German National Team News & Discussion Thread - EURO 2012 & Beyond [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by ForeverRed, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Why the hell can Cacau be a NT player?? How can he manage to do that?

He is a sub for Stuttgart, and even if he plays, he sucks

On the other hand, hoffenheim is starting Mlapa at CF

2. Lemonade

Lemonade Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Because Mlapa is part of the U-21 team and Klose/Gomez will still be the main strikes in the next years, so there is no need to get him out of the u-21 premature.
    Also a successfull team needs some continuity and loyalty, a flavour of the month team won't succeed in an international tournament.
    And last but not least, the position of the third striker needs some other qualities than a 21 year old can deliver.

3. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mlapa - one (!) goal this season. Not exactly NT-material, I guess:eek: Definetely no argument to leave Cacau out who always perform solid if he is thrown in by Löw, which is not often
    It's a pitty with Mlapa, I think he has more potential than he shows it in Hoffenheim.

4. bhzrd543

bhzrd543 Member

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  5. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Lasogga, Polter, Mlapa n Volland (in recent weeks) all struggle lately: playing time decrease, not scoring/showing any impact on the pitch

I m more optimistic about Yesil, Ducksch, Benkarit n Timo Werner's future though

I think the problem with Mlapa is that he is a good footballer: GREAT size for a CF, with Good speed and explosiveness for his size, solid technically and is a good passer.

He just cant finish and not a prolific scorer. His finishing is sub-par for a CF, that already hurt him enough.

But other than the stat sheet, if u see him play in action, he does impress. He just doesnt score many goals, but he is a good player

6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The only thing I have to say about this Gomez/Klose situation is that if we use the same timid game plan against Spain (assuming we even make it that far) and fail again, then something needs to change.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over again and expecting different results.

7. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought that's more love than insanity and the love towards Klose is undeniable. Handle him a trophy!!1 :)

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Then Klose shouldn't be on the pitch. According to Einstein's theory anyways. :p But the system!!!111!

9. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We definitely have a problem scoring against Spain, this is something we're going to have to overcome and it will be up to the players and coach to get their tactics and approach right.

10. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    That's sadly what Arsenal fans tell Wenger.

11. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Spain have never looked quite stable when hit on the counter. With Klose, this is more feasible. However, in current form, there is no better in the box type striker than Gomez. He has done it all against both top, middle tier and lesser teams and if we do cross and pass in the box, he'll latch onto something.

12. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't let Gomez play against Spain dear god in heaven!

And its not only the tactics like if the same tactic would fail over and over again.....it was only 1:0 two times!!! If we improve, and we did improve, then this tactic will certainly work. Its also about the quality of the team!

13. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lets see how Bayern do against Real Madrid and possibly Barca. That will give us a good indication if Gomez can play against Spain.

14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's not like Gomez has already scored vs Barca

oh wait

15. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Don't think this will give us anything, TBH.

16. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany doesn't have Ribery and Robben on the flanks. They make Bayern's counter attacking football so dangerous.

If Loew's plan is to play counter attacks against Spain, then Gomez is surely a better choice than Klose in this play style.

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Countering isn't defined by wing play and crosses. It's one strategy but countering can work perfectly with Klose as well, who you can argue is a better choice because he allows flow to move quicker by dropping. Dortmund is one example of this.

I do think Barca and Madrid matches are actually valuable in this regard. It will still be our players against a mightier opponent in the latter stages of THE premium competition in football. Barca moreso because of their philosophy but Madrid's heavy pressing and individual talent isn't too far removed from what Spain offer. Ultimately it's about encountering the best opponents and see how our individuals and their tactical outlook stack up against them. The two stages vary but this will be a good sample preview.

18. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just read on Goal.com that Grosskreutz is getting flak for his troglodyte behavior. I used to think that Podolski was impossibly brutish; looks like Grosskreutz takes the cake.

19. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

You're totally right - reading Goal.com must be just like being there.

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I lol'd....

21. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kevin Grosskreutz mouthing off is as widely documented as the Republican primary. I don't know what he said in this instance; I don't care what he said. The guy's still a troglodyte. I didn't need to be anywhere to come to this conclusion.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

23. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klose injured.. media reports say for several weeks. could be a good thing to give him some rest but this injury liability scares me.

24. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm just waiting for the inevitable disaster when he gets hurt during the group stages, and Loew has made no attempt to really integrate Gomez into the team.

25. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    LOL. Gomez has 6 Bayern team mates in the starting eleven(plus Kroos usually coming from the bench if everyone is fit) and has participated in 51 Germany games in the last FIVE YEARS. If Gomez is not integrated then who is ?