German National Team News & Discussion Thread - EURO 2012 & Beyond [R] II

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Hendrik, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Again, u are just trying to fill up a formation with better players and trying to make it look better on paper. If that's the case we shouldn't even be playing with our left backs and our center backs other than Hummels.

Personnel, team chemistry, adaptability....etc all matters. "it works on Barcelona and Spain(all player are from Barcelona and Real Madrid or their youth academies anyway) so it works for us..." what the *uck is that? We need someone to execute and none of our midfielders can win a position battle n Make a one-touch finish like Iniesta does. Barcelona n Spain both have 2 to 3 top 5 players In the world.

I m rather conservative with all these hypothesis and assumption.

But again, there is your wet dreams and u can think whatever u like. It's just completely silly that people all assume it works base on what they think.. Haha wtf?

Loew will be using Klose and Gomez anyway, until a top striker will breakout sooner or later. And I pray to god that striker will appear soon so that u guys can stfu and admit this wet dream is a joke

2. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stop making things up. I didn't once mention spain or Barca, I only talked about the players on our team and what they excel at. Also none of us are guaranteeing it'd work, certainly not immediately, which is why Miro and Mario would still be on the team in case we're struggling to break through the way Spain used Torres and Negredo at the EM.

Plus I dunno bout you, but I can't say I've ever had a wet dream about any sport, I did have a very nice dream about my large breasted ex that I'm getting back together with, but that was neither a wet dream nor soccer related.

3. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To change the topic..

Dante is more and more in the German media linked with the DFB. He could be eligible on Jan. 2014. Can he help quality-wise? Should the DFB do such a move?

Personally I think Dante would do just fine with the DFB but in contrast to someone like Cacau who decided to get German passport long before he was in the focus for an International career, Dante just wants to participate 2014 in Brazil, more similar to Barrios 2010.

I like him very much as person and as professional but I think it would be a wrong decision to integrate him into the DFB.

I also would prefer a more fluid defensive play by the team with interchanging positions. This will totally distract the attackers.

4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are truly incorrigible. We have defeated your arguments so many times it has just become downright sad. I beg any future readers of this forum to go back a page or two to see it, because it would be comedic were it not pathetic.

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone know how old Kirsten is?

6. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No,no,no. Don't need him, enough german talent. He will be over 30 in 2014. No longer perspective. And as you said, there is not enough german background. Cacau was okay, Dante not.
    Can't understand that ex DFB youth coordinator Sammer was arguing indirectly in favor of Dante in the german national team as he lamented about the missing responsibility of Dutt in such cases:rolleyes:

7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would accept him in a heartbeat. Dante's one of the most underrated defenders in Germany, and I hope Scolari calls him up. If Dante could provide stability to Bayern's defence almost immediately, who's to say he couldn't do the same with Germany? It is short-term thinking, I acknowledge, but at this point I'm looking at how to avoid results like 4-4 against Sweden, and Dante seems like a fine addition especially over Mertesacker. He would provide experience and stability to a defence which is short of it. He wouldn't even need to be starting, he could be a bench option.

8. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not sure why we wouldn't take Dante, providing he will stay on form for a few more years.

Scolari would be idiotic not to call him up. He's the only one on Hummels' level right now.

9. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No point at his age but there's no question that he'd do well.

10. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I've been wondering about that myself. Mentally he is not more than 10.
    I think he is in his late teens or early 20s which is pretty embarrassing.

11. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Trust me, anyone who thinks a formation which looks like it works on paper is a slam dunk ... Is immature

And no one has defeated my argument. I said striker less formation won't work in reality, who can prove I m wrong?

Lol, just because some of u say this player can do this and that? GTFO! Lol, u can say whatever u like, that's on paper. Real football is different

12. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How old are you? Just curious.

13. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The burden of proof is on you to make that case. Your arguments have been a failure on almost every point and you have failed to respond to any of them, preferring instead to either discard them quietly or restate tem, which makes them no more valid. Let's go through them quickly shall we?
    Assertion 1: that it only works with Spain/Barça and Messi/Fabregas.
    Answer: What of Roma and Totti?

Assertion 2: that everything's hypothetical and therefore my assertion that it won't work is just as valid as your assertion that it will, only mine is more valid because it is more "conservative".
    Answer: we are asking for a strikerless formation and for the players to use that and familiarize themselves with that. You are asking for a three-man defence, combined with the less orthodox wingback over the far more widely used (especially in Germany) fullback and a reversion back to a two-striker system, which failed miserably against a worse opponent than a transitional Dutch side in the form of Ukraine. I fail to see how your dream of a 3-5-2 is any less liberal than ours of a 4-6-0.

Assertion 3: we'd be better off trying Fullkrug, Lasogga, Polter, and hoping that one of them breaks out before 2014.
    Answer: While that's all good and well, and a quality young striker in the mould of El-Shaaraway would be manna from heaven, forgive me for not quite trusting in a "throw some prospects on the pitch and hope" approach.

Assertion 4: where's our alternative?
    Answer: Klose, Gomez, and Kießling.

Assertion 5: one-touch finishing?
    Answer: see earlier post for examples of one-touch finishing by our midfielders.

Assertion 6: aerial ability?
    SirMan Answer: overrated, plus we have tall enough MFs and DFs, we need to practice set-pieces.
    My Answer: we simply cannot use it properly enough to call it an asset even if we did have it. The amount of crosses against Italy that came to nothing was sickening.

Assertion 7: you're just trying to cram all our best players in; you're advocating not playing a left back or some stupid crap like that.
    Answer: Strawman, and plus the point of a system is to harmoniously create the means to win through the tools at our disposal. The tools we have are very technical, brilliant goal-scoring midfield-forwards (Schürrle, Reus, Muller, Draxler, Ozil, Götze) combined with very energetic box-to-boxers who can appear all over the pitch (Khedira, Benders) and midfield generals (Schweinsteiger, Gundogan, Kroos). If we can make these components fit together without a striker, as Rosebud brilliantly argues, who's to say we need one?

I have yet to hear a single counter to any of these answers and shall refrain from posting or replying to you until you quit copy-pasting your assertions and actually formulate a comprehensive response organically.

Rosebud and SirManchester repped this.
  14. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Easy there, Freud.

15. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what do u mean? /

16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He means you might've been a tad overdramatic.

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No that's not what he meant because truth isn't overdramatic. It's neutral.

I think he wanted to show that he is aware of general Freudian terminology without remaining in the discussion.

18. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Holy Fuck! Really??? :rolleyes:

19. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kirsten, what do you think about a strikerless formation? Could it work?

SlantNGo, nekkibasara, Rosebud and 5 others repped this.
  20. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I saw this radical new formation called:

FOUR-6-o

I really think we should try it with the squad we have.

I know we can succeed much more then with a striker!

21. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

22. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is post 69 in this thread. Faust, you're my favorite.

23. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well... It'd seem Kirsten19 has left the building

24. StrangerThan

StrangerThan Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So... Kirsten is a man? I was 100% sure it's a 19 years old girl :D

25. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've always thought that he was some sort of bot.