linke a bit. The only thing that could save the SPD would be continuing succes on the federal level. The CDU is f.cked unless they manage to become into opposition on the federal level before and the SPD makes something stupid in that time.

2. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    It'll all end in tears...

3. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Isn't that what politics is about, anyways? Wer zuletzt weint, lacht am längsten.

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12876083

It looks like the German government has been confronted with another "disaster" tonight, losing another important federal state (this one for the 1st time in history, btw) ... so Angela Merkel is facing the tough time I predicted last year. I bet she's gonna "enjoy" the remaining time of the current election period by trying to govern against a strong center left/left opposition. :)

Btw: What happened in the actually very conservative - like Bavaria - southern state Baden-Württemberg (Stuttgart) tonight, is some kind of "Green Revolution" ... as it very likely becomes the first federal state in German history to be governed by a Green prime-minister (in a coalition with the center-left SPD)!

Mr. Mappus rightfully got punished for his arrogance concerning the "Stuttgart 21" main station project and the nuclear energy issue.