Genius begins great works; labour alone finishes them. Twente 2012-2013 Season

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Aug 17, 2012.

1. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    :rolleyes: Just no, you didn't. Don't make it so blatantly obvious when you lie. And you think it's not as bad when you get kicked out of the cup by a Jupiler team like Den fricking Bosch? Their budget is like.. what... 1/50th of yours?

He's only lost against Real Madrid, Dortmund and Vitesse this year though. The same can't be said of your keepers.

Laughable.

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I don't really think you need me arguing against you to prove to the BigSoccer community how inexplicably bitter you are. Why do you have to be so nasty all the time? For some reason you equate any opinion that conflicts with yours with a lie. That says a lot more about you than about the people you call a liar. The worst debaters of all time are people who try to discredit the character of the person they argue with.

Vermeer while a good goalkeeper has had plenty of duh moments, this season and throughout his career. Everybody knows it and so do you. But never mind that. My entire point is that Boschker while geriatric hasn't cost us any points in the league so far, and if anything has looked rock solid. Boschker is hardly the world's best goalkeeper but for a second choice goalkeeper, and to Dutch league standards, he's served Twente extremely well and continues to do so. Don't take my word for it, just check Twente's defensive record.

ortevor and Orange14 repped this.
  3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    When you say that you have lost no games as result of mistakes by Boschker, after which I correct you by mentioning the game vs Den Bosch. And then you claim you said leaugue games where you did not (it's on the same page for gods sake). How would you like me to classify that as a difference of opinion rather than a lie?

You really don't need me to discredit you. That much is true. Everyone here knows how you are. The way you argue. The way you twist words, ignore corrections and refutations and move the goal posts as you go along. You get called out all the time for that shit. Not just by me. Maybe you should stop for a moment and realize what the common denominator is in these situations.

4. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why so serious?

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    How can a cup game cost you points, exactly?

This is a discussion forum where people post their views. Views by definition are not objective. You don't seem to get that. We're all blinkered here, including you yourself. My interpretation of the facts is different than yours. So bloody what? What aggravates you about this so much that you feel you need to badmouth me all the time? If you cannot stand debate, if you hate people with different views, then start your own online Ajax fanzine. And for heaven's sake, lighten up. Life's too short to badmouth people you've never even met in real life.

Lamprey and Orange14 repped this.
  6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Back to Twente matters: Douglas has said he doesn't want to leave till the summer. Which if true is good news for us.

The boys are playing a friendly tomorrow night in Spain. For the Dutch posters: I think it's live on Eredivisie Live, at 6pm.

7. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How much longer does his contract run for?

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Just six months! As with many other Brazilian players he's got a whole team of agents and managers who all own a stake in him. So even if Twente sold him now for say six million it wouldn't be profitable for the club. Also not for Douglas himself mind. If he's transfer free this summer he's rid of the army of agents and managers.

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    In the Netherlands there's a national charity campaign organised by a popular radio station and held every year in the week before christmas in a different city. This year it was held in Enschede and a record 12 million was raised (of course, us Tukkers are givers hehehe). Anyway Twente also did their bit, fans and players raised almost 50,000 Euros. Here's the video with Brama presenting the cheque to the DJs and thousands of Twente fans on the square singing YNWA (singing starts at around 5.30 for those of you who can't speak Dutch)

10. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    am just wondering, if he will be transfer free, he will be still in the hands of the managers / stakeholders of his footballer rights, won't he ?
    won't he be still owned by a group of people and being free agent, they would have to discuss with his new club some bonus for themselves for letting him to join the club ?

and any rumours about new signings / squad changes ? How does it look like with Bjelland, will he be ready for the start of spring season?

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well it's all speculation and nobody's ever confirmed what his situation is, but the belief over here is that at the end of his Twente contract Douglas is a completely free agent - so he himself can cash in on the signing money wherever he goes next. That would explain why he's never been in a real hurry to leave. His agent says that this month they've received one official bid from a Bundesliga club but he doesn't want to go.

Bjelland is back in training but separate from the team. He gets his final medical checkup in two weeks time, if he gets the go ahead he'll be back with group then. I'm guessing it'll be about a month before he gets playing time.

Our chairman says no key players are going, let's hope he's right. And if no-one important is going, we won't be getting any new players in either. I think the way we played in our last game before the winter break will be the starting XI, but with Mihaylov back as first goalkeeper. Attack-wise that means Chadli on the left wing, Gyasi on the right, Tadic on the number 10 position and Castaignos as striker. Gutierrez is the victim of that system which is somewhat of a shame as he showed plenty of promise, but the team is more balanced and above all more creative with Tadic as the playmaker.

ortevor repped this.
  12. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    clever move from him, i can imagine how happy his managers are about it :p
    nice to see that once tha agents won't have profit and won't cash on his as they expected...

nice to hear Bjelland will be back soon..btw any news with Rendla, in a way if he is rehabilitating after his surgery already ( i suppose we undergo the plastic of knee ligaments or sth) ?
    curious as there is nothing about him even in the Slovakian media, since the injury...which is weird, as previously they were focusing on him alot in a way how his treatment goes...

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I haven't heard about Rendla in a while either. I know he had surgery in the US, I haven't seen him back yet. If there's one player I wish well it's him - it's incredible how much bad luck that boy has had.

ortevor repped this.
  14. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Feyenoordsoccerfan said that Djuricic will be a Twente player next season. You heard anything about that or is he just spouting off nonsense?

15. I'm a master of the Indo cuisine and mr Must is a big fan of that and when I cook it for him the flaming hot dishes makes his mouth doing unexpected things like letting go on secrets:)

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I think what got the rumours flying about that is when he himself posted on his twitter that he was visiting 'friends in Enschede'.

We'll likely lose Chadli in the summer and considering that Tadic can also play on the wing, yeh sure we'd be interested in Djuricic. Depends on the asking price of course. And on what he wants. And if a bigger club gets involved we'll get nowhere with him..

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    What do you put in your satay sauce?

18. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Who said anything about points? It can't be your view that we were talking about points because it is a fact that we did not. There's a difference, you see?

19. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It appears that JC-14 is right:

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So Twente lost a cup game owing to a goalkeeping mistake - what point exactly are you trying to make with this fact? What I'm saying is that Boschker, even at this age, and as a second choice goalkeeper, is more trustworthy than most first goalkeepers in the eredivisie. Does one lost cup game change that? No it does not.

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Woohooo we just won the prestigious (erm..) Maspalomas Cup. Beat Lausanne Sports 2-0, both goals by Castaignos, first was a beauty thanks to a lovely pass by Tadic. Good news about this training camp for me was young academy player Holscher who made the most out of the opportunity he was given.

ortevor repped this.
  22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    ortevor and BTV802 repped this.
  23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
  24. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Maybe he has got it in him after all! Might give him a bit of confidence that goal. I keep on forgetting how young he is by the way.

25. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    For the sake of Dutch NT, I really hope this kid is turning out well. We can use more firepower up front, especially with RvP and KjH are not getting any younger (and L. de Jong is struggling). It's pretty depressing to see that the current top 4 goal-scorers in Eredivisie are all foreigners... huge expectation for Castaignos to deliver.