German report says Chandler back in the fold for Russia...

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by j0osh, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read the roster thread, it's been cleared up. He's not called in, it was a reading error.

2. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was in another BS post but since then it was updated that Julian's dad tweated "JK call Julian Green" rather than "JK called Julian Green" or something to the effect.

3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I would just make him pinky promise. then we'd be good.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  4. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, you read the tweet wrong, his dad said to Klinsmann, "Hey, you should call my son up!"

5. Yaznasty

Yaznasty Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-N...my-Chandler-Ready-to-Make-the-Commitment.aspx

Okay, the fact that he did an interview with US Soccer basically admitting he was dancing around the whole thing makes me feel like we may finally have him for good. Because man, if he were to do that interview and then pull the same thing again for the hex, I will be on the first flight to Nuremberg to find him. Hopefully this will be the end of the "does Chandler really want to be American" saga. Again, I will be 100% behind it once he is cap-tied, but for now I am leaning towards the "welcome home Timmy" side of things. A big boost for the national team going forward if he does stick with us

6. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    In the interview Chandler says he is 1000% committed. Most people usually only give 110% or 150% but to give 1000% tells me he is ours.

7. braun

braun Red Card

Feb 22, 2001
    metro Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are gullible. Chandler is playing this one because it doesn't cap-tie him and it showcases him if he plays well (there's the rub) for the German team. he's not transparent folks.

8. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    I'm not buying into the German NT conspiracies. That is nonsense. I think Chandler not playing to this point was one of a few things. 1. He didn't want to travel for the seemingly easy quals in the last round. 2. He really doesn't want to play NT ball. or 3. His club was in his ear about not playing ($$).

Either way, I think its a mistake to call him now, instead of Feb. If he comes now, but not in Feb, JK is going to look like a total chump to his senior players and us the fans.

9. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is a pretty accurate representation of how he feels.

ussoccer.com: What was the most important factor in the decision process on your end to take this opportunity again?TC: “I thought about all the times I had been with the team and they were really good experiences for me. I spoke a lot with Jurgen and I could see he wanted me to be a part of the team. That was very important. I am excited about the chance to represent the United States.”

10. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome back Timmy. I hold no ill will towards him as long as he doesn't snub us again we need him. Hope he shines against Russia and picks up his form with FCN.

Berks repped this.
  11. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The day Timmy plays for us in a match which caps him for the USMNT is the day I believe he is committed to the USA. As long as his "commitment" is limited to friendlies which do not commit him at all, to anyone or anything, then I'll be sceptical of his professions of commitment.
    Prove it, Timmy.

raza_rebel, Schapes and braun repped this.
  12. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Before he bailed on us last time he talked the talk as well. Honestly I don't know why he would accept a call-up to play a tough road game in Russia if he didn't think he was going to accept for the Hex in February (the DFB has almost definitely decided to go in a different direction, which is why he's decided he's 1000% committed, I'd feel comfortable in wagering), so I would say it's likely that he means it this time, but I'm going to remain skeptical until he's capped in the Hex. He's bailed on us not once but twice now.

13. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he plays well against Russia I hope he accepts the honduran away game.

14. braun

braun Red Card

Feb 22, 2001
    metro Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't know what the DFB is thinking, and we don't know what Chandler is thinking, but I will never consider him loyal in any way. Also, the guy seems immature and unprincipled, so I can't take him seriously. Wish he were like Jones, Williams or Fabian.

15. braun

braun Red Card

Feb 22, 2001
    metro Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't know what the DFB is thinking, and we don't know what Chandler is thinking, but I will never consider him loyal in any way. Also, the guy seems immature and unprincipled, so I can't take him seriously. Wish he were like Jones, Williams or Fabian.
    I don't blame JK cajoling him into playing for us since he has less than an adequate pool of players elsewhere. These guys are neither American or German. The whole thing is strange.

16. sMiLeYz

sMiLeYz Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can afford to be choosy when we start producing quality fullbacks, until then I'm fine with Chandler and his indecisiveness. Besides I'm now a huge fan of Fabian Johnson.

Berks repped this.
  17. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Timothy Chandler defended like a madman when his team went down to 10 men against european superpower and elite team bayern munich.

Chandler played extremely well in having to deal with the top attackers.

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  18. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or that tells me Chandler's full of ....

19. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the interview was very telling... He mentioned that his club was suggesting against playing for the US they could easily lean on a young player and influence him.

20. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed the game yesterday but luckily they are showing the replay on GOLTV tomorrow.

21. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I still like the idea somebody had - start him against Honduras and sub him after two minutes.

Then ask - How is that for commitment?

22. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ummm no.

23. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm sure that will help long term with other dual nationals who are trying to decide what to do. Not to mention burning a sub during an away Hex match against a difficult opponent. I'm sure all the guys who have been busting their rumps to try to get to the WC and onto the team would really appreciate their coach doing something so petty and vindictive that jeopardizes the whole enterprise.

We'll find out in February, but I'm hopeful.

Marko72 repped this.
  24. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Hmmm, I wonder how many of our German American players celebrate Thanksgiving?:)

25. Foolishness

Foolishness Member+

Aug 15, 2012
    Not sure about German Americans (aside from Gyau - that's another situation though) but I loved this picture. Timmy and Holden.
    [​IMG]

Berks, Master O, Zoidberg and 2 others repped this.