General PDL

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by QuietType, May 11, 2012.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have to assume for a second here that there is some association between the NY Magic of the USL W League and the new USL PDL NY Magic - FA Euro?

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They couldn't also get an 'i' and an 'o' in that sequence of vowels? Disappointed. I mean 'eiouro' would be pronounced the same.;)

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's going to be interesting to see where they decide to play...my guess is Brooklyn but the NY Magic W League team used to play at Iona College in New Rochelle, NY and guess where the Westchester Flames play? If you guessed City Park in New Rochelle, NY you'd be correct!

5. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Victoria Highlanders Supporters' Board - the first fans' trust in Canada
    Away From The Numbers - Canadian Soccer News
    February 13, 2013

Dear Canadian soccer fans: the supporter-ownership movement has arrived here in the land of the maple leaf.

Victoria Highlanders Football Club (VHFC) has recently changed its organizational structure, giving Victoria fans ownership of 30% of the club. Rather than having individual fans purchase shares in the club, a provincially-registered society – known as the Highlanders Supporters’ Board – now legally owns 30% of Victoria Highlanders. The Board will be operated and controlled by club supporters, and it will be independent from the club.

To put things in perspective: the Highlanders Supporters’ Board is the only supporters’ trust in Canada, and is the only supporters’ trust in Canada/USA that owns part of its club.

READ MORE

7. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Does anyone know the situation with the PDL's Abbotsford(Fraser Valley) Mariners FC team of the Northwest PDL Division? I've heard info they withdrew from the PDL and will play in the PCSL(Regional Canadian D4 BC League) for 2013.

They don't seem to be listed on the PDL site anymore either.

8. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Looks like the Cincinnati Kings have folded. They are not listed under the Great Lakes Division

9. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like the club still exists. It could be that they aren't fielding a team in the PDL this year. I sent a email question to the contact for the club to see if they are.

10. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I know they have an indoor team in the PASL and youth teams. I guess they're just not entering a team in the PDL

11. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got an email back confirming that. For the PASL they partner with another group. They have a team in both the pro and amateur PASL leagues.

12. CapitalCityFC

CapitalCityFC Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
  13. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looing forward to having a PDL team in OKC, actually less than 2 miles from my house. The press release says that it is organized/ran by Brad Lund who used to head up (maybe still does(?) Express Sports which used to own/operate the higly succesful Oklahoma City Blazers hockey team. I just wonder what their long-term goals are.

14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they did that last year too. Or at least there was a Seacoast United team in the NPSL. I need to take a look at their rosters and see where they pull most of their players from. I'm guessing they are pulling players also from MA and ME.

18. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OKC FC had their final preseason game lst night against an NPSL team from Dallas (Liverpool Warriors) Was kind of a last minute setup, and an even more last minute change of venue for the game. Still, the stands were full, which was great to see. Looking forward to the first game

19. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's their roster make up like? Where are most of the players from? I know there are a few good NAIA programs in the state.

20. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I could tell you. They haven't release an official roster yet. Their website is kind of a joke right now. All I know for sure is that the coach is the soccer coach from Univeristy of Science and Arts of Oklahoma (NAIA I think). And the team is SUPPOSEDLY being ran by two guys who used to run the highly succesful Oklahoma City Blazers AA hockey team

21. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supporter's scarves for OKC FC

Attached Files:

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Open Cup match
    Des Moines Menace USL PDL team will host the Madison 56ers NPSL at Des Moines Menace Valley Stadium in West Des Moines, IA on Tuesday, May 14, at 7:30 p.m. CT.

23. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just drove by Stars Field where OKC FC will play. They have added (2) large bleacher sections! And one of them is behind an endline. I'm assuming that is for the Suporter's Section. Sweet :)