Genoa [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by soccer krazy, Jan 22, 2007.

1. DrMoBueno

DrMoBueno New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    CA
    Club:
    Genoa CFC
    Gasperini in charge of Inter, grasping at straws!

2. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Genoa gives all these great deals to AC milan and inter and gives nothing to the team that tied with them so that they both could get prompted aka Napoli o well... it would of been interesting to see the Hamsik wanna be El shaarwy play with Genoa.

3. DrMoBueno

DrMoBueno New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    CA
    Club:
    Genoa CFC
    Fiorentina goalkeeper Sebastien Frey has rejected a move to Genoa. Genoa offered 5 million euros plus either Giandomenico Mesto, Abdoulay Konko or Robert Acquafresca in exchange, according to Calciomercato.it.

I would rather hope they hold onto Konko.

4. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think he refused and he would be an excellent addition, Eduardo is unreliable...Konko on the other hand is off to Lazio and, judging from what he's shown after he came back from Spain, it's no big loss at all...it's actually a miracle we managed to recoup most of what we spent.

5. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I prayed so hard we wouldn't sign Konko. Lotito picked Konko ahead of Cassani.

We've signed Sculli Floccari and Biava off you guys which I dont have any real complaints, Biava was a steal, Floccari seemed like a good buy for 8 mill but slowed down at the end of this season and Sculli has been average. Konko I dont expect him to do anything but struggle. I am gutted when I hear Konko instead of Cassani in my Lazio media.

6. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Massive downgrade at RB for Lazio, no doubt...I don't think Cassani was available on the cheap, though. That's why Lotito never really pursued him. No way he chose Konko over Cassani based on talent.

7. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cassani was Reja's first choice apparently. Preziosi and Lotito get along well and struck a deal almost instantly except not with Konko personally. Then since Konko wanted more money, Lazio sat down with Zamparini, Palermo was willing to sell and we were ready to buy. Then Konko got scared and signed the contract before the Cassani contract got printed out and now here he is. It seems Lotito and Preziosi scratch each others back every so often. Biava=Gem .. Floccari= singlehandedly saved us from relegation last year, but buying Sculli and Konko are going to be a waste of space and money until 2015. Also Lazio were going to buy Acquafresca and Sokratis but for some very very strange reason they both thought they were too good for us which in reality now they would be f*cken lucky if they played half a season if they were at Lazio.

8. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What an assclown. He also made a poor-taste racist remark about Juric's heritage which got omitted in that article.

He just tried to get rid of Gasperini's fat contract...he couldn't care less about his destination. As for Juric, he should have never been put in charge of the Primavera (which had just won the scudetto and whose coach got inexplicably downgraded) in the first place. I'm glad he's gone.

10. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What you wanna do...they probably have some extra-football business ties and these deals are personal favors. A bit like Preziosi with Milan...good players for relatively little money in exchange for prime advertising spots for his toy company on Berlusconi's Italia 1 (the most watched TV by kids in Italy)...getting Konko in place of Cassani is truly a dumb move.

I don't agree about Sokratis, he didn't do well at Milan (where he was given very little chances) but he's an excellent right back. Better than Konko for sure. Too bad he wants to move, I'd take him over Mesto any day. Acquafresca on the other hand is a bum and also an arrogant idiot. I hope he's left off the first team and forced to train by himself.

11. DrMoBueno

DrMoBueno New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    CA
    Club:
    Genoa CFC
    Ajax's Evander Sno has signed with Genoa.

Apparently he suffered a heart attack last year while playing for their reserve squad.

Wonderful.

12. DrMoBueno

DrMoBueno New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    CA
    Club:
    Genoa CFC
    Surprise, surprise.

Sno failed his medical.

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    The heart attack guy? Shocking! ;)

You're better off, imho.

14. DrMoBueno

DrMoBueno New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    CA
    Club:
    Genoa CFC
    Time for Acquafresca to remember he's actually Polish and move on.

Something going on regarding Lucas Silva. I'm having some trouble understanding what the deal is, is the club competing with Milan to sign him or are are they operating in the shadows for Milan?

Plus, the new kit looks really good. Love the collar.

15. Pato-7

Pato-7 New Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Milan and Genoa are looking to split the fee 50/50 to sign him on a co-ownership.

16. DrMoBueno

DrMoBueno New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    CA
    Club:
    Genoa CFC
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, Pato-7.

Sokratis is gone, season-long loan to Werder Bremen. I guess it's official now, Genoa is Sokratis' pimp.

Also, Sebastien Frey's much delayed move from Fiorentina might be very close.

Perhaps Gilardino will follow him? The club's been busy all of a sudden.

17. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    You're getting a hell of a keeper (5 year deal) and Gilardino was not included as part of the deal.

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cassano might go to Genoa.

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    The man who would be, but never approached, Luca Toni. I had high hopes for him several years ago but it never happened.

20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm an American who likes salami and has heard of Genoa Salami. I see Genoa has finished in the Top 10 in Serie A the previous four seasons with an average rank of 8.5. Therefore Genoa isn't elite with no recent Champions League appearances and a Europa League exit after the Group Stage in 2009-2010. I also support Manchester United, one the best clubs in the world and the club I watch the most. I don't feel the need to support an elite Serie A club but I don't want to like a club with a significant chance at being relegated either. I get FSC but not FS+ and I probably won't watch Genoa much, but I'm going to add them to the clubs I like. I'm disappointed Genoa doesn't have more fans here.

21. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Well they were in Serie C as recently as 2006...