Questa Curva non si divide ** Curva Sud Thread **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Roma_NY, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Andreas, schnix and meazza repped this.
  3. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Didn't know where to put this. But send your happy videos to Ermes. Get crazy. :D

DCUroma repped this.
  4. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Major sales on the teamwear in Roma Store including the team shirts - up to 40% on some items.

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We better retire the #10 , no one is ever going to be good enough to wear that number , unless it's Christian Totti !

our next #10 needs to be:
    Romano and Romanista.
    World class player.
    club symbol with us for a ton of years.

And i honestly don't think that's gonna happen , i got kinda mad when they gave Pluto's number to Strootman , but i guess he earned it afterall , if they give away Francesco's number i'll be mad.

ShoelessMan repped this.
  7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im down the middle about retiring the number 10 number in calcio. Lucarelli made a nice argument against it saying it gives a player something to strive for. Id love to see a player wear the number 10 for Napoli if we ever do get a player that plays like Maradona.

whill4 and DDR repped this.
  8. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But the point of retiring is , there is an astronomically small chance you'll ever get anyone that is remotely be as good as Maradona.
    He was unique to napoli , just like Totti is unique to us , he's even more to us than maradona was to Napoli , Totti is a roman born , he's a symbol for us.

9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Every kid should have the right to dream of wearing the number 10.

Midfield General repped this.
  10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Diego is still to this day the symbol of Napoli there always people who say "chi ama non dimentica" but in my opinion having the chance be out there for a player to believe they can have the shirt that Diego wore would be something magical to see. As of now nobody at Napoli deserves that shirt but who knows what the future may bring. The number 10 shouldnt be just given it needs to be earned which is why whenever I see Osvaldo wearing that number for italy it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

DDR repped this.
  11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We already disgraced it with Cassano wearing it.

12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He put in good work while wearing it he has been the best one to wear it since Totti....

13. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not saying you guys didn't love Diego.
    But Totti... he's a guy from one of the poor blocks of Rome , who has been a fan of our team for his whole life , he's refused a white check from Real Madrid and Milan , he's just unique.

14. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm sorry, but i think this is a bunch of bs... if you're a kid who dreams of wearing the #10 for roma, and you actually make the squad and the #10 is retired, tough shit! pick another number and wear it so well the next generation of kids want to wear YOUR number!

there are going to be much bigger challenges to a player than whether or not they can wear the number 10, and if they can't get past the heartbreak of not being able to wear the number 10, then they never deserved the #10 in the first place.

15. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in my humble opinion, i honestly think the days of kids wanting to wear a number because of it's "description" of the type of player you are or your position on the field is dying out. team's have stopped using the system, so kids these days want to wear numbers because totti wears it, or messi wears it, or ronaldo wears it!

i imagine that for every one player on the streets of rome that wants to wear the #10 because of the romantic idea of a "number 10", there are 100 players wearing it because of totti! they wear #10 to honor totti... they wear #10 because they model their game after totti... they dream of wearing #10 for roma because they want to BE the next totti...

i don't see it being a big deal if they somehow are able to play for roma, and they can't wear the #10 because it was retired out of respect for totti... after all, totti is the reason they wanted to wear #10 in the first place...

16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My thing is what does it say about the people before them that wore the number 10. How come people didnt think of retiring it for them.... Then again in the past im sure retiring numbers didnt really happen... Perhaps Totti was inspired by a former roma number 10 ? Either way there is no wrong stance on this matter.

whill4 repped this.
  17. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i CAN agree with that. i agree to disagree with people all the time. it's all good!

18. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    His idol was Giannini , has he's always said , who also wore the #10 , but... Giannini wasn't nearly as good as Totti , by a mile.

19. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    let's say totti weren't able to wear the number 10 because it was retired and he stayed with 16... he would have made the #16 immortal! (it's a weird number to talk about now since de rossi wears it) but #16 would have been forever linked with totti at roma! kids all over rome would be running around with #16 totti jerseys and dreaming of wearing the number 16! when his time was up, roma retires the #16 and whenever they "next big thing" happens again, they get to choose a number of their own to immortalize.

point being, kids are resilient, they'll get over not being able to wear a certain jersey #!!!

20. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    EVERYONE , THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN.

21. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still think naming a stand after him would do a better job of immortalizing him. In 20 years kids will not care about a retired jersey. But a curva Totti, now that would keep him relevant for as long as the new stadium stands.

Midfield General and shiboboo repped this.
  22. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Agree. I also think they should honor Osvaldo by naming the toilets after him.

Andreas, lb961, Midfield General and 3 others repped this.
  23. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i would break the rep button now , if only there was one :(

Salmeen10 repped this.
  24. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i say build him a statue, name the stadium after him, name all the concession stands "totti's feeding trough", have 3D totti holograms personally welcome every fan to the stadium, have him kick a ceremonial first kick before every game, make him the manager, AND retire his jersey...

25. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy